|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Household Appliance Stores
Overview: the U.S. Household Appliance Stores Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Household Appliance Stores:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Household Appliance Stores industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Major Household Appliances
Kitchen Appliances, Parts, & Accessories
Laundry Appliances, Parts, Accessories, Including Clothes Washers & Dryers
Outdoor Gas Grills, Parts, Accessories
Other Major Household Appliances, Parts & Accessories
Small Household Appliances & Personal Care Appliances
TV, DVD/Blu-Ray Players & Recorders, Camcorders, Portable Video Players, E-Book Readers, DVDs, Blu-Ray Discs.
Televisions & Related Parts & Accessories
Audio Equipment, Musical Instruments (New & Used), Radios, Audio Electronic Components, CDs, Records, Tapes, Audio Books, Sheet
Audio Equipment, Components, Parts & Accessories
Furniture, Sleep Equipment & Outdoor/Patio Furniture
New & Used Computer Hardware, Software, & Supplies, Including Computer Game Software & Tablet Computers
Computer & Peripheral Equipment
Hardware, Tools, & Plumbing & Electrical Supplies
All Other Merchandise
Telephones, Cellular Phones, Phone Batteries, Answering Machines, Pagers, & Navigation (Gps) Equipment
All Nonmerchandise Receipts
Labor Charges For Work Performed By This Establishment
Value Of Service Contracts
All Other Nonmerchandise Receipts
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Household Appliance Stores Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Household Appliance Stores companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Household Appliance Stores company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Household Appliance Stores industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Household Appliance Stores measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||66%|
|Supervisors of Sales Workers||8%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Sales Workers||8%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers||7%|
|Retail Sales Workers||49%|
|Sales Representatives, Services||8%|
|Miscellaneous Sales Representatives, Services||8%|
|Sales Representatives, Services, All Other||8%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||13%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||11%|
|Electrical and Electronic Equipment Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers||8%|
Household Appliance Stores Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Voice Systems Technology||5|
|Data Business Systems||3|
|P. C. Richard & Son Long Island|
|H&W Computer Systems|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Circuit City brand returning: website to relaunch next month with stores opening later - ... appliances and smart-home products, said Shmoel, who is chief executive officer of the new Circuit City. Circuit City was founded in 1949 when Samuel S. Wurtzel opened the first Wards Co. television and appliance store on West Broad Street in Richmond. (01/10/2018)
- Innit Delivers Breakthrough Smart Kitchen Assistance with LG Appliances - Innit will launch later this year across LG's expansive portfolio of home appliances in the US. The Innit app is available as a free download in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. (01/10/2018)
- Watch our CES 2018 smart home panel: Shopping and the Smart Home - Store No 8. Moderating the panel will be Rich Brown, CNET's executive editor in charge of smart home and appliance reviews. Does the idea of in-home delivery excite or horrify you? Whether you've got a strong opinion or you're simply curious about the ... (01/10/2018)
- Signature Kitchen Suite Luxury Appliances Deliver Smart Cooking Experience - With Wi-Fi-enabled appliances ... are both available for iOS in the App store and for Andriod in Google Play. Visitors to KBIS in Orlando, Fla., this week can experience Signature Kitchen Suite's latest smart home offering, including live demonstrations ... (01/10/2018)
- Small Domestic Appliances 2017 - they have primarily focused growth plans on food propositions at the expense of home and electrical sales. Space allocated in stores has been reduced, pushing more of their SDA range online. The report "Small Domestic Appliances 2017", offers comprehensive ... (01/09/2018)
- Penney’s CEO: We’re Taking Sears’ Home Business - and is exploring third-party partnerships for its Home Services arm. The retailer did open an appliance store in Colorado and an appliance and mattress store in Texas over the last two years. But the slow rollout coupled with the many issues the company ... (01/09/2018)
- Sears Holdings' Store Closing Spree Continues: J.C. Penney Is Set to Benefit - In 2017, it added appliances to approximately 100 additional locations ... Last year, it also expanded its mattress selection in many stores and began piloting various home remodeling services, aiming to chip away in two more categories where Sears ... (01/08/2018)
- Haier, owner of GE Appliances, announces Android TVs at CES 2018 - And with the Google Play Store for Android TV, whatever you're into from YouTube ... About Haier Group Founded in 1984, the Haier Group is today the world's leading brand of major household appliances, with global revenues amounting to RMB 241 billion ... (01/08/2018)
- Experts say these are the best places to buy appliances — and it's not looking good for Sears - For decades, Sears was the top store in the US for buying dishwashers, refrigerators, stoves, and other major household appliances. But with Sears closing hundreds of stores, shoppers are now going elsewhere for these major purchases. Lowe's and Home ... (12/10/2017)
- Art Van Furniture-Household Appliance grand opening held at township store - MARQUETTE Art Van Furniture, the largest family-owned furniture and mattress retailer in the U.S., held a grand opening Thursday night to officially open the doors to its most recent franchise store in Marquette. The company, which got its start in 1959 ... (01/10/2014)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $1,992,172 on Household Appliance Stores. It has awarded 190 contracts to 37 companies, with an average value of $53,842 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Appliance stores, household-type, Household-type appliance stores, Vacuum cleaner stores, Sewing machine stores, etc.