Photographic Film, Paper, Plate & Chemical Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Photographic Film, Paper, Plate & Chemical Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Photographic Film, Paper, Plate & Chemical Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Photographic Film, Paper, Plate & Chemical Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Photographic Film, Paper, Plate & Chemical Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Photographic Film, Paper, Plate, And Chemical Manufacturing
Photographic Sensitized Film, Plates, Paper, And Cloth, Silver-Halide-Type (Excluding X-Ray)
Sensitized Photographic Film, Plates, Paper, And Cloth, Other Than Silver-Halide-Type (Including X-Ray)
Photographic And Photocopying Equipment Manufacturing
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Photographic Film, Paper, Plate & Chemical Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Photographic Film, Paper, Plate & Chemical Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Photographic Film, Paper, Plate & Chemical Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Photographic Film, Paper, Plate & Chemical Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Photographic Film, Paper, Plate & Chemical Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||11%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||7%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||7%|
|Other Production Occupations||34%|
|Chemical Processing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||7%|
|Chemical Equipment Operators and Tenders||6%|
|Crushing, Grinding, Polishing, Mixing, and Blending Workers||12%|
|Mixing and Blending Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||12%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||5%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||7%|
|Material Moving Workers||5%|
Photographic Film, Paper, Plate & Chemical Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Aluminum foil market forecast to 2021 published by leading research firm - Though these packaging materials are convenient to use, with fewer breakage chances, and cheaper, they are not impervious to leaching of chemicals from lacquers, paper, or film face stocks ... smelting and casting manufacturers mainly depend on energy ... (01/11/2018)
- Awesome tech you can’t buy yet: Better gaming keyboards, wrist phones, and more - Because UniLids are stretchable and elastic, they can fit over just about any bowl, plate, or other serving dish ... but rather an alternative solution to wiping your butt with reams of toilet paper. Specifically, we’re talking about a smart, water ... (01/07/2018)
- The history of camera, rather photography - From a crude process involving chemicals ... of colour photography was the Autochrome plate, the process inventors and brothers Auguste and Louis Lumière commercially introduced was in 1907. The first colour films were produced by manufacturers such ... (11/22/2017)
- Rich Warren: Tape, film haven't faded from our lingo - Film was a ribbon, usually made from acetate, coated with a photo-sensitive emulsion that could be developed in a chemical process as a directly ... In the 1970s, Japanese manufacturers shoved them aside in the consumer tape business. (07/23/2017)
- This Is Why Film Photography Is Making a Comeback - “Our professional film sales have been increasing over the last two or three years,” confirms Dennis Olbrich, president of Kodak Alaris’ imaging, paper, photo chemicals and film ... shooting film,” Almeida tells TIME. “That usually allows them ... (01/26/2017)
- A Snapshot Look At Changes In Photography - You made images on glass plates, you made images on metal plates, sheet iron for tintypes. Eventually you made images on paper ... t have when you shot in film.” On the decline of film photography “The world of chemical-based photography is changing ... (07/13/2015)
- How We’re Shrinking Chemical Labs Onto Optical Fibers - Today’s laboratory technologies require rooms full of temperature-controlled chemicals, analytical machines worth ... like an image being formed on a photographic film. Each rise in the core’s refractive index is called a fringe, and together they ... (03/20/2014)
- Some Great Pinhole Camera Projects You Can Try At Home - Once the photo is taken, you will need to develop the image using appropriate development chemicals for the selected paper type. You can find film and paper at photographic suppliers or on eBay. A third method is to simply use a piece of card – as you ... (07/07/2012)
- An unhappy 'Kodak moment' - The bankruptcy filing of Eastman Kodak Company this week marked the end of a chapter in American manufacturing history ... from the mountain of consumables that went with them: film, chemicals and paper. For most of the 20 t h century, Kodak was one ... (01/20/2012)
- Research and Markets: Photographic and Photocopying Equipment Manufacturing Industry in the US and its International Trade - The Updated 2011 Q3 Edition - This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing photographic ... Its SIC equivalent code is: 3861 - Photographic Equipment and Supplies (except photographic film, paper, plates, and chemicals). The industry's revenue for ... (08/22/2011)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $24,878,355 on Photographic Film, Paper, Plate & Chemical Manufacturing. It has awarded 1,606 contracts to 94 companies, with an average value of $264,663 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Facsimile toner cartridges manufacturing, Driers, photographic chemical, manufacturing, Heat sensitized (i.e., thermal) paper made from purchased paper, Diazo (i.e., whiteprint) paper and cloth, sensitized, Toner cartridges manufacturing, Computer printer toner cartridges manufacturing, Paper, photographic sensitized, Photomasks manufacturing, Toners, electrostatic and photographic, Film, sensitized (e.g., camera, motion picture, X-ray), Photographic chemicals manufacturing, Photosensitized paper manufacturing, Sensitized cloth or paper (e.g., blueprint, photographic) manufacturing, Photographic film, cloth, paper, and plate, Toner cartridges rebuilding, X-ray film and plates, Developers, prepared photographic, Graphic arts plates, Photocopying toner cartridges manufacturing, Motion picture film manufacturing, Fixers, etc.