|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Pharmaceutical & Medicine Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Pharmaceutical & Medicine Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Pharmaceutical & Medicine Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Pharmaceutical & Medicine Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Pharmaceutical & Medicine Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Pharmaceutical & Medicine Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Pharmaceutical & Medicine Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Pharmaceutical & Medicine Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||8%|
|Business Operations Specialists||7%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||6%|
|Life, Physical, and Social Science Occupations||16%|
|Chemists and Materials Scientists||5%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Other Production Occupations||26%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||8%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||8%|
Pharmaceutical & Medicine Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- India's plan to reduce medicine prices faces industry pushback - The government’s draft policy also called for sweeping changes to improve India’s manufacturing standards and enforcement, increased oversight of the drug price regulator and new rules covering how drugs are marketed. The Indian Pharmaceutical Alliance ... (01/12/2018)
- Biologics, the new class of drugs that’s revolutionising medicine - (Right) STILL DEVELOPING: Biologic drugs have been around for just 20 years or so and now number about 180, according to Dr Gerd Bendas from the Institute for Pharmaceutical Biology ... price is due to their complex manufacturing process – biologics ... (01/11/2018)
- Global Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) Market Research Report 2018 Analysis and Forecast to 2022 - Buy this Report @ https://www.wiseguyreports.com/checkout?currency=one_user-USD&report_id=471768 Wise Guy Reports is part of the Wise Guy Consultants Pvt. Ltd. and offers premium progressive statistical surveying, market research reports, analysis ... (01/10/2018)
- MMJ International Holdings Pursuing Legal FDA Cannabis Medicine Approval - for approval of a new pharmaceutical drug. As a result of FDA application and Terra Life Sciences partnership, MMJ Bioscience now will offer excellence in cannabinoid medicine manufacturing that solves dosing issues by utilizing various delivery systems ... (01/09/2018)
- Aamal, CinnaGen Ilac in deal to import pharmaceutical products from Turkey - Shehata said, 'I am pleased to announce this partnership with a leading pharmaceutical firm such as CinnaGen Ilac. As we reveal this agreement, we express our determination and commitment to secure medicine ... cycle for cable manufacturing that will ... (01/09/2018)
- Kenya launches drugs manufacturing plant to ease imports - "The construction of a local pharmaceutical manufacturing plant will bring significant industrial benefits such as technology transfer and improve access to quality medicine to combat our rising disease burden," said Mohamed. He revealed that the plant to ... (01/08/2018)
- Drugs firm to pump Sh7.5 billion into new manufacturing plant at EPZ - Firm plans Sh7.5b drug plant at EPZ Local pharmaceutical firms ... tablets and 69 million bottles of liquid medicine annually Asian drug firm Square Pharmaceuticals plans to pump Sh7.5 billion into a new manufacturing plant that it is constructing at ... (01/08/2018)
- Iran to Export Medicine to Qatar - As the first and sole Iranian company, CinnaGen Pharmaceutical Group is licensed by EU’s GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) and is the largest and most reliable knowledge-based company in country’s pharmaceutical industry. The Group accounts for 30% of ... (01/05/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $11,058,180,381 on Pharmaceutical & Medicine Manufacturing. It has awarded 35,444 contracts to 985 companies, with an average value of $11,226,579 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.