Power & Communication Line Construction Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Power & Communication Line Construction
Overview of the U.S. Power & Communication Line Construction IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Power & Communication Line Construction: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Construction Services BreakdownThe following products and services account for the largest source of revenues in the Power & Communication Line Construction industry. Note that there are multiple levels of classification, so some line items are contained within other lines.
|Type of Construction||Total Sales ($ millions)||New Construction ($ millions)||Additions, Alterations, and Reconstruction ($ millions)||Maintenance & Repair ($ millions)|
Building construction, total
Nonbuilding construction, total
Highways, streets, and related work, such as public sidewalks, curbs, guardrails and signs
Sewers, water mains, and related facilities
Sewers, sewer lines, septic systems, and related facilities
Water mains, storage, wells, and related facilities
Oil and gas pipelines, pumping stations, storage tanks, and mains
Power and communication transmission lines, cables, towers, and related facilities
Other nonbuilding construction
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Power & Communication Line Construction company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Power & Communication Line Construction industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Power & Communication Line Construction measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||7%|
|Construction and Extraction Occupations||37%|
|Supervisors of Construction and Extraction Workers||6%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Construction Trades and Extraction Workers||6%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Construction Trades and Extraction Workers||6%|
|Construction Trades Workers||29%|
|Construction Equipment Operators||7%|
|Operating Engineers and Other Construction Equipment Operators||7%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||38%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||32%|
|Line Installers and Repairers||28%|
|Electrical Power-Line Installers and Repairers||18%|
|Telecommunications Line Installers and Repairers||10%|
Power & Communication Line Construction Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Osmose Utilities Services||28|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Hitachi Automotive Systems and Clarion Announce the Development of "Park-by-Memory" - Hitachi is focusing more than ever on the Social Innovation Business, which includes power & infrastructure systems, information & telecommunication systems, construction machinery, high functional materials & components, automotive systems, healthcare and ... (01/11/2018)
- Technics SP-10R and SL-1000R Direct Drive Turntables Announced - In addition, the communication ... the SP-10MK2 power unit for trouble-free replacement. The Technics SL-1000R system features an S-type universal tonearm with a lightweight, high damping magnesium tonearm pipe. The gimbal suspension construction tonearm ... (01/10/2018)
- Frontier relocating power lines; Bryan city project to resume soon - overhead power lines were to be moved underground. Bryan Texas Utilities put its new lines underground in July, and Suddenlink Communications followed in the fall. Frontier Communications, though, had wanted the city to pay $247,344 for the relocation work ... (01/07/2018)
- L&T Construction wins orders worth INR 1454 crores - L&T Construction ... independent power transmission player, has once again reposed faith in L&T by awarding an order for a major project involving engineering, procurement and construction of 765kV, 400kV and 220kV Transmission Lines associated with ... (01/04/2018)
- Jessup plant two-thirds complete, opponents gaining power - JESSUP — The wind blows more than it doesn’t on the hillside where 1,000 well-bundled workers are building one of the largest natural gas power plants in the state. “Power plant construction ... “train,” the line of equipment used to make ... (01/04/2018)
- N/Assembly, stakeholders extend local content to construction, power sectors - MEMBERS of the House of Representatives are collaborating with stakeholders in Power, Construction and Information Communication Technology sectors ... Nigerian Content Act to other sectors was in line with the Federal Government’s Executive Order ... (01/02/2018)
- DANC helps NYPA with new communication systems - ... in the spring and complete construction by fall. Mr. Wolf said DANC will install the primarily overhead line into the existing communications backbone and into NYPA’s offices throughout the region, but the power authority will connect the cable to ... (12/22/2017)
- How Power Lines Could Help Lead To Peace In Kashmir - Along India’s violence-prone northern border, engineers and construction workers are ... chief executive officer of Sterlite Power Transmission Ltd., which is building the state’s first private transmission line. “We have been getting incredible ... (12/08/2017)
- Power line project routes revised, more meetings set - "PJM is the independent regional transmission operator for parts of 13 states, including Pennsylvania and Maryland and they determined the project need and benefit, selected Transource's solution to alleviate the congestion and awarded construction of the ... (07/26/2017)
- Research and Markets: China Smart Grid Power Line Communication (PLC) Industry Report, 2010-2011 - PLC (Power Line Communication) refers to the transmitting of data or ... State Grid Corporation of China plans a projection of about RMB 80 billion for the construction of the power information collection system in its 27 provincial branches during 2011 ... (06/08/2011)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $408,484,828 on Power & Communication Line Construction. It has awarded 1,560 contracts to 413 companies, with an average value of $989,067 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Co-generation plant construction, Power line stringing, Underground cable (e.g., cable television, electricity, telephone) laying, Substation and switching station, power transmission line, construction, Alternative energy (e.g., geothermal, ocean wave, solar, wind) structure construction, Power plant (except hydroelectric) construction, Communication antenna construction, Transmission and distribution line construction, Electric light and power plant (except hydroelectric) construction, Thermal power plant construction, Cellular phone tower construction, Telephone line stringing, Radio transmitting tower construction, Utility line (i.e., communication, electric power), Communication tower construction, Nuclear power plant construction, Satellite receiving station construction, Solar power structure construction, Tower, power distribution and communication, Microwave relay tower construction, Television transmitting tower construction, Pole line construction, Telephone line construction, Electric power transmission line and tower construction, Transformer station and substation, electric power, Fiber optic cable transmission line construction, Electricity generating plant (except hydroelectric) construction, Wind power structure construction, Cable laying (e.g., marine, telephone), including underground, Construction management, power and communication transmission line, etc.