|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Postal Service
Overview of the U.S. Postal Service IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Postal Service: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Postal Service Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Postal Service companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Postal Service company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Postal Service industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Postal Service measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||0%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||86%|
|Material Recording, Scheduling, Dispatching, and Distributing Workers||83%|
|Postal Service Workers||82%|
|Postal Service Clerks||12%|
|Postal Service Mail Carriers||50%|
|Postal Service Mail Sorters, Processors, and Processing Machine Operators||20%|
Postal Service Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|United States Postal Service||1354|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- U.S. Postal Service vehicle flips over in Ellsworth Township - Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window) Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window) Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window) ELLSWORTH TWP., Ohio (WKBN) – As the rain turned to sleet Friday ... (01/12/2018)
- Driver Ejected As Postal Service Truck Rolls Into Ditch - Officials with the Colorado State Patrol say the driver of a postal service truck was falling asleep at the wheel when he crashed. (01/12/2018)
- A National Park Service photographer follows in the footsteps of Ansel Adams - The large-format images capture historically important buildings with care — and just the right light. The photographer had to prepare early to capture the sunrise at Cape Lookout National Seashore in North Carolina and its signature lighthouse. Jarob ... (01/12/2018)
- There's more than one reason the Postal Service is losing money - The views expressed by contributors are their own and not the view of The Hill Listening to President Trump Donald John Trump House Democrat slams Donald Trump Jr. for ‘serious case of amnesia’ after testimony Skier Lindsey Vonn: I don’t want to ... (01/12/2018)
- Police: Tulsa fraud suspect had master postal service key - TULSA, Okla. – Tulsa police say one of two people arrested this week in a money fraud case was in possession of a special key that can open outgoing mail boxes in the city. A probable cause affidavit said the pair cashed stolen money orders worth ... (01/12/2018)
- Norway’s postal service could become a rarer sight with downgrade proposed - The cutbacks could cost 2,500 jobs, reports news agency NTB. A steep decrease in the volume of post sent by Norwegians is cited as the reason for the potential cuts to postal services, writes the agency. Reduced demand means the cost of maintaining ... (01/12/2018)
- Postal Service issues Year of the Dog stamp for Lunar New Year - Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window) Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window) Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window) Feb. 16, 2018 ushers in the Year of the Dog and to celebrate, the U.S ... (01/12/2018)
- Big Arm postal services diverted after fire - A fire damaged the Big Arm Post Office late Tuesday night forcing postal services to be diverted to the Elmo facility until further notice. The Polson Rural Fire District responded to the incident at 11:03 p.m. Tuesday. Fire Chief Gordon Gieser and 23 ... (01/10/2018)
- Postal workers: Aggressive turkeys preventing mail service - Mail carriers in a suburb of Cleveland say aggressive turkeys have thwarted mail delivery services to two dozen homes. The Associated Press reports residents have been picking up their mail at the post office because carriers have cited "unsafe conditions ... (01/10/2018)
- Postal carriers say aggressive turkeys stopping mail service - ROCKY RIVER, Ohio (AP) — Postal carriers say a rafter of aggressive wild turkeys have prevented them from delivering mail to more than two dozen homes in a Cleveland suburb. Cleveland.com reports residents on a number of streets in Rocky River have had ... (01/10/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $52,551,963 on Postal Service. It has awarded 710 contracts to 86 companies, with an average value of $611,069 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.