Light Truck, Pick-up Truck, Van & SUV Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Light Truck, Pick-up Truck, Van & SUV Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Light Truck, Pick-up Truck, Van & SUV Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Light Truck, Pick-up Truck, Van & SUV Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Light Truck, Pick-up Truck, Van & SUV Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Light Truck, Pick-up Truck, Van & SUV Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Light Truck, Pick-up Truck, Van & SUV Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Light Truck, Pick-up Truck, Van & SUV Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||0%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||56%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||55%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||8%|
|Other Production Occupations||9%|
Light Truck, Pick-up Truck, Van & SUV Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Bae Systems Global Tactical Systems||14|
|Bae Systems Survivability Systems||7|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Unique and Highly Capable Honda Ridgeline Named to Car and Driver Magazine List of the 2018 10Best Trucks and SUVs - CR-V and Pilot sport/utility vehicles, the Ridgeline pickup and the Odyssey minivan. Honda has been producing automobiles in America for 35 years and currently operates 19 major manufacturing facilities in North America. In 2017, more than 93% of all Honda ... (01/12/2018)
- BTS hopes to re-start national truck survey in February - WASHINGTON, D.C. A long-discarded tool for measuring in detail U.S. light, medium ... operational characteristics of a wide range of trucks divided into specific categories: pickups; vans; sport utility vehicles (SUVs); single-unit commercial trucks ... (01/12/2018)
- Toyota sees gain in sales of Texas-made pickup trucks in 2017 - That slide might have been worse if not for a modest gain in sales of its Tundra and Tacoma pickup trucks, which are produced at the Toyota Motor Manufacturing Texas ... trucks and sport utility vehicles off of dealer lots last year. (01/04/2018)
- Honda Manufacturing of Alabama releases final 2017 stats; makes record number of Pilots - The total production for the year included 357,316 minivans, sport utility vehicles ... Honda manufacturing facility in North America,” the release said. Last January, the innovative Honda Ridgeline pickup was selected as the North American Truck ... (01/03/2018)
- IIHS slams vehicle manufacturers on poor headlight performance - The IIHS testing procedure measures the distance of light ... with 40 vehicles being rated "Poor." During a test of 37 midsize sport utility vehicles in the summer of 2017, 24 received ratings of "Poor" or "Marginal." While manufacturers have started ... (01/02/2018)
- United States Light Truck And Utility Vehicle Market Analysis And Forecast to 2020 - Research and Markets - DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "U.S. Light Truck And Utility Vehicle Market - Analysis And Forecast to 2020" report to their offering. The report provides an in-depth analysis of the U.S. light truck and ... (10/25/2016)
- Sobering Times Reflected in Light-Truck Sales - Light truck sales, for example, were down again in January, continuing a trend that started a year earlier. Light trucks include pickup trucks, vans, and sport-utility vehicles ... truck marketing efforts of Asian manufacturers such as Toyota, which ... (02/24/2008)
- LICENSE TO POLLUTE: A special report. ; Light Trucks Increase Profits But Foul Air More Than Cars - The manufacturers are worried about a meeting ... in part because of the rise in popularity of sport utility vehicles and other gas-guzzling light trucks. These trucks will be the fastest-growing source of global warming gases in the United States ... (11/30/1997)
- Truck Fuel Ratings On Hold - The action means the CAFE for light trucks, vans and sport-utility vehicles sold in the U.S. will remain at 20.7 miles per gallon. The average for cars is 27.5 m.p.g. "We're pleased," said Jay Hyde, spokesman for the American Automobile Manufacturers ... (11/26/1995)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $246,020,339 on Light Truck, Pick-up Truck, Van & SUV Manufacturing. It has awarded 3,399 contracts to 192 companies, with an average value of $1,281,356 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Trucks, light duty, assembling on chassis of own manufacture, Assembly plants, sport utility vehicles on chassis of own manufacture, mini-vans on chassis of own manufacture, Sport utility vehicles assembling on chassis of own manufacture, Chassis, light truck and utility, manufacturing, Pick-up trucks, Motor homes, self-contained, mounted on light duty truck chassis of own manufacture, light trucks on chassis of own manufacture, Vans, commercial and passenger light duty, Light utility trucks assembling on chassis of own manufacture, Minivans assembling on chassis of own manufacture, Cab and chassis, light trucks and vans, etc.
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.