|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Labor Unions & Labor Organizations
Overview: the U.S. Labor Unions & Labor Organizations Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Labor Unions & Labor Organizations:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Labor Unions & Labor Organizations company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Labor Unions & Labor Organizations industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Labor Unions & Labor Organizations measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||4%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||64%|
|Business Operations Specialists||62%|
|Human Resources Workers||54%|
|Labor Relations Specialists||54%|
|Miscellaneous Business Operations Specialists||6%|
|Business Operations Specialists, All Other||6%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||22%|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants||10%|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants||10%|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive||8%|
Labor Unions & Labor Organizations Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Brighthouse Life Insurance|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Unions file unfair labor practices complaints against city - MANCHESTER — Attorneys for unions representing city firefighters and highway department personnel have filed unfair labor practices complaints against ... are the very same changes Anthem instituted in similar plans it offers in both the public and ... (01/10/2018)
- Fast-food workers claim victory in a New York labor effort - With labor unions seeing their influence wane, more than 200 organizations have sprouted nationwide to help low-wage workers. Nearly all these groups say they are hampered by a lack of dependable funding because, unlike unions, they cannot rely on a steady ... (01/10/2018)
- Unions increasingly shifting to “shadow unions” to avoid scrutiny - While union membership has been declining nationally ... enacted to ensure certain minimum rights of workers vis a vis the organizations that represent them. Statutes like the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA) and the Labor Management Reporting and ... (01/09/2018)
- The Labor Department Needs To Scrutinize Unions' 'Worker Center' Loophole - given the organization’s union-like operations. In the meantime, Secretary Acosta and his team at the Labor Department can better serve employees by making sure that union organizers and the worker centers they prop up are playing by the rules. (01/08/2018)
- Big unions sent over $1B in dues to Dem groups since 2010 without member approval, research finds - EXCLUSIVE – Big labor groups have sent over $1 billion to left ... Among the hundreds of other organizations that received money from big unions are aligned party groups like the Working Families Party, Progressive Majority, Media Matters for America ... (01/05/2018)
- Unions Ready to Defend Workers, Families in FL Legislature - Florida's Republican lawmakers have resurrected, and say they plan to fast-track, legislation from last year to weaken most labor ... decertify some unions if more than 50 percent of the workers they represent don't pay dues to the organization. (01/04/2018)
- House bill could potentially dissolve St. Johns’ teachers union - A state bill that could potentially break up labor unions like the St. Johns Education Association will ... membership is not required as a condition to employment, but many labor organizations exist, from those serving nurses to groups of bus drivers ... (01/03/2018)
- Labor unions may take hit from Janus v. AFSCME ruling - Follow the money and you will easily see that top corporate executives and billionaire contributors to Right-to-Work organizations ... part to ensure “labor peace.” But workers don’t have to pay for unions’ political work — like doorknocking ... (12/31/2017)
- The blurry line between worker centers and unions - By operating just outside of federal labor law, worker centers like the SEIU-affiliated Fast Food Workers ... local levels demonstrate a clear bias toward propping up these union-hybrid organizations. Take New York City, for example. Just this past spring ... (12/29/2017)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $354,475 on Labor Unions & Labor Organizations. It has awarded 19 contracts to 8 companies, with an average value of $44,309 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Labor unions (except apprenticeship programs), Federations of labor, Industrial labor unions, Federation of workers, labor organizations, Employees' associations for improvement of wages and working conditions, Trade unions (except apprenticeship programs), Labor federations, Unions (except apprenticeship programs), labor, Trade unions, local, etc.