|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: One-Hour Photofinishing
Overview: the U.S. One-Hour Photofinishing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for One-Hour Photofinishing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the One-Hour Photofinishing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Digital Photo And Photofinishing Services
Portrait Photography Services
General Individual And Group Portrait Photography Services
Passport Photography Services
Resale Of Merchandise
Resale Of Photographic Equipment And Supplies
Resale Of Other Merchandise
All Other Receipts
All Other Operating Receipts
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a One-Hour Photofinishing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the One-Hour Photofinishing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on One-Hour Photofinishing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Personal Care and Service Occupations||33%|
|Animal Care and Service Workers||25%|
|Nonfarm Animal Caretakers||24%|
|Nonfarm Animal Caretakers||24%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||7%|
|Retail Sales Workers||5%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||37%|
|Other Transportation Workers||30%|
|Parking Lot Attendants||30%|
|Parking Lot Attendants||30%|
One-Hour Photofinishing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- PHILIP ARTHUR DEMASSA - DEMASSA, PHILIP ARTHUR Philip Arthur Demassa, 67, accidentally passed away on May ... In 1981, Phil expanded his investments from real estate to the new world of one-hour photofinishing. Quickly opening three Film Express stores in one month, Phil ... (06/03/2012)
- Walgreens coming to town - n nationwide rollout of one-hour photofinishing service, now available at more than 98 percent of Walgreens stores. n Intercom Plus, which allows pharmacists to spend more time counseling patients by assigning administrative tasks to pharmacy technicians. (10/30/2011)
- Small Business Industries You Shouldn't Touch With A 10-Foot Pole - Most people neglect photofinishing when thinking about paper industries, but it also should be included. Prior to digital technology, film and film processing was a huge industry. Without fail, almost any and every strip mall in America had a One-Hour ... (08/20/2011)
- Noritsu Unveils Compact Retail Inkjet Photo Printer at CES 2008 - The company’s legacy dates back to its founder, Mr. Kanichi Nishimoto, who invented the automatic print washer, the predecessor to the modern photofinishing machine. Noritsu introduced the world’s first one-hour film developing and printing system ... (01/05/2008)
- Business Briefs - The new location features a portrait studio and one-hour photofinishing lab on the premises. Mohler, a Lawrence resident for the past 11 years, has more than eight years of experience in the photofinishing and portrait photography business. She has been ... (10/01/2000)
- Fuji Knocks Kodak Out Of Focus - "Even though the Wal-Mart deal doesn't include the one-hour photo lab operations in many Wal-Mart stores, Fuji could introduce its film to Wal-Mart photofinishing customers by giving a free roll to each customer who processes film at Wal-Mart." That could ... (07/12/1996)
- Fuji Snaps Up Wal-mart Business - Fuji said it will purchase Wal-Mart's six photofinishing labs and obtain a long-term agreement to provide developing services for the world's largest retailer. Wal-Mart still will operate its chain of 1,200 one-hour photo labs in its stores. The purchase ... (07/10/1996)
- Fuji to Buy Wal-Mart Photo Plants - Bentonville, Ark.-based Wal-Mart is not selling the one-hour photofinishing labs located inside its stores. Wal-Mart shares fell 50 cents to $24 and Kodak lost 75 cents to $74.375, both on the New York Stock Exchange. Fuji's shares fell $1 to $30.375 on ... (07/09/1996)
- Florida No. 2 In Photo Minilabs - Did you know that Florida is second only to California in the number of one-hour labs? Yep. And tourism gets a lot of the credit. The minilab industry is worth $2 billion a year and is about 40 percent of the entire photofinishing market. Now you know. (05/07/1990)
- COMPANY NEWS; EASTMAN KODAK TO BUY FOX PHOTO - Fox operates 20 wholesale photo labs and 240 mini-labs, many of which offer one-hour photofinishing service, in 23 states. ''Fox is an extremely important customer for Kodak, and given the fact that it was for sale, Kodak had to acquire it or face losing ... (11/18/1986)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $6,673 on One-Hour Photofinishing. It has awarded 20 contracts to 1 companies, with an average value of $6,673 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
One-hour photofinishing services, Photofinishing services, one-hour, Film developing and printing, one hour, Photofinishing labs, etc.