|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Nonferrous Metal Production & Processing
Overview: the U.S. Nonferrous Metal Production & Processing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Nonferrous Metal Production & Processing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Nonferrous Metal Production & Processing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Nonferrous Metal Production & Processing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Nonferrous Metal Production & Processing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Nonferrous Metal Production & Processing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Nonferrous Metal Production & Processing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||8%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||8%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||7%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||39%|
|Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||13%|
|Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||10%|
|Metal Furnace Operators, Tenders, Pourers, and Casters||10%|
|Metal-Refining Furnace Operators and Tenders||8%|
|Other Production Occupations||10%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||6%|
Nonferrous Metal Production & Processing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|H. C. Starck||29|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Global Industrial Metal Detector Market to Reach US$ 900 Mn by 2026 – Persistence Market Research - Metal fragments in food products may invade from various sources including bits of farm tools during the process of harvesting, or parts of robotic systems during processing of food ... the basis of capability type, non-ferrous metal detectors are ... (01/10/2018)
- GobiMin Announces Investment in Metal Trading and Processing Business - The Investee is mainly engaged in trading, production, processing and investment in precious metals and non-ferrous metals and related products. Equipped with self-developed testing facility, it has the capacity of producing 1,500 tonnes of tin ingots per ... (01/09/2018)
- China Nonferrous Gold : Annual Report and Accounts - The construction of all the processing ... mine into production, while also managing the repayments due on current loans. In this respect, the Directors have received a letter of support from a substantial shareholder, China Nonferrous Metal Mining Group ... (06/28/2017)
- Commissioning of Processing Plant and Commencement of Trial Production - China Nonferrous Gold Limited ?????????? ... is pleased to announce the successful commissioning of the processing plant at Pakrut and the commencement of trial production. David Tang, Managing Director, said: “I am delighted to ... (10/01/2015)
- Non-ferrous metal industry, a highlight of Inner Mongolia - ... region's production capacity of non-ferrous metal will be 14 million tons, and the deep processing rate of lead, copper, zinc and magnesium is estimated at over 50 percent. The deep processing rate of electrolytic aluminum will be more than 70 percent. (12/02/2014)
- China's 2012 nonferrous metal output up 7.5% - The material processing sector saw rising profits of 75.4 ... resource guarantees and excess production capacity. The 10 major nonferrous metals monitored in China refer to copper, aluminum, lead, zinc, nickel, tin, antimony, magnesium, titanium and ... (03/29/2013)
- China Minmetals Looking Forward to Create Leading Industry Positions In Collaboration with Hunan Nonferrous - As set forth in the Plan Regarding the Adjustment and Resuscitation of the Nonferrous Metal Industry launched ... zinc producer and the world's largest production base of antimony products; and in downstream processing? HNG is the world's largest ... (05/19/2010)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $702,804,834 on Nonferrous Metal Production & Processing. It has awarded 1,721 contracts to 251 companies, with an average value of $2,800,019 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|