|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Investigation & Security Services
Overview of the U.S. Investigation & Security Services IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Investigation & Security Services: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Investigation & Security Services industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Investigation Services, Including Personal Background Checks
Domestic And Family Investigation Services
Legal Investigation Services
Insurance Investigation Services
Corporate Investigation Services
Pre-Employment Services (E.G., Background Investigations.)
Other Investigation Services
Security Guard And Patrol Services
Security Guard And Patrol Services For Buildings And Grounds
Security Services For Special Events, Including Crowd Control
Armored Car Services
Armored Car Transportation Of Cash And Valuables (Except For Automated Teller Machines)
Armored Car Automated Teller Machine Services
Building Security System Services (With Monitoring)
Residential Security System Services (With Monitoring)
Non-Residential Security System Services (With Monitoring)
Building Security System And Lock Installation, Including Repair Services (Without Monitoring)
Building Security System And Lock Installation, Including Repair Services (Without Monitoring) - Residential
Building Security System And Lock Installation, Including Repair Services (Without Monitoring) - Non-Residential
Key Duplication Services
Security Consulting Services
Security Training Services
Cash Handling And Management Services For Business
Resale Of Merchandise
Resale Of Merchandise, Over-The-Counter Or Separate From Services Provided
All Other Receipts
All Other Operating Receipts
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Investigation & Security Services company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Investigation & Security Services industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Investigation & Security Services measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Protective Service Occupations||80%|
|Other Protective Service Workers||76%|
|Security Guards and Gaming Surveillance Officers||75%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||13%|
|Sales Representatives, Services||7%|
|Miscellaneous Sales Representatives, Services||7%|
|Sales Representatives, Services, All Other||7%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||7%|
|Information and Record Clerks||7%|
|Customer Service Representatives||6%|
|Customer Service Representatives||6%|
|Material Recording, Scheduling, Dispatching, and Distributing Workers||6%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||7%|
|Electrical and Electronic Equipment Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers||30%|
|Miscellaneous Electrical and Electronic Equipment Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers||30%|
|Security and Fire Alarm Systems Installers||29%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||11%|
|Miscellaneous Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Workers||10%|
|Locksmiths and Safe Repairers||10%|
Investigation & Security Services Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Bosch Security Systems||112|
|First Advantage Background Services||107|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Raising Our Game: Cyber Security in an Age of Digital Transformation - So we’ve strengthened our investigative capabilities ... In response, last February we indicted two Russian Federal Security Service officers and two well-known criminal hackers who were working for them. That’s the “blended threat”—you have ... (01/09/2018)
- West Atlanta Investigations & Security Inc - How do I get my business listed? Our directory features more than 18 million business listings from across the entire US. However, if we're missing your business, just click the button below to request that it be added. (01/04/2018)
- Russian security agency arrests supermarket bombing suspect - The Federal Security Service, or FSB, did not identify the suspect or provide ... The FSB said that it has handed over the suspect to the Investigative Committee, the nation's top investigative agency. The FSB normally deals with terror suspects itself ... (12/30/2017)
- Absolute Investigative, Fingerprinting and Security Services Expands to Carroll County - Towson, MD, October, 2017 - With much enthusiasm, Absolute Investigative, Fingerprinting and Security Services (AIS) is pleased to announce an expansion with a fourth office located in Westminster, Maryland. This new location is now open and will offer ... (10/17/2017)
- Clandestine investigation exposes 'disturbing, alarming' security lapses at federal facilities housing dangerous chemicals - Seto Bagdoyan, GAO'S director of Audit Services, Forensic Audits & Investigative Service ... A Commerce Department spokesman tells ABC News, “The security breaches on the NIST campus have been of paramount concern to Secretary (Wilbur) Ross. (10/11/2017)
- Security Company at U.S. Bank Stadium Fired After Investigation - Meanwhile, the Minnesota Board of Private Detectives and Professional Agency Services voted unanimously Tuesday afternoon not to renew Monterrey's license. An investigation found Monterrey employees were providing security without proper training and ... (09/26/2017)
- After 2 investigations, firm providing security for U.S. Bank Stadium fired - The security group also has been under investigation by the State of Minnesota Board of Private Detective and Protective Agent Services since May. “Monterrey Security was selected after being licensed by the Minnesota Board of Private Detective and ... (09/26/2017)
- MI5 'halted police child abuse investigation': Victims at children's home accuse security service of colluding to protect abusers - MI5 blocked police investigations into sexual abuse at a children’s home to protect their intelligence gathering operation, campaigners will tell the High Court today. Victims of abuse at the Kincora children’s home in Northern Ireland have accused ... (02/16/2015)
- Concerns over quality continue to plague OPM’s background investigations - The Defense Security Service, the small agency tasked with conducting investigations of DoD personnel and contractors, was struggling to keep up with the skyrocketing demand. Photos: See how US service members spread holiday cheer through the years The ... (05/14/2014)
- Investigation revisits Secret Service prostitution scandal - Misconduct with prostitutes by U.S. Secret Service agents handling travel security for the president in April was not a one-off episode, according to a media report citing an investigation by the Department of Homeland Security. Sen. Joseph Lieberman ... (10/19/2012)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $5,131,869,897 on Investigation & Security Services. It has awarded 24,882 contracts to 2,181 companies, with an average value of $2,352,989 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|