|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Processed Meat
Overview of the U.S. Processed Meat IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Processed Meat: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Processed Meat industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Animal (Except Poultry) Slaughtering
Meat Processed From Carcasses
Pork, Processed Or Cured, Not Canned Or Made Into Sausage, Made From Purchased Carcasses
Sausage And Similar Products, Excluding Canned, Made From Purchased Carcasses
Canned Meats (Excluding Dog, Cat, And Baby Food), Made From Purchased Carcasses
Other Processed, Frozen, Or Cooked Meats, Made From Purchased Carcasses
Meat Processed From Carcasses, Not Categorized, Total
Processed Poultry And Small Game (Excluding Soups), Containing 20 Percent Or More Poultry Or Meat
Mayonnaise, Dressing, And Other Prepared Sauce Manufacturing
Perishable Prepared Food Manufacturing
Perishable Prepared Foods
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Processed Meat Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Processed Meat companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Processed Meat company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Processed Meat industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Processed Meat measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||0%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Food Processing Workers||47%|
|Butchers and Other Meat, Poultry, and Fish Processing Workers||40%|
|Meat, Poultry, and Fish Cutters and Trimmers||21%|
|Slaughterers and Meat Packers||17%|
|Miscellaneous Food Processing Workers||7%|
|Other Production Occupations||15%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||6%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||16%|
|Material Moving Workers||14%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||12%|
Processed Meat Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Creminelli Fine Meats||36|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- As a wildlife-killing disease spreads in Montana, big game hunting may never be the same - When they die, the infected animals’ carcasses leach prions ... The hunter decided to throw the meat away, but still had to pay the processing fee, which Wagler said he discounted out of pity. A normally processed deer costs $125. The one that was ... (01/11/2018)
- Retiring meat industry leader goes farming - Initially a sales and marketing company, Anzco did not own a meat slaughter plant until it had been in business 10 years. Instead it contract-processed through five plants in Korea, cutting and repackaging New Zealand sheep carcasses for Japan and Taiwan. (01/10/2018)
- Research and Markets: U.S. Meat Processed From Carcasses Market - Analysis And Forecast to 2020 - has announced the addition of the "U.S. Meat Processed From Carcasses Market - Analysis And Forecast to 2020" report to their offering. The report provides an in-depth analysis of the U.S. Meat Processed From Carcasses market. It presents the latest data ... (11/25/2015)
- Wyoming Game and Fish donates meat from poached pronghorn - Yellowstone Meat Processing in Casper processed the carcasses for free and Game and Fish on Wednesday donated the meat to four local families. “Having that processed, it really helped out a lot of people,” said Game and Fish spokeswoman Janet Milek. (10/08/2015)
- Thousands are duped by goat meat sold as lamb: Bosses appear in court after 'vast number of carcasses' were labelled as shanks and mutton - Thousands of consumers are feared to have unknowingly eaten foreign goat meat believing it was British lamb after being deceived by businessmen. Colin Patterson, 44, and Dafydd Raw-Rees, 67, processed 'a vast number of goat carcasses' bought from an ... (05/18/2015)
- Slaughterhouse staff indicted over meat from cows with cancer - This included directing employees to carve "USDA Condemned" stamps out of certain cow carcasses and to process them for ... Massive recall Between January 2013 and January 2014, Rancho processed and distributed meat from approximately 101 condemned cattle ... (08/19/2014)
- Meat From Shuttered Petaluma Plant Was Sold Through Fast Food Retailers Including Jack In The Box - PETALUMA (CBS SF) – It appears Jack In The Box and other fast food restaurants were among the retailers who received meat that originated at a Petaluma meat company that was shut down last month after the USDA said the slaughterhouse processed diseased ... (03/20/2014)
- Let Them Eat Carcass - Pre-packaged and heavily processed, it might be described in the scientific literature as "formulated foodstuffs." One common commercial feline diet consists of ground whole-carcass horsemeat along with an array of vitamins and minerals. Think of the meat ... (01/03/2014)
- Horse Meat Scandal: Test Results Due On British Processed Meals - Ms Brown said: "That would say there has been a significant amount of carcasses with bute going into the food chain for some time." However tests on Findus processed beef products withdrawn from sale in the UK after the discovery of traces of horse meat ... (02/15/2013)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $5,801,033 on Processed Meat. It has awarded 394 contracts to 54 companies, with an average value of $107,427 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Collagen sausage casings made from purchased hides, Smoked meats made from purchased carcasses, Hams, preserved (except poultry), made from purchased carcasses, Pastrami made from purchased carcasses, Salted meats made from purchased carcasses, Sausage casings, collagen, made from purchased hides, Pig's feet, cooked and pickled, Pork, primal and sub-primal cuts, Meats (except poultry), cured or smoked, Luncheon meat (except poultry) made from purchased carcasses, Lamb, Meats, fresh or chilled (except poultry and small game), frozen, Frozen meat pies (i.e., tourtires) made from purchased carcasses, Dried meats made from purchased carcasses, Corned meats made from purchases carcasses, Cooked meats made from purchased carcasses, Boxed meat produced from purchased carcasses, Veal, Bologna made from purchased carcasses, Meat canning (except baby, pet food, poultry), Bacon, slab and sliced, Processed meats manufacturing, Potted meats made from purchased carcasses, Sausage and similar cased products made from purchased carcasses, Beef stew made from purchased carcasses, Variety meats, edible organs, made from purchased meats, Boxed beef made from purchased carcasses, Meat products canning (except baby, poultry) made from purchased carcasses, Sandwich spreads, meat, canned, Meat extracts made from purchased carcasses, Hot dogs (except poultry) made from purchased carcasses, Beef, Cured meats (e.g., brined, dried, and salted) made from purchased carcasses, etc.