|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Internet Publishing & Web Search Portals
Overview: the U.S. Internet Publishing & Web Search Portals Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Internet Publishing & Web Search Portals:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Internet Publishing & Web Search Portals industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Website Hosting Services, With Or Without Integration Of Related Services
Publishing - Subscriptions And Sales - Print
Publishing - Subscriptions And Sales - Internet Publishing And Broadcasting
Subscriptions And Sales - Internet Newspaper Publishing
Subscriptions And Sales - Internet Periodical Publishing
Subscriptions And Sales - Internet Book Publishing
Subscriptions And Sales - Internet Directories Publishing
Subscriptions And Sales - Internet Databases And Other Collections Publishing
Subscriptions And Sales - Internet Gaming
Subscriptions And Sales - Internet Adult Content (Include Mature And Sexually Explicit Material.)
Subscriptions And Sales - Other Internet Content
Publishing - Subscriptions And Sales - Electronic And Other Media
Publishing - Sale Of Advertising Space - Internet
Licensing Of Rights To Use Intellectual Property
Resale Of Merchandise
Resale Of Merchandise - Computer Hardware And Software
All Other Receipts
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Internet Publishing & Web Search Portals company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Internet Publishing & Web Search Portals industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Internet Publishing & Web Search Portals measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||9%|
|Business Operations Specialists||7%|
|Computer and Mathematical Occupations||30%|
|Software Developers and Programmers||22%|
|Software Developers, Applications||15%|
|Education, Training, and Library Occupations||7%|
|Librarians, Curators, and Archivists||6%|
|Arts, Design, Entertainment, Sports, and Media Occupations||10%|
|Media and Communication Workers||7%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||10%|
|Sales Representatives, Services||8%|
|Miscellaneous Sales Representatives, Services||5%|
|Sales Representatives, Services, All Other||5%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||17%|
|Information and Record Clerks||9%|
Internet Publishing & Web Search Portals Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Web developers publish open letter taking Google to task for locking up with web with AMP - I have often thought that you can divide up the risks of the big internet platforms by plotting a 2X2 grid ... But Google uses high-handed tactics -- like downranking non-participating sites in search results -- to force publishers to participate, and ... (01/10/2018)
- Voith chooses intergator as Google Site Search alternative - The decision was made for intergator as search solution for voith.com, Voith's international internet portal. The GSS replacement by intergator was implemented within 3 weeks from project start to live launch. The web search of Google has been replaced 1:1 ... (01/10/2018)
- Iran Protests: Government Took Control of the Internet to Silence Dissent, Report Says - The network’s search engines send users to sites presenting state ... By separating domestic web traffic from international traffic, the government can more effectively block people from using the internet without disrupting the websites of banks ... (01/10/2018)
- What is Internet Marketing? Your Guide to Today's Online Marketing - Internet ... search, social media, and content marketing. It’s easy to see why videos dominate. Videos are simple to consume, they’re entertaining, and they appeal to the current attention-span deficit that we suffer from when we surf the web. (01/08/2018)
- The Growing Force That Will Soon Reshape The Entire Internet - The dark web is only a small part of the deep web, as the “deep web” is the portion of the Internet not indexed by web search engines. Basically, the dark web is comprised of small peer-to-peer networks and larger and growing dark web networks like Tor ... (01/06/2018)
- Internet Solutions For Less, a Top Rated Web Design Company, is Doing Something Nobody Else in the Industry Will do for Their Clients - Let's face it, the traditional web ... and search engine optimization. Visit their online portfolio to see the quality of work they produce. Do a search for Internet Solutions For Less online to see how highly rated they are among the top rating sites. (01/06/2018)
- Yahoo's former top media executive thinks he's got an alternative for brands wary of getting burned on the web - The digital ad startup TheMaven, led by former Yahoo media exec Jim Heckman, is acquiring the publishing ... in dicey corners of the web. Big brands are increasingly wary of having their ads end up in the shadier corners of the internet. (01/05/2018)
- New Internet search engine to have 'human touch' - With Google being the unchallenged master of all Internet ... more relevant Web sites. LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) According to Blekko, the Web has become overrun with spam-like Web sites, specially designed to pop up in Google's search results ... (12/29/2017)
- The Decline of Publishing and the Rise of "Other Information Services" - Establishments that are exclusively engaged in publishing or broadcasting on the Internet, along with web portals and search engines, are classified by the BLS as "Other Information Services." So we can take a look at this comparison and get a fairly ... (02/08/2012)
- Research and Markets: 2011 Report on the $34 Billion Us Internet Publishing, Broadcasting & Search Portals Market Featuring Global Giants, Google, IAC and Yahoo! - has announced the addition of the "Internet Publishing, Broadcasting & Search Portals" report to their offering. The Internet publishing, broadcasting and search portal industry includes about 2,300 companies with combined annual revenue of about $34 billion. (11/10/2011)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $160,284,035 on Internet Publishing & Web Search Portals. It has awarded 3,153 contracts to 532 companies, with an average value of $301,286 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Periodical publishers, exclusively on Internet, Dictionary publishers, Travel guide book publishers, Children's coloring book publishers, Publishers, Internet map, Web broadcasting, Broadcasting exclusively on Internet, audio, Web communities, Racetrack program publishers, Greeting card publishers, Technical magazine and periodical publishers, Internet sports sites, Internet comic book publishing, Financial magazine and periodical publishers, Radio guide publishers, Encyclopedia publishers, Web search portals, School textbook publishers, Religious magazine and periodical publishers, Medical journal and periodical publishers, Trade journal publishers, Internet search portals, Internet racing form, Book publishers, Art publishers, Scholastic magazine and periodical publishers, Directory publishers, Calendar publishers, Newspaper publishing, Internet book publishers, Guide, street map, publishers, Internet periodical publishers, Scientific journal and periodical publishers, Discount coupon book publishers, Poster publishers, Comic book publishers, Internet greeting card, Internet video broadcast sites, Internet search web sites, Postcard publishers, Atlas publishers, Entertainment sites, Internet, Professional book publishers, Religious book publishers, Internet newsletter publishing, Agricultural magazine and periodical publishers, Trade magazine and periodical publishers, Pamphlet publishers, Juvenile magazine and periodical publishers, University press publishers, Professional magazine and periodical publishers, Advertising periodical publishers, Scholarly journal publishers, Technical manual publishers, Newsletter publishers, video, Internet broadcasting, School book publishers, Diary and time scheduler publishers, Street map and guide publishers, Internet radio stations, Special interest portals (e.g., parents sharing information about child rearing, etc.), internet, Internet game sites, Racing form publishers, Nonfiction book publishers, Fiction book publishers, Magazine publishers, Game sites, Telephone directory publishers, Pattern and plan (e.g., clothing patterns) publishers, Video broadcasting, Radio schedule publishers, Internet entertainment sites, Business directory publishers, Electronic directory publishers, Yearbook (e.g., high school, college, university) publishers, Map publishers, Television guide publishers, Portals, web search, Internet news publishers, Search portals, Almanac publishers, Internet newspaper publishing, Catalog of collections publishers, Internet magazine publishing, etc.