Light Bulb Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Light Bulb Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Light Bulb Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Light Bulb Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Light Bulb Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Light Bulb Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Light Bulb Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Light Bulb Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Light Bulb Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||7%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||5%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||15%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Industrial Machinery Installation, Repair, and Maintenance Workers||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||26%|
|Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers||8%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||16%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||8%|
|Other Production Occupations||6%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||5%|
Light Bulb Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Retro LED lightbulbs are hip — and helping save the earth - The old-fashioned bulbs, which look like the inefficient incandescent technology ... as the design was improved, prices fell and larger manufacturers from Philips to GE Lighting started making them, too. "When LED first came out, it looked like alien ... (01/10/2018)
- Xfinity's Gigabit router will soon double as a smart home hub - Comcast's Xfinity division has made some forays into the smart home world already -- Xfinity Home started out as a home security product, but it now handles a number of common devices like locks, thermostats, light bulbs and so on. However, the millions of ... (01/10/2018)
- Government Support for Energy Efficient Products Driving Global LED Bulbs Market - The report, titled “Global LED Bulbs Market Professional Survey Report 2017,” aspires to serve as a decision-making tool for its audiences such as manufacturers of LED bulbs, application industry players, government agencies, and venture capitalists. (01/10/2018)
- Altech Chemicals Ltd (ASX:ATC) Malaysian Manufacturing Licence Application Lodged - The advanced manufacturing technology that will be employed in ... LED lighting is replacing the traditional incandescent bulbs. (01/09/2018)
- Discover the light bulbs market report - The trends and marketing strategies such as mergers and acquisitions, adopted by each of the manufacturers provide an understanding of the level of competitiveness prevailing in the industry. The global Light Bulbs market report also provides an analysis ... (01/05/2018)
- House votes, again, to delay enforcement of traditional light bulb ban - It’s the best they can do with the state of the legislative branch being what it is at the moment, but manufacturers have already started battening down the hatches in preparation of the ban and moving away from production of normal light bulbs. (01/03/2018)
- EXCLUSIVE: The secret deals which shaped our lives: How big businesses got together to make sure your light bulb wouldn't last, you'd always want a newer car, and you'd always ... - In fact, this led the five biggest light bulb manufacturers on earth - including America's General Electric - to gather in Geneva in 1932 and create a secret cartel known as Phoebus, which stopped anyone from creating a light bulb that lasts more than six ... (01/02/2018)
- New Rule Has Old-School Light Bulbs Vanishing From California Store Shelves - “So, you avoid the hassle of having to change bulbs every year.” Still, not all manufacturers like the rule, saying it’ll limit options for customers. But a California judge recently put to rest a lawsuit trying to turn the lights out on the ... (01/02/2018)
- Old lightbulbs to vanish from California shelves – judge removes last obstacle - “California consumers will be forced to choose from a much smaller selection of higher priced light bulbs,” lawyers for the manufacturers said in papers filed in U.S. District Court in Sacramento. More importantly, the manufacturers said the 2007 law ... (12/28/2017)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $4,122,864 on Light Bulb Manufacturing. It has awarded 445 contracts to 142 companies, with an average value of $29,034 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Light bulbs, sealed beam automotive, manufacturing, Bulbs, electric light, complete, Decorative lamp bulbs manufacturing, Electric light bulbs, Mercury halide lamp bulbs manufacturing, Lead-in wires, electric lamp, made from purchased wire, Automotive light bulbs manufacturing, Glow lamp bulbs manufacturing, Electric lamps (i.e., light bulbs) manufacturing, Compact fluorescent light bulbs manufacturing, Health lamp bulbs, infrared and ultraviolet radiation, Fluroescent lamp electrodes, cold cathode, Flashlight bulb manufacturing, Cold cathode fluorescent lamp tubes manufacturing, Lamp bulbs and tubes, electric (i.e., fluorescent, incandescent filament, vapor), Sealed beam automotive light bulbs manufacturing, Infrared lamp bulbs manufacturing, High intensity lamp bulbs manufacturing, Photoflash and photoflood lamp bulbs and tubes manufacturing, Electrotherapeutic lamp bulbs for ultraviolet and infrared radiation manufacturing, Incandescent filament lamp bulbs, Strobotrons manufacturing, health, Light bulbs manufacturing, Flash bulbs, photographic, Filaments for electric lamp bulbs manufacturing, Electric lamp bulb parts (except glass blanks) manufacturing, Ultraviolet lamp bulbs manufacturing, Electrodes, cold cathode fluorescent lamp, Halogen light bulbs manufacturing, Lamp bulb parts (except glass blanks), electric, Vapor lamps, Sodium vapor lamp bulbs manufacturing, X-mas tree light bulbs manufacturing, Fluorescent lamp tubes, Coating purchased light bulbs, etc.