New Housing Operative Builders Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: New Housing Operative Builders
Overview: the U.S. New Housing Operative Builders Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for New Housing Operative Builders:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Construction Services BreakdownThe following products and services account for the largest source of revenues in the New Housing Operative Builders industry. Note that there are multiple levels of classification, so some line items are contained within other lines.
|Type of Construction||Total Sales ($ millions)||New Construction ($ millions)||Additions, Alterations, and Reconstruction ($ millions)||Maintenance & Repair ($ millions)|
Building construction, total
Single-family houses, detached and attached
Single-family houses, detached
Single-family houses, attached
Apartment buildings (2 or more units), such as rentals, apartment type condominiums and cooperatives
Stores, restaurants, automobile service stations, parking garages, and other commercial buildings
Other building construction
Nonbuilding construction, total
Highways, streets, and related work, such as public sidewalks, curbs, guardrails and signs
Sewers, water mains, and related facilities
Decks, residential type
Other nonbuilding construction
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a New Housing Operative Builders company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the New Housing Operative Builders industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on New Housing Operative Builders measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Other Management Occupations||5%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||14%|
|Construction and Extraction Occupations||63%|
|Supervisors of Construction and Extraction Workers||8%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Construction Trades and Extraction Workers||8%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Construction Trades and Extraction Workers||8%|
|Construction Trades Workers||52%|
New Housing Operative Builders Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|4 Corners Construction|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Op-Ed: Recycling Must Be Included in Infrastructure Bill - high-quality feedstocks to make into new products. Let’s help meet that need with some of the best possible domestic sources of raw materials: the paper, plastics, glass, metals and packaging discarded by U.S. homes and businesses. That means including ... (01/10/2018)
- Check out these homes that are for sale in Bayside, Forest Hills and Franklin Square - This week we’re featuring three homes throughout and near the borough ... and a cape in Franklin Square that is perfect for families. Details: New to the market, this Bayside co-op is a perfect place for someone who is looking for their first home. (01/10/2018)
- Affordable senior housing lottery now open in new Corona, Queens passive house building - New York ... View of 111 East 115th Street wrapping up construction in August, via CityRealty In most cases, the city’s affordable housing ... Photo of Roberta Flack via Wikimedia Roberta Flack’s co-op apartment with mirrored walls in the iconic ... (01/10/2018)
- Finisher / Customer Care Operative - We are seeking to recruit an experienced CSCS carded Maintenance / Finishing operative ... of the leading new home developers in Lincolnshire and enjoys and enviable reputation for their quality developments in both terms of design and construction standards. (01/10/2018)
- Op-Ed: Property Taxes Can’t Be Reduced, So Stop Making Promises, Unless … - In 2016 New Jersey ranked third at $21,127 per student. The national average was $11,709. Some argue that high property taxes are the reason people are leaving the state; however, there is little evidence that homes are sitting unsold and vacant ... (01/10/2018)
- Progress on offshore, renewable energy heralds big things for New York - Toward that end, Cuomo has also committed to developing 2,400 megawatts of offshore wind power by 2030—enough to power 1.25 million New York homes. This is off to a promising start, with the recent approval of the 90-megawatt South Fork wind project off ... (01/08/2018)
- Homes for Sale in New York City - Click on the slide show to see this week’s featured properties in New York City: • In Park Slope, Brooklyn, a two-bedroom, two-bath duplex co-op across from Prospect Park with a library, kitchen/dining room, garden, washer and dryer and basement ... (01/07/2018)
- A blueprint for change? The promises inside the new city, provincial and federal housing plans - In fact, of the 72,000 new units Vancouver has promised to build ... develop an affordable housing plan that includes 12,000 co-op homes, amending bylaws to allow for more unrelated people to live together in single-family homes, improve the standards ... (01/06/2018)
- The Housing Industry: Checking In Ahead Of Q4 Earnings Reports - Sales in the single-family segment rose 4.5% month-over-month, while condo/co-op sales rose ... built single-family homes climbing five points to 74. Story Continues “Housing market conditions are improving partially because of new policies aimed at ... (01/03/2018)
- 3033 New Mexico Ave NW Apt 205, Washington - 3033 New Mexico Ave Nw Apt 205, Washington, DC 20016 is a condo/townhome/row home/co-op for sale located in the Cathedral - Wesley Heights - McLean Gardens neighborhood. Browse realtor.com® for nearby schools and neighborhood information. Find homes ... (01/03/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $3,772,678 on New Housing Operative Builders. It has awarded 32 contracts to 6 companies, with an average value of $628,780 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Low income housing construction for-sale builders, Modular housing, residential, assembled on site by for-sale builders, Cabin for-sale builders, Row house construction for-sale builders, For-sale builders (i.e., building on own land, for sale), single-family housing, Single-family housing built on own land for sale (i.e., for-sale builders), Custom builders, for-sale builders, single-family home, Precut housing, Panelized multifamily housing assembled on site by for-sale builders, Panelized housing, Garden apartment for-sale builders, Speculative builders (i.e., multifamily housing, Premanufactured housing assembly on site by for-sale builders, multifamily buildings, Single-family housing construction for sale builders, Cottage for-sale builders, Low-rise apartment for-sale builders, Town house construction for-sale builders, Log home for-sale builders, Vacation housing construction for-sale builders, Multifamily building for-sale builders, Apartment building for-sale builders, Housing construction, for-sale builder, Residential for-sale builders, Time-share condominium construction for-sale builders, Merchant builders (i.e., Cooperative apartment for-sale builders, Home builders, for-sale, High-rise apartment for-sale builders, merchant builder, Duplex for-sale builders, Condominium for-sale builders, etc.