Instant Download - Available immediately
Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Pipeline Transportation
Overview of the U.S. Pipeline Transportation IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Pipeline Transportation: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Pipeline Transportation industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Transportation Of Bulk Natural Gas And Liquefied Natural Gas By Pipeline
Transportation Of Crude Oil By Pipeline
Transportation Of Refined Petroleum Products (Including Ethylene) By Pipeline
Transportation Of Other Liquids And Gases By Pipeline
Sales Of Energy And Resources
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Pipeline Transportation company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Pipeline Transportation industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Pipeline Transportation measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||8%|
|Business Operations Specialists||8%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||10%|
|Drafters, Engineering Technicians, and Mapping Technicians||5%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||15%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||13%|
|Industrial Machinery Installation, Repair, and Maintenance Workers||9%|
|Industrial Machinery Mechanics||8%|
|Plant and System Operators||22%|
|Miscellaneous Plant and System Operators||22%|
|Gas Plant Operators||9%|
|Petroleum Pump System Operators, Refinery Operators, and Gaugers||12%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||11%|
|Motor Vehicle Operators||7%|
|Driver/Sales Workers and Truck Drivers||7%|
|Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers||7%|
|Material Moving Workers||7%|
|Pumping Station Operators||6%|
|Gas Compressor and Gas Pumping Station Operators||6%|
Pipeline Transportation Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Texas Gas Transmission|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- India to expand Urja Ganga gas pipeline project to cover more states - The Indian government has announced its plans to extend the 2,655km long Pradhan Mantri Urja Ganga gas pipeline project to cover the North Eastern states. Indian Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Dharmendra Pradhan said that the aim of the pipeline ... (01/12/2018)
- Sui Northern Gas Pipelines : Transportation Services. - 01/01 SUI NORTHERN GAS PIPELINES: Ditching, Backfilling, 3rd Segment- 0.94 KM out of .. 01/01 SUI NORTHERN GAS PIPELINES: Ditching, Backfilling, Laying of PE Pipe And Bricks.. 01/01 SUI NORTHERN GAS PIPELINES: Supply of Vx Rail. 01/01 SUI NORTHERN GAS ... (12/29/2017)
- NNPC to Fund New Gas Pipeline Projects with Transportation Tariff - The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has indicated that up to 1000 kilometres (km) of new gas lines that would be added to Nigeria’s gas line network would be funded through a new framework of contractor financing and then their ... (12/04/2017)
- Trump appointees approve two major pipelines to transport fracked gas - Federal regulators approved two major natural gas pipelines that would transport fracked gas through Virginia, although one of the agency’s commissioners issued a surprise vote against construction of both pipelines. President Donald Trump’s two ... (10/13/2017)
- Dakota Oil Pipeline Is Safest Method of Transport - Efforts to reduce America’s use of traditional carbon-based energy such as coal, oil, and natural gas go beyond regulations aimed at increasing the cost of development and use of these fuels. Environmental activists and their political allies are also ... (11/15/2016)
- What to Know About the Dakota Access Pipeline Protests - Here’s what you need to know: What is the Dakota Access Pipeline? The pipeline is to be built by Texas-based Energy Transfer Partners and is designed to transport as many as 570,000 barrels of crude oil daily from North Dakota to Illinois. The pipeline ... (10/28/2016)
- 5 things to know about the Dakota Access Pipeline - 1. What is the pipeline project? The proposed Dakota Access Pipeline would transport crude oil from North Dakota through South Dakota and Iowa and into Illinois. The pipeline is also known as the Bakken Oil Pipeline, named for the oil-rich area in North ... (08/31/2016)
- Keystone XL oil pipeline: What you need to know about the dispute - Oil companies needed a quick way to transport the oil to refineries on the Gulf Coast, and they argue that a pipeline is the quickest, cheapest, safest way. TransCanada Corp., a Calgary-based energy infrastructure firm, hopes to extend a 36-inch-wide ... (03/07/2015)
- Overview: Plains All American Pipeline’s transportation segment - Must-know: An investor's guide to Plains All American Pipeline (Part 2 of 12) (Continued from Part 1) Transportation segment The assets under Plains All American Pipeline, L.P.’s (PAA) transportation segment include: Pipeline and storage assets’ areas ... (09/15/2014)
- Trucks, Trains, or Pipelines – The Best Way to Transport Petroleum - The U.S. is the most fully developed petroleum transport nation – we have crude oil, natural gas, gasoline, and diesel and jet fuel in transit 24/7/365 – mostly in pipelines. Lives lost are rare and environmental damage while awful at leak locations is ... (08/13/2013)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $2,092,491 on Pipeline Transportation. It has awarded 21 contracts to 12 companies, with an average value of $174,374 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|