Landscape Design Services Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Landscape Design Services
Overview: the U.S. Landscape Design Services Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Landscape Design Services:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Landscape Design Services industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Architectural Services For Non-Residential Building Projects
Landscaping Services, Commercial And/Or Residential
Architectural Services For Residential Building Projects
Landscape Architectural Services For Residential Building Projects
Landscape Architectural Services - Single-Family Residential Building Projects
Landscape Architectural Services - Multiple-Family Residential Building Projects
Landscape Architectural Services - Residential Subdivision Projects
Landscape Architectural Services For Non-Residential Building Projects
Landscape Architectural Services - Corporate Building Projects
Landscape Architectural Services - Educational Building Projects
Landscape Architectural Services - Other Non-Residential Building Projects
Landscape Architectural Services For Recreational And Open Space Projects
Landscape Architectural Services - Non-Building Recreational Facilities, Parks, And Natural Areas
Landscape Architectural Services - Transportation Corridors
Landscape Architectural Services - Other Recreational And Open Space Projects
Landscape Architectural Services - Specific Elements
Urban Planning Services
Development Of Comprehensive Urban Plans
Urban Planning Consulting Services (Include Expert Witness Services.)
Project Site Master Planning Services
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Landscape Design Services company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Landscape Design Services industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Landscape Design Services measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||6%|
|Computer and Mathematical Occupations||5%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||50%|
|Architects, Surveyors, and Cartographers||9%|
|Architects, Except Naval||6%|
|Architects, Except Landscape and Naval||6%|
|Drafters, Engineering Technicians, and Mapping Technicians||16%|
|Architectural and Civil Drafters||5%|
|Engineering Technicians, Except Drafters||6%|
|Life, Physical, and Social Science Occupations||6%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||11%|
Landscape Design Services Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Evan Terry Associates|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Cord cutters: TV and streaming services race to make it easier to find your next favorite show - a U.K.-based digital design company that has worked with CNN, Vevo and Verizon. Birgfeld participated in one of several CES panels about streaming video. There are more than 200 streaming services now, and obviously some will fall to the wayside. (01/11/2018)
- OVME Launches Modern Cosmetic Services Boutique in Atlanta - "We believe that the needs of the medical aesthetic consumer have evolved beyond the stale industry landscape," says founder and CEO, Mark McKenna. "OVME will not only offer products and services that ... doing deep dives into design, technology and ... (01/10/2018)
- A look at retailers' new jobs amid a changing landscape - VISUAL MERCHANDISERS: They create the kinds of fashion or home design vignettes that shoppers may be more ... That's similar to the styling services many online companies like Stitch Fix offer. But instead of receiving clothes to try on at home and ... (01/10/2018)
- Design for Good - Over time, NDS grew into DCDC. When Pitera took the reins in 2000, he expanded the range of services to include strategic planning, landscape design, urban design and experimental installations, turning DCDC into the full-service center it is today. (01/10/2018)
- SiteOne Landscape Supply Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Pete Rose, Inc. - We have now completed nine acquisitions in 2017, and we continue to expand the number of markets where we provide a full range of landscaping products and services,” said Doug ... who specialize in the design, installation and maintenance of lawns ... (01/06/2018)
- Woolpert Providing Integrated Design Services for 6-Story CareSource Site - These integrated services include civil, structural, mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) engineering, and landscape design. CareSource, a nonprofit managed care company headquartered in Dayton, provides health care coverage to more than 1.8 million ... (01/04/2018)
- Woolpert Providing Integrated Design Services for CareSource Site - These integrated services include civil, structural, mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) engineering, and landscape design. CareSource, a nonprofit managed care company headquartered in Dayton, provides health care coverage to more than 1.8 million ... (01/04/2018)
- 2018 forecast: Big changes in the political and desert landscape - The walls’ exteriors will echo architect Frank Lloyd Wright’s connection with the South Mountain foothills, where he worked on the design for a resort that ... the spare geometric forms of desert landscape and crisp geometry of vegetation,” according ... (01/03/2018)
- Landscape Design and Maintenance Services located on OutdoorHub.com.au - OutdoorHub’s Landscape Design and Maintenance Services category includes a variety of landscaping services and products ranging from Agricultural Fertilisers and Building Materials to Landscape Architect Services and Landscape Building Services. (02/07/2010)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $14,367,021 on Landscape Design Services. It has awarded 272 contracts to 66 companies, with an average value of $217,682 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Town planning services, Architectural services, landscape, Landscape planning services, City planning services, Landscape consulting services, Urban planning services, Architects' private practices, Ski area design services, Land use design services, Landscape design services, Landscape architects' offices, Landscape architectural services, Garden planning services, Landscape architects' private practices, Town planners' offices, Urban planners' offices, Golf course design services, Industrial land use planning services, Ski area planning services, Architects' offices, Land use planning services, etc.