|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Packing & Crating
Overview: the U.S. Packing & Crating Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Packing & Crating:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Packing & Crating industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Freight Transportation Arrangement Services
Packing Services For Goods
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Packing & Crating company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Packing & Crating industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Packing & Crating measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||20%|
|Material Recording, Scheduling, Dispatching, and Distributing Workers||7%|
|Other Production Occupations||5%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||56%|
|Motor Vehicle Operators||10%|
|Driver/Sales Workers and Truck Drivers||7%|
|Material Moving Workers||41%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||37%|
|Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand||12%|
|Packers and Packagers, Hand||24%|
Packing & Crating Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Wood pallet, crating manufacturer to invest $1.3 million, create 28 jobs at Holly Hill plant - A manufacturer of wood pallets, skids and specialty crating is locating operations in Holly Hill. Charlotte-based Tree Brand Packaging Inc. announced Wednesday it is investing $1.3 million and creating 28 new jobs. Many of the jobs are expected to be above ... (01/11/2018)
- Tree Brand Packaging, Inc. launching New Orangeburg County Operations - COLUMBIA, S.C. – Tree Brand Packaging, Inc., a manufacturer of wood pallets, skids and specialty crating, is launching its new operations in Orangeburg County. With a capital investment of $1.3 million, the company is projected to create 28 new jobs. (01/09/2018)
- How to Move Your Valuables: 6 Tips for Protecting Your Most Precious Stuff - And don't forget about moving insurance. That said, your highly valuable and precious items should be packed by professional packing or crating companies—which you might need to hire in addition to your moving company. Daves recalls a client who once ... (01/07/2018)
- Bulk Container Packaging Market by Product & Data Validation, Analysis and Forecasts to 2022 - PACT- Packaging and Crating Technologies, All con World Systems, National Bulk Equipment, Inc, New Century Packaging, Trans Ocean Bulk Logistics, Weidenhammer Packungen GmbH & Co KG, United Bags,Inc., Braid Logistics and Büscherhoff Spezialverpackung GmbH ... (08/11/2017)
- Vancouver Industrial Crating Company Introduces Bonded Warehouse Services - Delta-based industrial crating company Cratex Industrial Packing Ltd. recently obtained a licence for operating as an official Bonded Warehouse. These services allow anyone receiving goods internationally to delay paying duties on said items for up to four ... (10/20/2016)
- Packing and Unpacking tips from AJM - We would schedule packers to arrive at your home the day before your move to complete the packing for you. Some items in you shipment may require custom crating. If you own any marble tops, large glass tops, chandeliers, ornate mirrors or high value ... (06/22/2015)
- Master of the Science of Packing and Crating - IN the art world, Rita Gomez is a mover, but most certainly not a shaker. She wears blue jeans with scuffed work boots and spends her days in a windowless room with all the glamour of a warehouse, yet Ms. Gomez has bragging rights to rival any in the business. (02/11/2015)
- Combine Solicitation – AFICA Packing and Crating – Local - This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items prepared in accordance with the format in Subpart 12.6, as supplemented with additional information included in this notice. This announcement constitutes the only solicitation; proposals are ... (08/05/2014)
- MEI Chosen for Crating and Packaging NASA’s FFT Space Shuttle - SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--MEI LLC announced today that the company was chosen to supply packaging and build crates to transport NASA’s Full Fuselage Trainer (FFT) Space Shuttle for its journey from Houston’s Johnson Space Center to Seattle’s Museum ... (06/30/2012)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $45,349,113 on Packing & Crating. It has awarded 3,161 contracts to 176 companies, with an average value of $257,665 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|