Pulp, Paper & Paperboard Mills Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Pulp, Paper & Paperboard Mills
Overview of the U.S. Pulp, Paper & Paperboard Mills IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Pulp, Paper & Paperboard Mills: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Pulp, Paper & Paperboard Mills Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Pulp, Paper & Paperboard Mills companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Pulp, Paper & Paperboard Mills company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Pulp, Paper & Paperboard Mills industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Pulp, Paper & Paperboard Mills measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||7%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||16%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||13%|
|Industrial Machinery Installation, Repair, and Maintenance Workers||9%|
|Industrial Machinery Mechanics||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||41%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||27%|
|Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||20%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||9%|
|Material Moving Workers||8%|
Pulp, Paper & Paperboard Mills Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Graphic Packaging International||370|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- PaperWorks invests $3M in warehouse for Wabash paperboard mill - Jan. 15, 2018 - PaperWorks Industries has invested US$3 million in a new warehouse for its Wabash, Ind., paperboard mill. The new facility is expected to be operational during the first quarter of 2018. The 44,500-square-foot addition to the company’s ... (01/15/2018)
- International Paper completes transfer of its North America Consumer Packaging business to Graphic Packaging - two coated paperboard mills and three converting facilities in the U.S., along with one converting facility in the U.K. International Paper is a leading global producer of renewable fiber-based packaging, pulp and paper products with manufacturing ... (01/02/2018)
- International Paper Completes Transfer of Their North America Consumer Packaging Business to Graphic Packaging - two coated paperboard mills and three converting facilities in the U.S., along with one converting facility in the U.K. About International Paper International Paper (IP) is a leading global producer of renewable fiber-based packaging, pulp and paper ... (01/02/2018)
- Paper & Paper Products Stocks' Research Reports Released on Domtar, Fibria Celulose, Black Knight, and KapStone Paper and Packaging - corrugated and paperboard containers, coated papers, and paper bags. All you have to do is sign up today for this free limited time offer by clicking the link below. www.wallstequities.com/registration Domtar Last Friday, shares in Fort Mill, South ... (01/02/2018)
- Maine’s once-strong paper mills continued skid in 2015 - Maine’s paper manufacturing industry employed nearly 13,000 people as recently as the early 2000s. The Maine Pulp and Paper Association said it now employs 6,150. There are fewer than half as many mills in ... 2014 for paper and paperboard capacity. (01/02/2016)
- Lewiston pulp mill gets 'solid' results in second quarter - The net earnings for this year's second quarter were $800,000 higher than the same time last year, according to a news release issued Wednesday by Clearwater Paper. Consumer products and pulp and paperboard both delivered "solid" results, according to the ... (07/24/2014)
- From APP’s pulp mill to the ends of the Earth - Ningbo Zhonghua and Ningbo Asia Pulp and Paper. The ninth company for which specific products have not yet been definitively identified is The Univenus.  APP (2010): 36. Official Chinese customs data show that APP China's paperboard mills import ... (04/01/2012)
- Research and Markets: Pulp & Paper Mills - 2011 Report - The Industry Is Highly Concentrated: The Top 20 Companies Account For 75 Percent of Revenue - Executive Summary Brief Excerpt from Industry Overview Chapter: The US pulp, paper, and paperboard mill industry consists of about 250 companies with combined annual revenue of about $75 billion. Major companies include Wausau Paper and units of integrated ... (09/07/2011)
- ABB Wins $50-Million Pulp and Paper Order from Australia - has won an order worth $50 million from Visy Pulp and Paper Pty. Ltd. to supply power and automation systems for a new paperboard production line at the company's Tumut mill in New South Wales, Australia. The new line will more than double the mill's ... (01/25/2008)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $170,089,842 on Pulp, Paper & Paperboard Mills. It has awarded 1,609 contracts to 127 companies, with an average value of $1,339,290 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.