Nuclear Electric Power Generation Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Nuclear Electric Power Generation
Overview of the U.S. Nuclear Electric Power Generation IndustryIn a world with ever increasing energy needs constrained by very real carbon dioxide increases, nuclear power represents an attractive investment for continued growth. The troubles in Japan, however, have tempered demand for nuclear power.
Nuclear power generation provides an abundant source of energy. However, safety is a major concern and it is subjected to federal regulation and intense public scrutiny. Safety records and the positive impact on local economies, as well as the clean and reliable energy it produces, can provide the industry with favorable public opinion and ample growth opportunities.
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Nuclear Electric Power Generation: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Nuclear Electric Power Generation industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Electric Power Transmission
Electricity - Generation
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Nuclear Electric Power Generation company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Nuclear Electric Power Generation industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Nuclear Electric Power Generation measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||7%|
|Business Operations Specialists||5%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||11%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||16%|
|Information and Record Clerks||5%|
|Customer Service Representatives||5%|
|Customer Service Representatives||5%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||29%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||21%|
|Line Installers and Repairers||15%|
|Electrical Power-Line Installers and Repairers||14%|
|Plant and System Operators||12%|
|Power Plant Operators, Distributors, and Dispatchers||11%|
|Power Plant Operators||8%|
Nuclear Electric Power Generation Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Tennessee Valley Authority||32|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- California's last nuclear power plant to close by 2025 - Thirty years later, changes in the state's electricity markets, including an increase in renewable power, made the Diablo Canyon plants ... after the closure of the San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station near San Diego. The year 2012 was also marked by ... (01/13/2018)
- Surprise: Nuclear Power Maximizes Environmental Benefits Of Electric Vehicles - America needs diverse power generation sources, including nuclear, to meet this surge of electricity demand and to balance the risks and benefits of multiple energy sources. In any rational planning system, nuclear power deserves a future. BWX Technologies ... (01/13/2018)
- Nuclear power receives its death sentence in California: regulators vote to shut down Diablo Canyon - SAN DIEGO—The last remaining nuclear power plant in California ... for their local electricity needs. Diablo Canyon had been the last remaining nuclear plant in the state, after the San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station closed its doors in January ... (01/12/2018)
- Regulators vote to shut down Diablo Canyon, California's last nuclear power plant - Diablo Canyon had been the last remaining nuclear plant in the state, after the San Onofre Nuclear Generating ... Diablo’s electricity. “We really have to make sure that as we’re phasing out and getting rid of our nuclear power that we’re not ... (01/11/2018)
- Exelon’s nuclear power plants prove resilient during winter storms - Kennett Square >> As Winter Storm Grayson pounded the East Coast with high winds, bone-chilling temperatures and historic power demands, Exelon Generation’s Pennsylvania nuclear plants continued to deliver clean, reliable and affordable electricity to ... (01/09/2018)
- Calvert Cliffs Nuclear Power Plant operated at full power through storm - Exelon Generation’s Calvert Cliffs Nuclear Power Plant operated at 100 percent power, delivering critical electricity to nearly 2 million homes during two of the highest daily peak demand periods ever recorded, a press release states. During the same ... (01/09/2018)
- Calvert Cliffs Nuclear Power Plant Ran at Full Capacity During Winter Storm Grayson - Exelon Generation's Calvert Cliffs Nuclear Power Plant operated at 100 percent power, delivering critical electricity to nearly two million homes during two of the highest daily peak demand periods ever recorded. During the same period, Exelon Generation's ... (01/09/2018)
- EUROPE POWER-German spot power price soars as wind generation falls - PARIS, Jan 9 (Reuters) - European spot electricity prices for day-ahead delivery diverged on Tuesday as forecasts for a sharp fall in wind power generation lifted the German contract, while increased nuclear power supply and lower consumption weighed in ... (01/09/2018)
- Exelon Generation’s Calvert Cliffs Nuclear Power Plant Ran at Full Capacity During Winter Storm Grayson - Exelon Generation’s Calvert Cliffs Nuclear Power Plant operated at 100 percent power, delivering critical electricity to nearly two million homes during two of the highest daily peak demand periods ever recorded. During the same period, Exelon Generation ... (01/09/2018)
- Generation of Indian nuclear power reached 6780 MW - ... to that notified by various Electricity Regulatory Commissions for other electricity generating technologies. Nuclear is a clean, environment friendly base load source of power available 24X7. It also has huge potential which will ensure long term ... (01/02/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $11,014 on Nuclear Electric Power Generation. It has awarded 2 contracts to 2 companies, with an average value of $5,507 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Electric power generation, nuclear, Power generation, nuclear electric, etc.
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.