|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: News Syndicates
Overview: the U.S. News Syndicates Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for News Syndicates:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the News Syndicates industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Licensing Of Rights To Syndicated Media Content
Licensing Of Rights To - Syndicated News Reports And Related Content
Licensing Of Rights To - Syndicated Program Content, Excluding News
Licensing Of Rights To - Other Syndicated Media Content
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a News Syndicates company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the News Syndicates industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on News Syndicates measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||9%|
|Business Operations Specialists||7%|
|Computer and Mathematical Occupations||30%|
|Software Developers and Programmers||22%|
|Software Developers, Applications||15%|
|Education, Training, and Library Occupations||7%|
|Librarians, Curators, and Archivists||6%|
|Arts, Design, Entertainment, Sports, and Media Occupations||10%|
|Media and Communication Workers||7%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||10%|
|Sales Representatives, Services||8%|
|Miscellaneous Sales Representatives, Services||5%|
|Sales Representatives, Services, All Other||5%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||17%|
|Information and Record Clerks||9%|
News Syndicates Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Detained OFW wants to testify vs recruiters who used her as drug mule - In her message, Veloso made a reference to the President’s campaign against illegal drugs: “I know that you are angry at illegal drugs and you want to go after drug syndicates for the betterment of our nation and the safety of our youth. But how can ... (01/11/2018)
- Tenaganita: Why is Malaysia target of human traffickers? - PETALING JAYA: Human rights organisation Tenaganita has asked why syndicates and human traffickers frequently target Malaysia, but not Singapore and Thailand which are located in the same geographical area. Speaking to FMT, its director Glorene Das asked ... (01/11/2018)
- Malaysian car-jacking syndicates smuggling cars to Asean countries through Thailand - BANGKOK - Malaysian car-jacking syndicates have been using Thailand as a transit point to smuggle stolen vehicles into other regional countries such as Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam, Malaysia's national Bernama news agency reported. More than 100 stolen ... (01/10/2018)
- Malaysian syndicates using Thailand as transit point before smuggling stolen cars into the region – report - Malaysian car-jacking syndicates have been using Thailand as a transit point, as part of a dubious strategy to smuggle stolen vehicles into regional countries such as Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam, Bernama reports. According to Bukit Aman CID director, Datuk ... (01/10/2018)
- Thailand Slams On Brakes Of Malaysian Car-Jacking Syndicates, Seizes 20 Stolen Cars - BANGKOK, Jan 9 (Bernama) -- Malaysian car-jacking syndicates have been using Thailand as a transit point to smuggle stolen vehicles into other regional countries such as Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. According to Bukit Aman CID director, Datuk Seri Wan Ahmad ... (01/08/2018)
- SRL Continuity Opinion Changes: Lloyd's Syndicates (Beaufort, MS Amlin, Novae, Sompo Canopius, Tokio Marine Kiln) - Continuity Opinion Actions August December 2017: Tokio Marine Kiln syndicate 308 October 30 2017 B (Average) Continuity Opinion of Lloyd's syndicate 308 (Tokio Marine Kiln Syndicates Limited) downgraded to C^ (Below Average) following the announcement that ... (01/04/2018)
- SRL Continuity Opinion Changes: Lloyd’s Syndicates (Beaufort, MS Amlin, Novae, Sompo Canopius, Tokio Marine Kiln) - LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Continuity Opinion Actions August - December 2017: Tokio Marine Kiln syndicate 308 October 30 2017 – B (Average) Continuity Opinion of Lloyd's syndicate 308 (Tokio Marine Kiln Syndicates Limited) downgraded to C^ (Below Average ... (01/04/2018)
- Syndicates may be preying on victims using leaked banking information: Michael Chong - KUALA LUMPUR: The MCA Public Services and Complaints Department said that there is a possibility that personal banking information has been leaked to syndicates who prey on the public. Department head Datuk Seri Michael Chong said innocent victims might ... (01/04/2018)
- Bitcoin turns into new e-hawala route, spotlight on cross-border criminal syndicates - NEW DELHI: Investigating agencies are scrambling to uncover criminal money laundering cartels exploiting bitcoins, the virtual currency that has stormed global financial markets with prices rising by nearly 1,000 per cent in 2017. The Central Bureau of ... (12/31/2017)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $5,385,525 on News Syndicates. It has awarded 120 contracts to 30 companies, with an average value of $179,517 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Wire photo services, News picture gathering and distributing services, Traffic reporting services, News ticker services, Newspaper feature syndicates, News service syndicates, Syndicates, news, Feature syndicates (i.e., advice columns, comic, news), Wire services, News reporting services, etc.