|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Hydroelectric Power Generation
Overview: the U.S. Hydroelectric Power Generation IndustryAs power consumption in the U.S. continues to increase, the hydroelectric power industry will need to invest considerably in infrastructure if it is to increase capacity.
Hydroelectric power offers a reliable, clean, readily available, and efficient power source. Outdated machinery has limited providers and left them with massive untapped potential to meet growing power consumption needs. Though costly to repair, updating hydroelectric facilities pose few adverse environmental risks and is necessary for revenue growth and expanding green energy.
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Hydroelectric Power Generation:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Hydroelectric Power Generation industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Electricity - Generation
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Hydroelectric Power Generation company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Hydroelectric Power Generation industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Hydroelectric Power Generation measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||7%|
|Business Operations Specialists||5%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||11%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||16%|
|Information and Record Clerks||5%|
|Customer Service Representatives||5%|
|Customer Service Representatives||5%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||29%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||21%|
|Line Installers and Repairers||15%|
|Electrical Power-Line Installers and Repairers||14%|
|Plant and System Operators||12%|
|Power Plant Operators, Distributors, and Dispatchers||11%|
|Power Plant Operators||8%|
Hydroelectric Power Generation Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Chameliya hydro project finally comes online - “The power generation capacity will be raised from Sunday when we ... “We have already asked Korea Hydro and Nuclear Power Company, the electro- and hydro-mechanical contractor of the project, to start the test,” said Dahal. During the wet test ... (01/13/2018)
- Eversource Power Plant Sale Completed - Eversource has sold its three large fossil generation facilities and two combustion turbines to Granite Shore Power LLC. The large plants include the Newington and Schiller stations and Bow Station in Merrimack. The company's nine hydroelectric facilities ... (01/13/2018)
- EIA: Renewables Made Up Nearly Half Of New Utility-Scale Power In 2017 - Once final data are in, the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) expects about 25 GW of new utility-scale electric generating capacity to have been added to the U.S. power grid during ... of precipitation increased hydroelectric generation ... (01/12/2018)
- Distributed energy generation systems market trends detailed in new research report - Canyon Hydro, Goldwind, Rolls-Royce, Capstone Turbine, Corporation, Cargo & Kraft Turbin Sverige, Mitsubishi Power Systems, ClearEdge Power, Caterpillar Power Plants, Toyota Turbine and Systems, Vestas and Yingli Solar. TheDistributed Energy Generation ... (01/12/2018)
- Eversource Completes Sale of NH Fossil-Fueled Power Plants - "We will soon close on the related sale of our hydroelectric facilities and join other New ... The sale of Eversource's power generation facilities was a component of a comprehensive restructuring and rate stabilization agreement entered into in 2015. (01/11/2018)
- Eversource Completes Sale of Fossil Generation Facilities - Eversource entered into the sale of its power generation facilities as part of a 2015 restructuring and rate stabilization agreement. The nine hydro facilities are set for purchase by Hull Street Energy LLC for $83 million. GE Power today announced it has ... (01/11/2018)
- Zera licenses 9 independent power producers - last year issued power generation licences to nine independent power producers (IPPs) with a potential to produce a cumulative 260 megawatts (MW) of electricity. Two of the licences were for the establishment of mini-hydro power plants, while six were for ... (01/11/2018)
- Sale by Eversource subsidiary nearly completes N.H. power deregulation plan - which nearly completes the process of deregulating the state's power industry, the Public Utilities Commission said Thursday. "Yesterday's closing was for Eversource's fossil generation plants; the sale of the hydro plants has not yet closed," NHPUC ... (01/11/2018)
- Hydropower (Large, Small and Pumped Storage) in Japan, Market Outlook to 2030, Update 2017-Capacity, Generation, Regulations and Company Profiles - small hydro, biopower and solar PV) and provides forecasts up to 2030. The report highlights installed capacity and power generation trends from 2006 to 2030 in Japan hydropower market. A detailed coverage of renewable energy policy framework governing the ... (01/10/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $53,357,059 on Hydroelectric Power Generation. It has awarded 62 contracts to 19 companies, with an average value of $2,808,266 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Hydroelectric power generation, Electric power generation, hydroelectric, Power generation, etc.