|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Leather Accessories Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Leather Accessories Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Leather Accessories Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Leather Accessories Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
All Other Leather Good And Allied Product Manufacturing
Luggage (Including Suitcases, Travel Bags, Backpacks, And Other Types)
Personal Leather Goods (Excluding Women's Handbags And Purses)
Boot And Shoe Cut Stock And Findings
All Other Miscellaneous Leather Goods
All Other Leather Good And Allied Product Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Other Secondary Products
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Leather Accessories Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Leather Accessories Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Leather Accessories Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Leather Accessories Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Leather Accessories Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||13%|
|Textile, Apparel, and Furnishings Workers||44%|
|Sewing Machine Operators||24%|
|Sewing Machine Operators||24%|
|Shoe and Leather Workers||18%|
|Shoe and Leather Workers and Repairers||17%|
|Other Production Occupations||12%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||6%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||6%|
|Material Moving Workers||5%|
Leather Accessories Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Manufacturing sector secures longest run of growth for 20 years - The manufacturing cheer comes as British goods are in high demand ... Howard Archer, chief economic adviser at the EY Item Club, said it was a “mixed bag of November data that overall maintain our view that UK gross domestic product (GDP) growth was ... (01/10/2018)
- Global leisure luggage bags market forecast to 2025 published by leading research firm - The will chart the course for a more comprehensive organization and discernment of the competition situation in the Leisure Luggage Bags market. As this will help manufacturers and investors alike, to have a better understanding of the direction in which ... (01/10/2018)
- Connecticut Hospitals Juggle IV Bag Shortage Months After Hurricane Maria - The recent supply crunch began in September, when a group of IV bag manufacturing facilities in Puerto Rico were damaged by Hurricane Maria. Though the Baxter International plants regained power this week, the shortage is expected to drag on, according to ... (01/10/2018)
- Global Pet Bag Market 2018 Share, Trend, Segmentation and Forecast to 2022 - Global Pet Bag market competition by top manufacturers, with production, price, revenue (value) and market share for each manufacturer; the top players including (01/10/2018)
- US hospitals facing IV bag shortage - Supplies of saline and nutrient solutions were already tight before hurricanes pounded Puerto Rico and cut power to manufacturing plants that make much of the U.S. supply of fluid-filled bags used to deliver sterile solutions to patients. Flu season has ... (01/10/2018)
- IV bag shortage has hospitals scrambling to treat flu - Supplies of saline and nutrient solutions were already tight before hurricanes pounded Puerto Rico and cut power to manufacturing plants that make much of the U.S. supply of fluid-filled bags used to deliver sterile solutions to patients. Flu season has ... (01/09/2018)
- UK Law Banning The Manufacturing Of Microbeads Has Just Come Into Effect - and I am delighted that from today cosmetics manufacturers will no longer be able to add this harmful plastic to their rinse-off products.” With the imposing of the plastic bag tax last year, which has led to 9 billion fewer single-use bags being used ... (01/09/2018)
- Hospitals struggle to battle peak flu season amid widespread IV bag shortage - Some hospitals are setting up emergency tents to handle the high volume of patients while others are dealing with a shortage of IV bags after Hurricane Maria cut power to manufacturing plants in Puerto Rico. IV bags hold the medicines and fluids ... (01/09/2018)
- Check out the game's most expensive shafts — only $16,800 to outfit your entire bag! - Those shafts are now available in North America. Seven Dreamers insists that its manufacturing processes produce custom-built shafts for woods, irons and putters that outperform all others on the market. How? The company has its roots in the aerospace ... (01/09/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $8,333,272 on Leather Accessories Manufacturing. It has awarded 397 contracts to 85 companies, with an average value of $98,038 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Coin purses (except metal) manufacturing, Aprons for textile machinery, leather, manufacturing, Razor strops manufacturing, Trimmings, shoe, Safety belts, Uppers (i.e., shoe cut stock), Briefcases, all materials, Sewing cases (except metal) manufacturing, Leather belting manufacturing, Shanks, Aprons, leather (e.g., blacksmith's, welder's), Seatbelts, Whipstocks manufacturing, Straps, watch (except metal), Leggings, welder's, Luggage, Dog furnishings (e.g., collars, harnesses, leashes, muzzles), Vanity cases, Riding crops manufacturing, Handbags (except metal), men's, Leather cut stock for shoe and boot manufacturing, Toe caps, Key cases (except metal) manufacturing, Shoe kits (i.e., cases), Checkbook covers, (except metal), Cases, musical instrument, Desk sets, Feed bags for horses manufacturing, Trunks (i.e., luggage), Holsters, Lifts, heel, Caps, heel and toe, Blacksmith's aprons, Harnesses and harness parts, Camera carrying bags, Cigar cases (except metal) manufacturing, Belting for machinery, Boxes, Belts, leather safety, Tobacco pouches (except metal) manufacturing, Vamps, Attache cases, Purses (except precious metal), Bags (i.e., Findings, boot and shoe, Compacts, solid leather, Leather welting manufacturing, Soles, Pegs, leather shoe, Sleeves, Musical instrument cases, Satchels, Card cases (except metal) manufacturing, Heels, jewelry (except metal), Binocular cases manufacturing, Tongues, Saddles and parts, Leather goods, small personal (e.g., coin purses, eyeglass cases, key cases), Valises, hat (except paper or paperboard), Crops, riding, Handles (e.g., luggage, whip), Personal leather goods (e.g., small, Mill strapping for textile mills, Novelties, cigarette lighter covers, key fobs), Taps, Shoe soles, Watch bands (except metal) manufacturing, Transmission belting, Wallets (except metal) manufacturing, Jackets, Corners, Inner soles, Bows, Billfolds, Wardrobe bags (i.e., luggage) manufacturing, Box toes (i.e., Sample cases, Belt laces, Welders' jackets, leggings, and sleeves, Harnesses, dog, Leashes, Bags, athletic, Clasps, shoe (leather), Comb cases (except metal) manufacturing, Collars and collar pads (i.e., harness) manufacturing, Toilet kits and cases (except metal) manufacturing, Stays, Tips, Spats, Collars, Heel caps, leather or metal, Whips, horse, Laces (e.g., shoe), Lashes (i.e., whips) manufacturing, Counters (i.e., Horse boots and muzzles manufacturing, Boot and shoe cut stock and findings, Welders' aprons, Textile leathers (e.g., apron picker leather, mill strapping) manufacturing, Eyeglass cases, Cigarette cases (except metal) manufacturing, Cut stock for boots and shoes manufacturing, Cosmetic bags (except metal) manufacturing, Traveling bags, Suitcases, Leather luggage manufacturing, Linings, Heel lifts, Quarters (i.e., Rands (i.e., Top lifts, etc.