|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Pesticide, Fertilizer & Agricultural Chemical Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Pesticide, Fertilizer & Agricultural Chemical Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Pesticide, Fertilizer & Agricultural Chemical Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Pesticide, Fertilizer & Agricultural Chemical Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Pesticide, Fertilizer & Agricultural Chemical Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Pesticide, Fertilizer & Agricultural Chemical Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Pesticide, Fertilizer & Agricultural Chemical Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Pesticide, Fertilizer & Agricultural Chemical Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Life, Physical, and Social Science Occupations||6%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||9%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||7%|
|Plant and System Operators||12%|
|Miscellaneous Plant and System Operators||12%|
|Chemical Plant and System Operators||12%|
|Other Production Occupations||24%|
|Chemical Processing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||7%|
|Chemical Equipment Operators and Tenders||6%|
|Crushing, Grinding, Polishing, Mixing, and Blending Workers||9%|
|Mixing and Blending Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||9%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||12%|
|Material Moving Workers||8%|
Pesticide, Fertilizer & Agricultural Chemical Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Fertilizer Runoff is a Boon to Mosquito Growth - But what happens when humans apply a fertilizer ... chemical fertilizers in them. The problem, though, is not just one of simple proliferation of potentially disease-carrying mosquitoes. Because pesticides are often used alongside fertilizers in ... (01/10/2018)
- North America Agricultural Biologicals Market to Grow At CAGR of 6.4% Forecast 2016-2021 - The North America agriculture biologicals market was worth USD 3.75 ... of awareness among the farmers and reluctant to change from existing practices of chemical pesticides are hindering the growth of the market. Request for Sample: http ... (01/10/2018)
- Global microbial pesticide market is estimated to have a great demand by the year 2024 according to new research report - ... holds the largest share in the microbial pesticide market owing to an increased demand for fertilizers and other agricultural products. Agriculture is followed by Healthcare and manufacturing because of the increased demand for baking and brewing of ... (01/09/2018)
- Global Agricultural Biologicals Market 2017-2021 - Increasing Prices of Chemical Fertilizers and Pesticides - Research and Markets - The "Global Agricultural Biologicals Market 2017-2021" report has been added to Research ... one of the major drivers for this market is Increasing prices of chemical fertilizers and pesticides. The increasing prices of chemical fertilizers and pesticides ... (10/31/2017)
- New state budget cuts farmer costs for pesticides, fertilizers - The surcharges were intended to fund the Agricultural Chemical Cleanup Program (ACCP) fund, which partially reimburses cleanup of fertilizer ... but pesticides dealers were permitted to pass on to farmers fees they were required to pay to manufacturers. (09/25/2017)
- China farm pollution worsens, despite moves to curb excessive fertilisers, pesticides - Excessive use of chemical fertilizers and pesticides has led to polluted water ... for farmers already facing rising labor costs. "The agriculture ministry's main goal is to stabilize production, or increase it. Environmental protection is not their ... (04/14/2015)
- The Pesticide and Other Agricultural Chemical Manufacturing Industry’s Revenue for the Year 2006 Was Approximately $13,810,000,000 - DUBLIN, Ireland--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/reports/c54629) has announced the addition of Pesticide and Other Agricultural Chemical Manufacturing Industry ... Chemical Manufacturing 3253 - Pesticide, Fertilizer ... (04/19/2007)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $18,704,819 on Pesticide, Fertilizer & Agricultural Chemical Manufacturing. It has awarded 468 contracts to 133 companies, with an average value of $140,638 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.