|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Oil & Gas Pipeline Construction
Overview: the U.S. Oil & Gas Pipeline Construction Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Oil & Gas Pipeline Construction:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Construction Services BreakdownThe following products and services account for the largest source of revenues in the Oil & Gas Pipeline Construction industry. Note that there are multiple levels of classification, so some line items are contained within other lines.
|Type of Construction||Total Sales ($ millions)||New Construction ($ millions)||Additions, Alterations, and Reconstruction ($ millions)||Maintenance & Repair ($ millions)|
Building construction, total
Other building construction
Nonbuilding construction, total
Highways, streets, and related work, such as public sidewalks, curbs, guardrails and signs
Sewers, water mains, and related facilities
Oil and gas pipelines, pumping stations, storage tanks, and mains
Power and communication transmission lines, cables, towers, and related facilities
Power and cogeneration plants, except hydroelectric
Petrochemical plants and petroleum refineries
Oil and gas fields
Other nonbuilding construction
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Oil & Gas Pipeline Construction company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Oil & Gas Pipeline Construction industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Oil & Gas Pipeline Construction measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||7%|
|Construction and Extraction Occupations||54%|
|Supervisors of Construction and Extraction Workers||7%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Construction Trades and Extraction Workers||7%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Construction Trades and Extraction Workers||7%|
|Construction Trades Workers||42%|
|Construction Equipment Operators||10%|
|Operating Engineers and Other Construction Equipment Operators||10%|
|Pipelayers, Plumbers, Pipefitters, and Steamfitters||7%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||18%|
|Line Installers and Repairers||10%|
|Electrical Power-Line Installers and Repairers||6%|
Oil & Gas Pipeline Construction Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Stuart Steel Protection|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Onshore Oil and Gas Pipeline Market Size, Share, Application, Key Vendor Analysis and Outlook to 2021 - Covered in this report The report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of the global onshore oil and gas pipeline market for 2017-2021 . To calculate the market size, the report considers the new construction of pipelines and exclude ... (01/10/2018)
- OPINION: Governor Should Lead on Pipeline - While laying the pipeline will employ thousands of construction workers for a time ... Beverly Perdue vetoed a 2012 bill to allow fracking as part of oil and gas exploration in the state. The Republican-majority General Assembly overturned her veto ... (01/10/2018)
- The Energy 202: The oil industry reminds Washington that pipelines are infrastructure too - Currently, FERC considers whether a gas ... as the oil pipelines Keystone XL and Dakota Access, has come not from federal officials but from local protesters. Environmental activists successfully lobbied the Obama administration to halt construction ... (01/10/2018)
- ONEOK announces natural gas liquids pipeline - “You can really extract a better value from your gas having a market for them, very similar to what we’ve seen happen with Dakota Access for oil,” Ness said. North Dakota’s Pipeline Authority ... “As far as construction, we are in the process ... (01/10/2018)
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Hess, Petrobras, Andeavor, Royal Dutch Shell and Cabot Oil & Gas - (See the last ‘Oil & Gas Stock Roundup’ here ... which is currently under construction. The $225 million Conan pipeline is around 130 miles long with a capacity to transport around 250,000 barrels of oil a day. The integration of two pipeline systems ... (01/10/2018)
- Five Spills, Six Months in Operation: Dakota Access Track Record Highlights Unavoidable Reality — Pipelines Leak - LaDuke is now pushing to stop construction of the Enbridge Line 3 oil sands pipeline in Minnesota ... Energy Transfer Partners is also behind the 700-mile natural gas pipeline Rover, which last spring spilled 2 million gallons of drilling mud into ... (01/09/2018)
- Candidates for governor linked to oil and gas companies - 2008: Oil prices soar to ... the controversial Dakota Access Pipeline. Biss says this is an obvious conflict of interests. The pipeline stretches beneath nearly 200 miles of land in Illinois. Some local farmers say its construction has resulted in land ... (01/09/2018)
- Construction Proposal Made for $1.2 Billion Pipeline from Montana to Kansas - ... flaring of excess gas in the state’s oil fields. The project still needs regulatory approvals from federal, state and local agencies. NATIONAL -- Officials say a $1.2 billion natural gas liquids pipeline proposed from Montana to Kansas will help ... (01/09/2018)
- Colorado debates new gas line rules after fatal explosion - DENVER (AP) — Energy companies, local governments and advocacy groups on Monday will debate proposed new rules for thousands of oil and gas pipelines in Colorado ... That's meant to help homeowners and construction companies avoid inadvertently severing ... (01/08/2018)
- 900-mile natural gas liquids pipeline proposed for Bakken - North Dakota oil industry leaders are working to ... would transport up to 50,000 barrels per day of natural gas liquids from Dunn and McKenzie counties to Oneok’s existing pipeline system. Construction is proposed to begin in February. (01/08/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $399,947,491 on Oil & Gas Pipeline Construction. It has awarded 571 contracts to 136 companies, with an average value of $2,940,790 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Pipeline construction on oil and gas field gathering lines to point of distribution on a contract basis, Corrosion protection, underground pipeline and oil storage tank, Oil pipeline construction, Pipeline, gas and oil, construction, Petroleum refinery construction, Gathering line, gas and oil field, Service line, Distribution line, Natural gas processing plant construction, Oil refinery construction, Oil and gas field distribution line construction, Storage tank, natural gas or oil, tank farm or field, Gas main construction, Petrochemical plant construction, Pumping station, gas and oil transmission, Pipe lining (except thermal insulating) contractors, Construction management, oil and gas pipeline, Pipeline rehabilitation contractors, oil refinery and petrochemical complex, Pipeline wrapping contractors, Natural gas pipeline construction, Refinery, petroleum, Compressor, metering and pumping station, gas and oil pipeline, etc.