Instant Download - Available immediately
Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Natural Gas Extraction
Overview of the U.S. Natural Gas Extraction IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Natural Gas Extraction: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Natural Gas Extraction Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Natural Gas Extraction companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Natural Gas Extraction company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Natural Gas Extraction industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Natural Gas Extraction measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||12%|
|Business Operations Specialists||6%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||15%|
|Life, Physical, and Social Science Occupations||7%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||12%|
|Construction and Extraction Occupations||17%|
|Derrick, Rotary Drill, and Service Unit Operators, Oil, Gas, and Mining||8%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||7%|
|Material Moving Workers||6%|
|Pumping Station Operators||5%|
Natural Gas Extraction Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Nearshore Natural Gas||7|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- GPO, G2X And CFEn Announce Natural Gas Transportation Contract - About G2X Houston-based G2X Energy develops, owns and operates production facilities that convert natural gas to methanol for the US and international markets. Transforming natural gas by leveraging existing infrastructure and proven conversion ... (01/10/2018)
- China's factories sputter amid self-inflicted gas shortage - SHANGHAI/CHONGQING -- Chinese President Xi Jinping's campaign to curb air pollution by reining in coal use has created natural gas shortages nationwide, forcing businesses that rely on the clean but increasingly scarce fuel to halt production. The switch ... (01/10/2018)
- Advanced Power Activates 700-MW Gas Facility in Tennessee - Carroll County Energy, which services the PJM market, was built in an area with low priced natural gas production as well as AEP's 345 kV transmission lines and Kinder Morgan's Tennessee Gas Pipeline system. "In the four-plus years since we first announced ... (01/10/2018)
- Leaving Fossil Fuels Like Oil and Natural Gas Underground Makes No Sense - While the arguments in favor of oil and natural gas are well-known, restricting their production in the United States would be tragic. In contrast to fossil fuels, solar and wind energy are carbon-free and their share of the nation's energy will grow in ... (01/10/2018)
- EIA Forecasts Record Natural Gas Production In 2018. Yay? - (Bloomberg Gadfly) -- The Energy Information Administration's latest short-term outlook, published on Tuesday, had an eye-catching prediction: U.S. oil output in 2018 would hit its highest level ever. But this column isn't about that. Instead, let's look ... (01/10/2018)
- It's a Record Year for Natural Gas. Yay? - But this column isn't about that. Instead, let's look at another record being broken: U.S. natural gas production. Note: Data for 2018 and 2019 are projections That 68 percent increase since 2005 is pretty remarkable on its own. What isn't clear from that ... (01/10/2018)
- ONEOK announces natural gas liquids pipeline - Spencer said. “Additional NGL takeaway capacity is critical to meeting the needs of producers who are increasing production and are required to meet natural gas capture targets in the Williston Basin. The Elk Creek Pipeline will strengthen ONEOK's ... (01/10/2018)
- Yair Netanyahu Said His Dad Arranged $20b for Gas Tycoon. How Much Will He Really Make? - Maimon is a real estate mogul and reputed controlling shareholder in the holding company Equital, which has a stake in the offshore natural-gas production site Tamar through Tamar partner Isramco Negev 2 LP. Yair Netanyahu was apparently referring to the ... (01/10/2018)
- Proposed pipeline could move North Dakota natural gas - BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — Company officials say a $1.2 billion natural gas liquids pipeline proposed from Montana to Kansas will help accommodate increasing production in North Dakota and reduce wasteful flaring of excess gas. Oneok's 900-mile Elk Creek ... (01/09/2018)
- Is It Safe To Invest In Natural Gas Again? (UNG) - Per oilprice.com, there is a dual impact of such chilly weather. Extreme cold is cubing natural gas production and demand for heating surges as people seek to stay warm. As per Reuters, gas output in the Bakken declined about 20 percent since last month. (01/08/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $951,980 on Natural Gas Extraction. It has awarded 80 contracts to 14 companies, with an average value of $67,999 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Petroleum gases, liquefied, recovering from oil and gas field gases, Propane recovered from oil and gas field gases, Isopentane recovered from oil and gas field gases, Fractionating natural gas liquids, Oil line drip, natural gas liquid, Condensate, cycle, natural gas production, Casing-head butane and propane production, Gas, residue, extraction, Sulfur recovered from natural gas, Isobutane recovered from oil and gas field gases, Cycle condensate production, Liquid hydrocarbons recovered from oil and gas field gases, Liquefied petroleum gases (LPG), natural, natural liquefied petroleum, liquids, Gasoline, production, Ethane recovered from oil and gas field gases, Residue gas production, Natural gasoline recovered from oil and gas field gases, Butane, mining, Natural gas liquids (e.g., ethane, isobutane, natural gasoline, propane) recovered from oil and gas field gases, Liquids, natural gas (e.g., Gases, petroleum, etc.
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.