|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Medical Equipment & Supplies Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Medical Equipment & Supplies Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Medical Equipment & Supplies Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Medical Equipment & Supplies Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Medical Equipment & Supplies Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Medical Equipment & Supplies Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Medical Equipment & Supplies Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Medical Equipment & Supplies Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||5%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||8%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||13%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||15%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||12%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||9%|
|Other Production Occupations||23%|
|Medical, Dental, and Ophthalmic Laboratory Technicians||15%|
|Dental Laboratory Technicians||9%|
Medical Equipment & Supplies Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Equipment lending could take off under new tax structure - Midland States also plans to expand its equipment-finance products after hiring a lending ... is going to be working directly with equipment manufacturers,” Holschbach said. “What we have with medical equipment is fine, but I wouldn’t want to have ... (01/10/2018)
- Research delivers insight into the global digestion equipment market report for 2018 - ... Equipment Market Competition by Manufacturers Chapter Three: to provide Global Digestion Equipment Capacity, Production, Revenue (Value) by Region (2013-2018) Chapter Four: to provide Global Digestion Equipment Supply (Production), Consumption, Export ... (01/10/2018)
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Market Sees Promising Growth in Next 5 Years - The study provides company profiling, product picture and specifications, sales, market share and contact information of key manufacturers ... Supply Chain Analysis; Chapter 11, to analyze the Consumers Analysis of Global Durable Medical Equipment (DME ... (01/10/2018)
- Europe Medical Gases and Equipment Market - Regional Outlook, Growing Demand, Analysis, Size, Share and Forecast to 2021 - Europe market for Medical Gases and Equipment ... Products (Freezers)). By Application, the market is further sub-segmented into Therapeutic (Respiratory Diseases, Cardiovascular Diseases, Anesthesia, Cryosurgery), Diagnostic, Pharmaceutical Manufacturing ... (01/09/2018)
- Amazon Makes Alexa Available for Equipment Manufacturers - The kit is already being used by several of the Original Equipment Manufacturers ... poised to ride a medical breakthrough that is targeting cures for leukemia, AIDS, muscular dystrophy, hemophilia and other conditions. New products in this field are ... (01/08/2018)
- Medical Equipment Market - Positive Long-Term Growth Outlook 2022 Asserted By MRFR - Durable medical equipment manufacturers are investing huge amount of money to develop more innovative products. Key Players for Middle-East and Africa Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Market: Invacare Corporation (US), Medical Depot, Inc. (US), The Braun ... (01/08/2018)
- Global Refurbished Medical Equipment Market Share: Soma Technology Inc, Integrity Medical Systems Inc, Siemens AG - The report also covers a discussion of the key manufacturers performing in Refurbished Medical Equipment market. The Refurbished Medical Equipment market report is a overall study of supply/demand, market size, forecasts, trends and factors striking the ... (01/04/2018)
- Kitron: Agreement related to manufacturing of medical equipment - (GlobeNewswire) - (2017-12-27) Kitron AS, a subsidiary of Kitron ASA, has signed a contract with a leading supplier of medical equipment. The agreement specifies that Kitron for specific products will ... s leading electronic manufacturing services ... (12/28/2017)
- City may soon become medical equipment-manufacturing hub - The institute is in the process of tying up with 40 medical equipment manufacturers across the globe ... Besides this, the city's Medicity will be the central logistics hub of the supply chain for all 11 IUIH Medicities in India. "We are in talks with ... (12/20/2017)
- Research and Markets: Medical Equipment and Supplies Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its Foreign Trade - 2009 Edition Report - LLC's new report "Medical Equipment and Supplies Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its Foreign Trade [2009 Edition]" to their offering. The Medical Equipment and Supplies Manufacturing Industry report is the most comprehensive market research report ... (07/15/2009)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $2,836,738,127 on Medical Equipment & Supplies Manufacturing. It has awarded 114,818 contracts to 5,236 companies, with an average value of $541,776 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|