Industrial Designers Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Industrial Designers
Overview: the U.S. Industrial Designers Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Industrial Designers:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Industrial Designers industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Industrial Design Services
Industrial - Product Design Services
Industrial - Model Design And Fabrication Services
Other Industrial Design Services
Graphic Design Services
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Industrial Designers company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Industrial Designers industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Industrial Designers measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||4%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||5%|
|Arts, Design, Entertainment, Sports, and Media Occupations||46%|
|Art and Design Workers||44%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||8%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||16%|
Industrial Designers Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- CleanSpark Receives Cryptocurrency Mining Power Engineering Design Contract - CleanSpark's Senior Electrical Engineer, Jeff Trueblood stated, "When the 'grid-in-a-box' design concept was suggested for remote military applications, we anticipated the commercial, industrial, and residential opportunities for a containerized solution ... (01/11/2018)
- TAGO Architects design urban renewal project for Sharjah - Intended to contribute to the economic and social development of the emirate — the long-established industrial centre of the country ... Led by architect Gokhan Aktan Altug, TAGO recently signed on to design the project, which will be implemented ... (01/11/2018)
- A former printworks makes an impression as a gallery and home for designer Xavier Lust - Seventeen years on, Lust is self-producing small editions but also creating industrial design on a larger scale, experimenting with economical ways of producing. ‘I like to operate within different scales of work and between different typologies,’ he says. (01/11/2018)
- Mind-Controlled Industrial Robot: BrainCo Debuts Cutting-Edge BMI Technologies at CES 2018 - Traditional prostheses have an integrated design that is vulnerable to damage ... firstname.lastname@example.org Related Images image1.jpg A Journalist Experiencing a Brain-Controlled Industrial Robot (01/11/2018)
- D-Link Expands Covr Mesh Networking Lineup, 802.11ax Routers in 2H 2018 - Most vendors had launched their mesh platforms with a kit comprised of multiple units of very similar hardware and industrial design. Instead, D-Link opted to put firmware with mesh networking features (based on Qualcomm's Wi-Fi SON) into devices with ... (01/10/2018)
- We're Going to Write More About Design - Our hope is that we get to inspect the intersections of design and technology through a variety of lenses. That means of course writing about industrial design, but also on the design of artificial intelligence, transportation systems, architecture ... (01/10/2018)
- Westfield Board of Education Approves New Course in Industrial Arts for High School - ... Roosevelt Intermediate School Industrial Arts teacher Laura Doyle shared details about a new industrial arts course involving engineering and design that will be offered to 10th, 11th and 12th graders at Westfield High School during Tuesday’s ... (01/10/2018)
- Pioneering Design In The City - Web & Interaction design, Industrial (Product) design, Digital Marketing and Design Teaching. He is also experienced in handling the design and development process of Innovation, product/ service design cycle from Pencil sketch to launch of patentable ... (01/10/2018)
- GE’s Plan To Help Other Companies Crowdsource Good Design - A few dozen entries followed, about half of which Dawson says tend to be by amateurs, and half of which are the polished work of bona fide industrial and UX designers. One stood out for its particular innovation in tabletop ice-cube making: It had a clear ... (01/10/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $275,252 on Industrial Designers. It has awarded 16 contracts to 15 companies, with an average value of $18,350 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Industrial design consulting services, Packaging industrial design services, Tool industrial design services, Furniture design services, Handtool industrial design services, Automobile industrial design services, Industrial design services, etc.