Nonmetallic Mineral Mining & Quarrying Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Nonmetallic Mineral Mining & Quarrying
Overview of the U.S. Nonmetallic Mineral Mining & Quarrying IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Nonmetallic Mineral Mining & Quarrying: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Nonmetallic Mineral Mining & Quarrying Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Nonmetallic Mineral Mining & Quarrying companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Nonmetallic Mineral Mining & Quarrying company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Nonmetallic Mineral Mining & Quarrying industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Nonmetallic Mineral Mining & Quarrying measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Construction and Extraction Occupations||31%|
|Construction Trades Workers||14%|
|Construction Equipment Operators||11%|
|Operating Engineers and Other Construction Equipment Operators||11%|
|Mining Machine Operators||7%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||10%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Other Production Occupations||9%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||28%|
|Motor Vehicle Operators||11%|
|Driver/Sales Workers and Truck Drivers||11%|
|Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers||11%|
|Material Moving Workers||15%|
|Dredge, Excavating, and Loading Machine Operators||9%|
|Excavating and Loading Machine and Dragline Operators||8%|
Nonmetallic Mineral Mining & Quarrying Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Compass Minerals America||96|
|Imerys Filtration Minerals Usa||17|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Mining fiscal regime up for inclusion in 5th Train package - Agabin recently told reporters that the interagency Mining Industry Coordinating Council was ... already doubled the excise tax rates on non-metallic minerals and quarry resources, and metallic minerals (including chromite, copper and gold) to 4 percent ... (12/27/2017)
- Mining sector 'to contribute $64bn to Saudi GDP by 2030' - The Big 5 Heavy, to be held from March 26 to 28, at the Dubai World Trade Centre, in Dubai, will feature a dedicated ‘mining and quarrying ... minerals such as bauxite, copper, gold, iron, lead, silver, tin, zinc and a number of non-metallic minerals. (12/19/2017)
- Semirara Mining and Power : bucks steep hike in coal excise tax - Dec. 01--SEMIRARA Mining and Power Corp. has expressed disapproval over the proposed increase in the excise tax on coal and the doubling of tax rates on nonmetallic minerals and quarry resources, saying that those who profit more should instead be taxed more. (11/30/2017)
- SR Metals, Coral Bay bag mining awards - This year’s overall winners for Best Mining Forest Contest are the following: Aglubang Mining Corp. (exploration category), Holcim Mining and Development Corp. (nonmetallic ... Quarry), OceanaGold Philippines Inc., Agata Mining Ventures Inc., SRMI, FCF ... (11/26/2017)
- Factcheck: Scott Pruitt and coal jobs - But “mining” refers to gas, oil, metal ores, coal and nonmetallic mineral mining and quarrying. It also includes jobs created in a category called “support activities for mining.” As for coal mining jobs, BLS says there were 51,000 jobs in May ... (06/06/2017)
- British Columbia issues Canadian Mining quarry permit - TORONTO (miningweekly.com) – The British Columbia Ministry of Energy and Mines has issued TSX-V-listed Canadian Mining with ... be moved from the quarry to the staging area as required. "Zeolite is a natural nonmetallic volcanic mineral that exhibits ... (07/28/2015)
- Mining minister focuses on limestone - The PIOJ has identified mining and quarrying as one of the strategic priority areas ... By contrast, the Jamaican non-metallic minerals sub-sector is still in the early stages of its economic development and growth. Jamaica’s most abundant mineral ... (03/27/2012)
- Oman mining and quarry sector poised for growth - Tiny Oman, the Sultanate perched on the southeast tip of the Arabian peninsula, is setting up for a quantum leap in mining ... (both in the metallic and non-metallic sector) are currently underway in Oman. In the metallic minerals sector, a concession ... (01/28/2012)
- Analyse The Nonmetallic Mineral Product Manufacturing Industry In The U.S - When receipts cannot be broken out between mining and manufacturing, establishments that mine or quarry nonmetallic minerals, beneficiate the nonmetallic minerals and further process the nonmetallic minerals into a more finished manufactured product are ... (08/17/2007)
- Strickland Quarry Played Vital Role - Between 1942 and 1945, they were especially interested in mica, a nonmetallic mineral ... went into mining mica. "You had to pump the water out, blast out the mine, scrape the mica from the rocks and then try to pull the sheets out of the quarry without ... (10/19/1992)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $56,058,573 on Nonmetallic Mineral Mining & Quarrying. It has awarded 1,636 contracts to 446 companies, with an average value of $125,692 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.