Industrial Building Construction Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Industrial Building Construction
Overview of the U.S. Industrial Building Construction IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Industrial Building Construction: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Construction Services BreakdownThe following products and services account for the largest source of revenues in the Industrial Building Construction industry. Note that there are multiple levels of classification, so some line items are contained within other lines.
|Type of Construction||Total Sales ($ millions)||New Construction ($ millions)||Additions, Alterations, and Reconstruction ($ millions)||Maintenance & Repair ($ millions)|
Building construction, total
Manufacturing and industrial warehouses
Other manufacturing and light industrial buildings, such as factories, assembly plants, and industrial research laboratories
Stores, restaurants, automobile service stations, parking garages, and other commercial buildings
Commercial warehouses such as distribution buildings and mini-storage
Health care and institutional buildings
Other building construction
Nonbuilding construction, total
Chemical (except petrochemical) complexes/plants, blast furnaces, and mining appurtenances
Sewage and water treatment plants
Petrochemical plants and petroleum refineries
Other nonbuilding construction
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Industrial Building Construction company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Industrial Building Construction industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Industrial Building Construction measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Other Management Occupations||9%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||6%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Construction and Extraction Occupations||59%|
|Supervisors of Construction and Extraction Workers||11%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Construction Trades and Extraction Workers||11%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Construction Trades and Extraction Workers||11%|
|Construction Trades Workers||46%|
Industrial Building Construction Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|American Muscle Docks & Fabrication|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Ankeny neared another record for building permits last year - The city of Ankeny issued building permits with a valuation of $337 million last year, the second-highest amount on record and the fourth consecutive year in which permits have added up to at least $300 million in construction activity. Taxable commercial ... (01/10/2018)
- Look inside the newest building at the U of L Health Sciences Center - The University of Louisville will have its own $78 million contribution to the bundle of major commercial development ... said in a news release. Construction of the 176,000-square-foot, eight-story building started in July 2016. The center is located ... (01/10/2018)
- Southern Land Company Hires President of Commercial Construction - Posthauer brings with him more than 30 years of experience to the position, including management of significant projects in the commercial and residential ... with a Bachelor of Science degree in Building Construction Technology. “All of Marty’s ... (01/10/2018)
- Curtain wall market buoyed by growing demand for commercial and residential buildings - Sport anreas and commercial buildings are focusing on developing the curtain architecture ... translucent or opaque. During the construction of the curtain wall cladding in houses, the thickness of the glass is 1/4 inch and 1 inch. Fabric is the material ... (01/10/2018)
- Linn County building permits booming - Forty-five building permits have been issued for site-built homes ... “We are very, very busy,” Wheeldon said. “And commercial construction is catching up with residential housing.” If activity continues at the same pace, he said, the department ... (01/10/2018)
- Lake County 2017 construction: Crown Point, St. John issue most permits - In Lake County, Crown Point and St. John continued to lead the way in new residential building, each of which issued permits for more than 300 single- and multi-family homes last year. Medical, retail, and industrial renovations and new construction ... (01/10/2018)
- Global $175 Billion Construction Sustainable Materials Market, Analysis & Forecast, 2017-2026: Focus on Type, Applications and End-User - the construction sustainable materials market is segmented into industrial construction, residential building, commercial buildings, and others. The commercial buildings segment dominated the global construction sustainable materials market by end-user ... (01/10/2018)
- Analysis of Relative Performance in the Construction Materials Industry for Shares of Eagle Materials (EXP, USCR, MLM, SUM, VMC) - The Company's products are used in the construction of homes, commercial and industrial buildings, and governmental buildings across the United States. (01/10/2018)
- Top 3 Drivers of the Global Dry Construction Market | Technavio - The report further segments the global dry construction market by end-user (residential buildings and commercial buildings) and by geography (the Americas, APAC, and EMEA). This report is available at a USD 1,000 discount for a limited time only ... (01/09/2018)
- Commercial building to drive UAE construction sector - Commercial infrastructure will be the clear outperformer within the broader construction sector of the UAE in the coming years, as economic diversification gathers pace and the various emirates focus on developing higher-value service industries, a report ... (01/01/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $966,602,505 on Industrial Building Construction. It has awarded 3,622 contracts to 470 companies, with an average value of $2,056,601 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Kiln construction, Incinerator, municipal waste disposal, construction, Prefabricated industrial building (except warehouses) erection, Materials recovery facility construction, Pharmaceutical manufacturing plant construction, Paper or pulp mill construction, Steel mill construction, Cement plant construction, Chemical (except petrochemical process type) plant construction, Smelter construction, Cannery construction, Blast furnace construction, Ammonium plant construction, Speculative builders (i.e., building on own land, for sale), industrial building (except warehouses), Construction management, Food processing plant construction, Clean room construction, Washery, mining, Aluminum plant construction, Tipple, Oven, industrial plant, Manufacturing building construction, Foundry construction, Mine loading and discharging station construction, Garbage disposal plant construction, Addition, alteration and renovation for-sale builders, Factory construction, Textile mill construction, Industrial building (except warehouses) construction, general contractors, alteration and renovation, Furnace (i.e., industrial plant structure) construction, Fish processing plant construction, Motor vehicle assembly plant construction, Waste disposal plant (except sewage treatment) construction, Ore and metal refinery construction, mass-burn type, Refuse disposal plant construction, Acid plant construction, For-sale builders (i.e., for-sale builders, Metal processing plant construction, Printing plant construction, Assembly plant construction, etc.