Printing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Printing
Overview: the U.S. Printing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Printing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Printing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Printing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Printing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Printing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Printing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||6%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||19%|
|Information and Record Clerks||6%|
|Printing Press Operators||22%|
|Print Binding and Finishing Workers||9%|
|Other Production Occupations||10%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||6%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||7%|
|Material Moving Workers||6%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||5%|
Printing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Nthdegree Technologies Worldwide||153|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- UNIZ Introduces UDP 3D Printing Technology and New SLA 3D Printers at CES 2018: Exclusive Interview - Two years ago, San Diego-based UNIZ Technology burst onto the 3D printing scene, touting a high-speed stereolithography (SLA) 3D printer, the SLASH. Introduced at CES 2016, the company’s first 3D printer came to Kickstarter that March in what would be a ... (01/12/2018)
- Danish Technological Institute to open $14M 3D printing center aimed at SMEs - The Danish Technological Institute in Taastrup will be launching a new 3D printing project worth about $14.3 million (88 million kr.) aimed at encouraging small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) to adopt additive manufacturing technologies and exploit ... (01/12/2018)
- Interview: Raise3D CEO on how to run a 3D printing business - How do you run a 3D printing business and what are some of the important strategic events coming up? In this article an experienced 3D printing industry leader gives insights into the future of 3D printing and how to benefit from it. Raise3D occupies a ... (01/12/2018)
- New report examines the 3D printing of metals market - The swift rise in urbanization and the significant increase in the disposable income of people are likely to maintain the demand pace of 3D printing metals in 2018 and in the near future. - Agency -. The market for Global 3D Printing Of Metals Market ... (01/12/2018)
- Shanghai International Digital Printing Industry Fair presents interview with EFI Reggiani - SHANGHAI, Jan. 12, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- The 9 th Shanghai International Digital Printing Industry Fair (TPF 2018, www.cstpf.com) will be held from the 19 th to the 21 st of April, 2018, in Shanghai New International Expo Centre. TPF 2018 is organized by ... (01/12/2018)
- Nano/micro 3-D printing is capable of generating complex, minute components. - Traditional manufacturing faces significant challenges when tasked with quickly creating small components that involve highly complex, minute, precision-crafted structures—items such as miniature connectors and micro-lenses for endoscopes. All these ... (01/12/2018)
- 3D Concrete Printing Market Quadruples by 2023 at a ~14.05% Of Whooping CAGR; Asserts MRFR - 3D concrete printing is an advanced and innovative method used in construction to design building components with the help of 3D concrete printers. The printing of buildings has a lot of advantages when compared to traditional construction methods. (01/12/2018)
- 3D-Printing, Cryogenics Create Soft Tissue To Replicate Brain, Lungs, Regenerate Damaged Parts - With the use of cryogenics and 3D-printing techniques, a team of researchers has come up with a means to make soft tissue structures that replicate soft organs like the human brain and lungs. The resulting product can then be used for medical procedures ... (01/12/2018)
- 2018 MINI As Personal Gadget: Tech Advanced With Novel 3D Printing - MINI cars will be tech savvy and connected from Spring. The next-generation of this quintessential urban runaround, immortalized by the unforgettable car chase scene in the 1969 Italian Job and revitalized under BMW Group ownership, are benefiting from the ... (01/12/2018)
- French publishing house suspends printing of WWII-era anti-Semitic essays - Editions Gallimard announced Thursday the suspension of its plan to publish three Holocaust-era essays by the author Louis-Ferdinand Destouches, also known as Celine, the French news agency Agence France-Presse reported. “The methodological and ... (01/11/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $51,030,440 on Printing. It has awarded 2,906 contracts to 505 companies, with an average value of $101,050 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|