Junior Colleges Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Junior Colleges
Overview: the U.S. Junior Colleges Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Junior Colleges:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Junior Colleges company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Junior Colleges industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Junior Colleges measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||0%|
|Other Management Occupations||7%|
|Education Administrators, Postsecondary||6%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||5%|
|Education, Training, and Library Occupations||60%|
|Math and Computer Teachers, Postsecondary||5%|
|Health Teachers, Postsecondary||6%|
|Arts, Communications, and Humanities Teachers, Postsecondary||9%|
|Miscellaneous Postsecondary Teachers||15%|
|Vocational Education Teachers, Postsecondary||8%|
|Postsecondary Teachers, All Other||5%|
|Other Teachers and Instructors||6%|
|Other Education, Training, and Library Occupations||5%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||16%|
|Information and Record Clerks||6%|
|Other Office and Administrative Support Workers||7%|
|Office Clerks, General||5%|
|Office Clerks, General||5%|
Junior Colleges Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Vols offer junior All-American DB Richardson - Richardson says he will participate in the Under Armour All-American Game. In 2017, he was Associated Press Class 5A All-State honorable mention. As a junior, Richardson recorded three interceptions and caugh four touchdown passes. (01/17/2018)
- Meet Mount St. Mary's 5'5" Guard Junior Robinson - Jamion Christian found Junior Robinson by accident. It was 2013 and Christian, then in his second year as head coach at Mount St. Mary, was sitting in the bleachers at an AAU event in Suwanee, Ga., ostensibly at one court, but really looking at another ... (01/17/2018)
- UTEP football lands three junior college recruits - UTEP coach Dana Dimel landed his first recruits at big positions of need. Junior college quarterback Kai Locksley, a former Texas Longhorn who won the NJCAA offensive player of the year award at Iowa Wesleyan this past season, star Ceritos Junior College ... (01/17/2018)
- College basketball: FGCU men add junior guard Haanif Cheatham from Marquette - As the former Marquette junior guard tweeted on Dec. 15 he would be doing, Haanif Cheatham has indeed enrolled at Florida Gulf Coast University to play for coach Joe Dooley's defending Atlantic Sun champion program. The 6-foot-5, 195-pound Cheatham played ... (01/16/2018)
- Northeastern Junior College hosts basketball clinic - Northeastern Junior College basketball players Katie Diakhaby (left) and Taylor Knudson (right) instruct campers at the NJC Basketball Clinic on Monday. The one-day clinic was open to boys and girls in preK through eighth grade. The participants will also ... (01/16/2018)
- Kodangal constituency sanctioned bus depot, fire station, and junior colleges - Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao on Tuesday announced sanction of Bus depot, fire station, junior colleges and police circle office for the Kodangal Assembly constituency. The announcement came following the requests made by the former MLA from ... (01/16/2018)
- Baylor Adds Junior College Offensive Lineman Johncarlo Valentin - Baylor has landed the No. 2 ranked junior college offensive guard, and a former 4-star prospect and Oklahoma commitment coming out of high school, Johncarlo Valentin. The Bears secured him after a late push from Texas. Colt Barber of SicEm365 had this ... (01/14/2018)
- Tyler Junior College freshman Amanda Elaine Hiles named 85th Texas Rose Queen - Hiles was formally announced as Rose Queen during a press conference and gala on Thursday night at Willow Brook Country Club. Hiles learned of her role in the 85th Texas Rose Festival during Apache Belles rehearsal in early November and it has been a ... (01/12/2018)
- Risk pays off for junior college wide receiver Mike Williams as he commits to Huskers - LINCOLN — Mike Williams took a risk in May 2017, leaving a sure thing at one school with a plan to play at a bigger college. He caught three passes as a freshman at Georgia Southern, but transferred to junior college powerhouse East Mississippi Community ... (01/10/2018)
- Santa Rosa Junior College starts $28M auditorium renovation - Santa Rosa Junior College is breaking ground on $28 million renovation of the Luther Burbank Auditorium on the main campus. The upgrades to the nearly 80-year-old building are the first major capital-improvement project funded by the $410 million Measure H ... (01/09/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $25,863,253 on Junior Colleges. It has awarded 239 contracts to 59 companies, with an average value of $438,360 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|