Instant Download - Available immediately
Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Navigational, Measuring, Electromedical & Control Instruments Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Navigational, Measuring, Electromedical & Control Instruments Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Navigational, Measuring, Electromedical & Control Instruments Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Navigational, Measuring, Electromedical & Control Instruments Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Navigational, Measuring, Electromedical & Control Instruments Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Navigational, Measuring, Electromedical & Control Instruments Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Navigational, Measuring, Electromedical & Control Instruments Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Navigational, Measuring, Electromedical & Control Instruments Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||9%|
|Business Operations Specialists||6%|
|Computer and Mathematical Occupations||11%|
|Software Developers and Programmers||8%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||21%|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineers||6%|
|Drafters, Engineering Technicians, and Mapping Technicians||6%|
|Engineering Technicians, Except Drafters||5%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||17%|
|Electrical, Electronics, and Electromechanical Assemblers||11%|
|Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers||9%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||6%|
Navigational, Measuring, Electromedical & Control Instruments Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Boston Scientific Neuromodulation||1056|
|Siemens Medical Solutions Usa||938|
|Abbott Diabetes Care Sales||871|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Tesla Model 3: The Road & Track Review - The left-hand third of the screen always displays the driver’s instrument panel ... as New United Motor Manufacturing, Inc., or NUMMI, a factory once jointly-operated by GM and Toyota in an effort to teach Japanese quality control and tight tolerances ... (01/14/2018)
- The global LiDAR market is booming - Teledyne Optech Incorporated: Founded in 1974 and headquartered Toronto, Canada, engaged in the manufacturing of camera survey instruments and ... gas analyzers, sensor control, dust and ultrasonic gas flow measuring devices, 2D and 3D vision cameras ... (01/09/2018)
- NASA Armstrong partners with industry to achieve aeronautics, space milestones - The Acoustic Research Measurement flights effectively applied two NASA research ... Ikhana will be using its own DAA systems integrated onboard the aircraft and its ground control station to maintain safe separation and avoid other aircraft. (01/05/2018)
- Zacks.com featured highlights: Huntsman, Nova Measuring Instruments and Modine Manufacturing - Chicago, IL – October 27, 2017 - Stocks in this week’s article include Huntsman Corporation HUN, Nova Measuring Instruments Ltd. NVMI and Modine Manufacturing Company ... Investment Research is under common control with affiliated entities (including ... (10/27/2017)
- Nova Measuring Instruments Announces Availability of its Annual Report on Form 20-F Through its Website - Nova Measuring Instruments (NVMI), a leading innovator and key provider of metrology solutions for advanced process control used in semiconductor manufacturing, announced today that its annual report on Form 20-F, containing audited consolidated financial ... (03/03/2017)
- More on Sequestration’s Effects on the Private Sector - Back in June I wrote about the private industries whose employment was most dependent on defense funds, and which were therefore most likely to suffer from sequestration. Over at the Oregon Office of Economic Analysis blog, Josh Lehner has taken this ... (08/08/2013)
- Research and Markets: Analytical Laboratory Instrument Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and Its International Trade [2010 Year-End Edition] - This December publication of Analytical Laboratory Instrument Manufacturing ... is under the hierarchy of Navigational, Measuring, Electromedical, and Control Instruments Manufacturing Industry (33451), Computer and Electronic Product Manufacturing ... (01/07/2011)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $13,760,663,453 on Navigational, Measuring, Electromedical & Control Instruments Manufacturing. It has awarded 65,420 contracts to 7,082 companies, with an average value of $1,943,048 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.