Private Mail Centers Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Private Mail Centers
Overview of the U.S. Private Mail Centers IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Private Mail Centers: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Private Mail Centers industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Copying And Reproduction Services
Postal And Shipping Services And Mailbox Rentals
Mail Presorting Services And Address Barcoding
Packaging And Labeling Services
Resale Of Merchandise
All Other Receipts
All Other Operating Receipts
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Private Mail Centers company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Private Mail Centers industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Private Mail Centers measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||23%|
|Other Sales and Related Workers||16%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||60%|
|Bill and Account Collectors||11%|
|Bill and Account Collectors||11%|
|Information and Record Clerks||31%|
|Customer Service Representatives||29%|
|Customer Service Representatives||29%|
|Other Office and Administrative Support Workers||8%|
Private Mail Centers Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Trinity Technical Group||2|
|Rto Management Group|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Tower Park adds co-working space in Oyster Point near City Center - Work/Place at Oyster Point has 22 private offices ... and lunch spot had closed its 694 Town Center Drive location. Bozick can be reached by phone at 757-247-4741. Sign up for a free weekday business news email at TidewaterBiz.com or follow @TidewaterBiz. (01/11/2018)
- Trillium Launches European Operations & Development Center - With the new facility joining US and Asian centers to provide global coverage, Trillium is now capable of providing real-time global protection for the millions of commercial, public and private vehicles ... Please contact [email protected] to schedule ... (01/11/2018)
- Trump signs bill to provide fentanyl screening equipment at borders, ports, postal facilities - Ohio in 2016 was second in the nation, outpaced only by West Virginia, in drug overdose deaths, according to Centers for ... implications on mail and commerce. Since then, postal and State Department officials have said that unlike private services ... (01/10/2018)
- Obama Defends Presidential Center After It Was Panned as ‘Socially Regressive’ - In an email Wednesday morning from ... whose reallocation for private development has drawn anger from the community the Foundation claims it intends to serve. The Obamas want the Center to be an "economic engine for Chicago and the South Side," according ... (01/10/2018)
- EXCLUSIVE: Huma Abedin flees her troubles for $1,000-a-night Hawaiian resort as NYC court hears she and jailed pervert husband Weiner have decided to divorce in private - The judge sent Weiner to prison for 21 months and he is now at the Federal Medical Center ... State Department used multiple email addresses – including one official State Department account, and another on Clinton's private email server located at ... (01/10/2018)
- Data centers - online email communications, domestic messaging services and all communications between government and non-government organizations and users inside Iran. The data centers were privatized under the Rouhani administration, but again, the term private sector ... (01/08/2018)
- Emerson's Steinberg Wellness Center for Mind and Body Now Open - The brand new center features three beautiful, modern studios and a classroom with all-natural bamboo flooring for comfort and durability, private therapy rooms for ... please visit www.emersonwellness.org, email EmersonWellness@emersonhosp.org or call ... (01/08/2018)
- Private prison company pursuing Wyoming immigration detention center has troubled past - Leaders in southwest Wyoming appear willing to overlook the troubled history of a private prison company attempting ... company spokesman Issa Arnita said in an email. If built, the center would house approximately 600 detainees for the Salt Lake City ... (01/07/2018)
- Some People Getting A Charge Out Of Using Private Postal Centers - Many post offices do not have empty lockboxes available for rent, and this has led to the growth of private postal centers. Entrepreneurs have established storefront locations where a variety of services are offered, in addition to the receipt of mail. (12/15/1985)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $22,782,118 on Private Mail Centers. It has awarded 190 contracts to 41 companies, with an average value of $555,661 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Growth Opportunities / Competitive ThreatsCompanies in other industries may also sell similar products. Since there is an overlap in the customer base, there may be an opportunity for companies in Private Mail Centers to sell additional products/services offered by these adjacent industries. Alternatively, these industries may identify further products in this industry to target. Products most at risk are those with the highest profit margins and lowest barriers to entry.
The following industries are competing channels for sales of similar products/services.
Packaging & Labeling Services
|Competing Industry||Sales Relative to Private Mail Centers||Opportunity/Threat|
|Packaging & Labeling Services|
|Business Service Centers|
|Document Preparation Services||Competing industry|
Sales from other industries of Packaging & Labeling Services are less than those from Private Mail Centers. This may mean that other channels are a competitive risk of increasing their Packaging & Labeling Services sales, taking market share from this industry.
Packaging & Labeling Services Product Sales Report
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Parcel mailing services combined with one or more other office support services, private, Mailbox rental services combined with one or more other office support services, Mailbox rental centers, Private mailbox rental centers, Private mail centers, Parcel mailing services, etc.