Petroleum & Coal Products Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Petroleum & Coal Products Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Petroleum & Coal Products Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Petroleum & Coal Products Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Petroleum & Coal Products Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Petroleum & Coal Products Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Petroleum & Coal Products Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Petroleum & Coal Products Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Petroleum & Coal Products Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||5%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||10%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||7%|
|Construction and Extraction Occupations||6%|
|Construction Trades Workers||5%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||8%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Supervisors of Production Workers||7%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers||7%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers||7%|
|Plant and System Operators||20%|
|Miscellaneous Plant and System Operators||20%|
|Petroleum Pump System Operators, Refinery Operators, and Gaugers||18%|
|Other Production Occupations||12%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||7%|
Petroleum & Coal Products Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|BP Corporation North America||177|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Scientists are making carbon fiber from plants instead of petroleum - There’s just one catch: Carbon fiber is made from oil and other costly ingredients ... There’s a trend underway of scientists making petroleum products from plants instead. Petroleum is, after all, made from prehistoric plants that were buried and ... (01/13/2018)
- Vung Ro Petroleum shakes hands with DenimoTech - Vung Ro Petroleum Co., Ltd. (VRP), the operator of Vietnam's third oil refinery located ... of hi-tech bituminous products to regional markets. Vung Ro Petroleum joined forces with DenimoTech to construct the bitumen manufacturing plant applying green ... (01/11/2018)
- PMI at 59.7pc ; December Manufacturing ISM Report On Business - Petroleum & Coal Products; Plastics & Rubber Products; Miscellaneous Manufacturing; Food, Beverage & Tobacco Products; Furniture & Related Products; Transportation Equipment; Chemical Products; Fabricated Metal Products; and Electrical Equipment ... (01/10/2018)
- 5 Fidelity Funds To Buy On Phenomenal Manufacturing Data - Miscellaneous Manufacturing; Fabricated Metal Products; Chemical Products; Nonmetallic Mineral Products; Electrical Equipment, Appliances & Components; Transportation Equipment; and Petroleum & Coal Products among others. Moreover, the production sub-index ... (01/05/2018)
- ISM reports strong finish for manufacturing in 2017 - Petroleum & Coal Products; Plastics & Rubber Products; Miscellaneous Manufacturing; Food, Beverage & Tobacco Products; Furniture & Related Products; Transportation Equipment; Chemical Products; Fabricated Metal Products; and Electrical Equipment ... (01/04/2018)
- Nigeria’s Manufacturing Index Sustains Expansion for Nine Months - The Manufacturing Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI ... 15 of the 16 sub-sectors reported growth in the review month in the following order: petroleum and coal products; textile, apparel, leather and footwear; cement; transportation equipment and paper ... (01/04/2018)
- PMI® at 59.7%; December Manufacturing ISM® Report... - Petroleum & Coal Products; Plastics & Rubber Products; Miscellaneous Manufacturing; Food, Beverage & Tobacco Products; Furniture & Related Products; Transportation Equipment; Chemical Products; Fabricated Metal Products; and Electrical Equipment ... (01/03/2018)
- Manufacturing Sector Expands in December - Petroleum & Coal Products; Plastics & Rubber Products; Miscellaneous Manufacturing; Food, Beverage & Tobacco Products; Furniture & Related Products; Transportation Equipment; Chemical Products; Fabricated Metal Products; and Electrical Equipment ... (01/03/2018)
- Manufacturing Grows for the 16th Consecutive Month, According to the December 2017 Manufacturing ISM Report On Business - Petroleum & Coal Products; Plastics & Rubber Products; Miscellaneous Manufacturing; Food, Beverage & Tobacco Products; Furniture & Related Products; Transportation Equipment; Chemical Products; Fabricated Metal Products; and Electrical Equipment ... (01/03/2018)
- Research and Markets: All Other Petroleum and Coal Products Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [2013 Edition] - LLC's new report "All Other Petroleum and Coal Products Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [2013 Edition]" to their offering. The All Other Petroleum and Coal Products Manufacturing Industry report contains the most recent data ... (05/23/2013)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $700,206,039 on Petroleum & Coal Products Manufacturing. It has awarded 26,904 contracts to 823 companies, with an average value of $850,797 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|