Pipeline Transportation of Crude Oil Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Pipeline Transportation of Crude Oil
Overview: the U.S. Pipeline Transportation of Crude Oil Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Pipeline Transportation of Crude Oil:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Pipeline Transportation of Crude Oil industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Transportation Of Crude Oil By Pipeline
Transportation Of Refined Petroleum Products (Including Ethylene) By Pipeline
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Pipeline Transportation of Crude Oil Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Pipeline Transportation of Crude Oil companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Pipeline Transportation of Crude Oil company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Pipeline Transportation of Crude Oil industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Pipeline Transportation of Crude Oil measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||11%|
|Business Operations Specialists||8%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||18%|
|Drafters, Engineering Technicians, and Mapping Technicians||5%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||5%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||12%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||9%|
|Industrial Machinery Installation, Repair, and Maintenance Workers||6%|
|Industrial Machinery Mechanics||6%|
|Plant and System Operators||17%|
|Miscellaneous Plant and System Operators||17%|
|Petroleum Pump System Operators, Refinery Operators, and Gaugers||15%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||11%|
|Motor Vehicle Operators||7%|
|Driver/Sales Workers and Truck Drivers||7%|
|Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers||7%|
Pipeline Transportation of Crude Oil Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- EIA forecasts mostly flat crude oil prices and increasing global production through 2019 - supply considerations to transport crude oil to Asia are increasingly part of the price formation for global crude oil benchmarks. EIA estimates that, absent significant pipeline constraints, moving crude oil from Cushing, Oklahoma, to the U.S. Gulf Coast ... (01/12/2018)
- Onshore Oil and Gas Pipeline Market Size, Share, Application, Key Vendor Analysis and Outlook to 2021 - Pipelines associated with the oil and gas business are utilized to transport a multitude of commodities such as crude oil, natural gas, and refined products over various distances. Onshore pipelines are constructed over land and may even stretch across ... (01/10/2018)
- Five Spills, Six Months in Operation: Dakota Access Track Record Highlights Unavoidable Reality — Pipelines Leak - To regulators like Bill Suess, who deals with a crude oil spill nearly every day as ... projects,” Dillinger told The Intercept, but pipelines are the “safest and most environmentally friendly way to transport the oil and gas products we use every ... (01/09/2018)
- Azerbaijan accounts for over 85% of Ukraine’s oil imports - Other countries exported $10 million worth crude to Ukraine in 2017. Ukrtransnafta, operator of Ukraine’s oil transportation system, resumed the operation of the oil pipeline from Odessa to Kremenchug on March 10, 2017 and started the transportation of ... (01/09/2018)
- Plains All American Pipeline, L.P. and Plains GP Holdings Announce Distributions - PAA owns an extensive network of pipeline transportation, terminalling, storage and gathering assets in key crude oil and NGL producing basins and transportation corridors and at major market hubs in the United States and Canada. On average, PAA handles ... (01/08/2018)
- There's a gap in oversight of Colorado's crude-oil pipelines, regulator warns - There is a gap in state oversight of a new type of crude-oil pipeline in Colorado ... At the federal level, the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA), regulates oil pipelines -- but only ... (01/05/2018)
- Pipeline bottlenecks in Canada lead to more crude-by-rail exports to US - US crude prices gained 58 cents ... the $3.8 billion Dakota Access Pipeline has boosted North Dakota's economy and energy sector, helping lower transportation costs for energy companies and increase oil production by 78,000 barrels per day in October ... (01/02/2018)
- Uganda: East African Crude Oil Pipeline - the Inside Story - New details have emerged in the East African Crude Oil Pipeline (EACOP) regarding how it will be financed, run and managed. For starters, Uganda plans to construct a pipeline that will transport its crude oil to the international market through the ... (12/12/2017)
- 5 things to know about the Dakota Access Pipeline - 1. What is the pipeline project? The proposed Dakota Access Pipeline would transport crude oil from North Dakota through South Dakota and Iowa and into Illinois. The pipeline is also known as the Bakken Oil Pipeline, named for the oil-rich area in North ... (08/31/2016)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $1,317,287 on Pipeline Transportation of Crude Oil. It has awarded 3 contracts to 2 companies, with an average value of $658,643 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|