|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Management of Companies & Enterprises
Overview: the U.S. Management of Companies & Enterprises Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Management of Companies & Enterprises:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Management of Companies & Enterprises industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Sales Or Shipments Of Merchandise
Interest And Dividends, Including From Subsidiaries
Gains (Losses) From Securities And Other Assets Sold Or Traded (Report Losses By Including A Dash Prior To The Value.)
Contributions, Gifts, And Grants
Administrative And Management Services
Rental And Leasing
Research And Development Services In The Physical, Engineering, And Life Sciences
All Other Revenue
Licensing Of Rights To Use Intellectual Property
Rental Of Non-Residential Space In Buildings Or Other Facilities
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Management of Companies & Enterprises company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Management of Companies & Enterprises industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Management of Companies & Enterprises measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||4%|
|Operations Specialties Managers||8%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||22%|
|Business Operations Specialists||13%|
|Computer and Mathematical Occupations||11%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||26%|
|Information and Record Clerks||7%|
Management of Companies & Enterprises Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Capital One Financial||247|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Columbus acquires rental and lease management software company - Today, Columbus A/S entered into an agreement acquiring the Dutch company HiGH Software B.V., a market leader within rental and lease management solutions for ... The agreed acquisition price is DKK 56m Enterprise Value +/- regulation of normalized working ... (01/09/2018)
- Only 12% of employees are fully aware of their company's IT security policies - 2017 has seen major global cybersecurity threats and incidents, including Wannacry and NotPetya, leading to breaches of highly sensitive data of hundreds of millions records globally. Therein lies the question – Will we see even more... (01/07/2018)
- More Than 19,000 New Jobs Created By Enterprise Ireland Companies In 2017 - Workers in the New Forest face the prospect of losing their homes if the Forestry Commission goes ahead with 'draconian' rent rises of 80 per cent over the next two years. About 25 workers, who earn about £21,000-a-year, will be hit if the commission ... (01/04/2018)
- 53% Of Companies Are Adopting Big Data Analytics - Big data analytics adoption reached 53% in 2017 for all companies interviewed, up from 17% in 2015. Data warehouse optimization remains the top use case for big data. Among big data distributions, Cloudera is the most popular, followed by Hortonworks ... (01/04/2018)
- 3i Infotech’s cloud based ORION ERP to help an asset management company integrate its business - A top asset management company in India has selected 3i Infotech’s cloud based ORION 11j Contracting Suite to integrate its businessETCIO | January 03, 2018, 13:25 IST ORION 11j Contracting Suite from 3i Infotech was recently chosen by a leading asset ... (01/04/2018)
- Job creation in Longford up 5% in 2017 by Enterprise Ireland backed companies - Enterprise Ireland, the Government agency responsible for developing Irish business globally, has reported strong job creation by its client companies in Longford, with a 5% increase in the number of jobs created. 2,970 people are now employed by companies ... (01/03/2018)
- Frost & Sullivan Recognizes ComplianceQuest as Entrepreneurial Company of the Year for its Enterprise Quality Management Solutions - View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/frost--sullivan-recognizes-compliancequest-as-entrepreneurial-company-of-the-year-for-its-enterprise-quality-management-solutions-300569714.html SANTA CLARA, Calif., Dec. 12, 2017 /CNW/ -- Based ... (12/12/2017)
- Digital Enterprise Management from BMC Helps Companies Quickly Advance Digital Transformation - Survey Results Show Only Five Percent of Fortune 1000 Companies Have Fully Implemented Digital Services and Mobile Technologies SINGAPORE, Aug 27, 2015 - (ACN Newswire) - BMC today announced Digital Enterprise Management, a blueprint for companies seeking ... (08/27/2015)
- Oracle Buys Enterprise Search And Data Management Company Endeca - Oracle has acquired Endeca, a company that powers enterprise search for large companies. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. Endeca has raised a total of $65 million from Bessemer, Venrock, Intel, SAP, Ampersand Capital Partners, DN Capital and ... (10/18/2011)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $2,240,183 on Management of Companies & Enterprises. It has awarded 8 contracts to 6 companies, with an average value of $373,364 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Growth Opportunities / Competitive ThreatsCompanies in other industries may also sell similar products. Since there is an overlap in the customer base, there may be an opportunity for companies in Management of Companies & Enterprises to sell additional products/services offered by these adjacent industries. Alternatively, these industries may identify further products in this industry to target. Products most at risk are those with the highest profit margins and lowest barriers to entry.
The following industries are competing channels for sales of similar products/services.
Licensing Of Rights To Use Intellectual Property
|Competing Industry||Sales Relative to Management of Companies & Enterprises||Opportunity/Threat|
|Research & Development in the Physical, Engineering & Life Sciences|
|Research & Development in Biotechnology|
|Condominium & Homeowner's Associations & Athletic Associations|
|Engineering Services||Competing industry|
|Corporate, Subsidiary & Regional Managing Offices||Competing industry|
Sales from other industries of Licensing Of Rights To Use Intellectual Property are less than those from Management of Companies & Enterprises. This may mean that other channels are a competitive risk of increasing their Licensing Of Rights To Use Intellectual Property sales, taking market share from this industry.
Licensing Of Rights To Use Intellectual Property Product Sales Report