Movie & Video Distribution Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Movie & Video Distribution
Overview: the U.S. Movie & Video Distribution Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Movie & Video Distribution:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Movie & Video Distribution industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Licensing Of Domestic Rights To Distribute Audiovisual Works
Licensing Of Domestic Rights To Distribute - Motion Picture Films
Licensing Of Domestic Rights To Distribute - Television Programming
Licensing Of Domestic Rights To Distribute - Other Audiovisual Works
Licensing Of Domestic Rights To Exhibit, Broadcast, Or Rent Feature Films (Include ""Revenue-Sharing"" Agreements.)
Licensing Of Domestic Rights To - Exhibit Feature Films
Licensing Of Domestic Rights To - Broadcast Feature Films On Television
Licensing Of Domestic Rights To Broadcast Or Rent Television And Cable Programming (Include ""Revenue-Sharing"" Agreements.)
Licensing Of Domestic Rights To - Broadcast Television Or Cable Programming (Television Program Rights)
Licensing Of International Rights To Distribute Audiovisual Works
Licensing Of International Rights To Distribute - Motion Picture Films
Licensing Of International Rights To Distribute - Television Programming
Licensing Of International Rights To Exhibit, Broadcast, Or Rent Audiovisual Works (Include ""Revenue-Sharing"" Agreements.)
Sale Of Copies Of Audiovisual Works To The Wholesale, Retail, And Rental Markets
All Other Receipts
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Movie & Video Distribution company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Movie & Video Distribution industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Movie & Video Distribution measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Arts, Design, Entertainment, Sports, and Media Occupations||41%|
|Entertainers and Performers, Sports and Related Workers||19%|
|Actors, Producers, and Directors||18%|
|Producers and Directors||9%|
|Media and Communication Equipment Workers||12%|
|Television, Video, and Motion Picture Camera Operators and Editors||7%|
|Food Preparation and Serving Related Occupations||12%|
|Food and Beverage Serving Workers||11%|
|Fast Food and Counter Workers||10%|
|Counter Attendants, Cafeteria, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop||9%|
|Personal Care and Service Occupations||15%|
|Entertainment Attendants and Related Workers||13%|
|Ushers, Lobby Attendants, and Ticket Takers||11%|
|Ushers, Lobby Attendants, and Ticket Takers||11%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||7%|
|Retail Sales Workers||5%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||8%|
Movie & Video Distribution Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- movingimage Releases Essential Checklist for Enterprise Video Security - “The EVP must be capable of keeping internal and external videos available in a secure way, complying with regulations such as the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and guaranteeing reliable distribution globally." movingimage, which ... (01/10/2018)
- The Movie Studio, Inc. Exhibits at the 2018 NATPE... - "The Movie Studio is implementing its assets and implementing its 2018 marketing and distribution strategy and there's no ... involved with substantial feature film projects, music videos, television shows and other intellectual properties. (01/10/2018)
- Zombie movie musical Anna and the Apocalypse acquired by Orion Pictures - Based on the short film Zombie Musical (itself a 2010 BAFTA winner), the John McPhail-directed film is written by Alan McDonald and Ryan McHenry, who is the late star of the "Ryan Gosling Won't Eat His Cereal" Viral Videos. The original musical score is by ... (01/10/2018)
- 5 content distribution strategies for 2018 - You need a content distribution strategy. For years ... visitors to share your e-book link with their colleagues and friends. If you’re not creating videos, you need to get on the bandwagon — fast. Did you know that turning your blog post into a ... (01/09/2018)
- The State of Video Marketing: Distribution, Topic, and Budget Trends - Marketers say social media is the best distribution channel for digital videos, according to recent research from Magisto. The report was based on data from a survey conducted in July and August 2017 among 500 marketing decision-makers in the United States ... (01/09/2018)
- Nine Inch Nails Video Director Eric Zimmerman Releasing Feature Film - Zimmerman's film debut will be released via ITN Distribution. Watch the trailer here. Zimmerman had this to say "This movie was inspired by real-life phone messages I received from an anonymous woman. The messages are very disturbing, and I imagined what ... (01/09/2018)
- Bunker Hill man charged with possession, distribution of child porn - man was charged Monday with child-pornography possession and distribution in Berkeley County (W.Va ... including Blu-ray discs that contained 14 child-pornography videos that totaled more than 66 minutes, court records said. Some of the videos depicted ... (01/09/2018)
- Five Reasons Why Video Will Be Crucial For PR In 2018 - brands now have the opportunity to pitch their videos as part of their content distribution mix. 5. It’s how people are consuming news. The final reason is the most important: Online video content is how people are consuming and will continue to consume ... (01/08/2018)
- Mark Tenser, President and CEO of B-Movie Studio Crown International Pictures, Dies - Founded in 1959, Crown had distributed several B-films with such colorful titles like “The Creeping Terror” and “They Saved Hitler’s Brain,” but once Tenser, who joined Crown as a distribution ... video, younger audiences flocked to B-Movie ... (01/04/2018)
- RLTR - ReelTime VRs “Really Twins” Tops Veer VRs Featured Videos Worldwide Just Two Days After Release - Really Twin Brandon exclaimed: “There are some very cool VR videos and experiences on VeeR VR ... We have end to end production, editing, and distribution capabilities for internal and external projects. ReelTime Currently produces three ongoing series ... (01/03/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $654,224 on Movie & Video Distribution. It has awarded 32 contracts to 7 companies, with an average value of $93,461 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Film distribution agencies, Animated cartoon distribution, Film libraries, commercial distribution, Motion picture film libraries, Tape distribution for television, Motion picture distribution exclusive of production, Motion picture film distributors, Film distribution, motion picture and video, Television show syndicators, etc.