|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Refined Petroleum Pipeline Transportation
Overview of the U.S. Refined Petroleum Pipeline Transportation IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Refined Petroleum Pipeline Transportation: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Refined Petroleum Pipeline Transportation industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Transportation Of Crude Oil By Pipeline
Transportation Of Refined Petroleum Products (Including Ethylene) By Pipeline
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Refined Petroleum Pipeline Transportation Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Refined Petroleum Pipeline Transportation companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Refined Petroleum Pipeline Transportation company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Refined Petroleum Pipeline Transportation industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Refined Petroleum Pipeline Transportation measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||7%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||8%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||14%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||12%|
|Industrial Machinery Installation, Repair, and Maintenance Workers||10%|
|Industrial Machinery Mechanics||9%|
|Plant and System Operators||34%|
|Miscellaneous Plant and System Operators||34%|
|Petroleum Pump System Operators, Refinery Operators, and Gaugers||32%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||11%|
|Motor Vehicle Operators||6%|
|Driver/Sales Workers and Truck Drivers||6%|
|Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers||5%|
Refined Petroleum Pipeline Transportation Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- MPLX LP: MPLX LP to announce 2017 fourth-quarter and full-year financial results Feb. 1 - and the transportation, storage and distribution of crude oil and refined petroleum products through a marine fleet and approximately 10,000 miles of crude oil and light product pipelines. Headquartered in Findlay, Ohio, MPLX's assets consist of a network ... (01/11/2018)
- Magellan Midstream to Expand Texas Refined Petroleum Products Pipeline System - TULSA, Okla., Sept. 6, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Magellan Midstream Partners, L.P. (MMP) announced today plans to expand its refined petroleum products pipeline system to handle incremental demand for transportation of gasoline, diesel fuel and jet fuel to ... (09/06/2017)
- 35-mile petroleum pipeline approved for southeast Michigan - The Michigan Public Services commission has approved a plan for a pipeline that will carry up to 90,000 barrels of refined petroleum through southeast ... Wolverine is a Portage-based pipeline transportation service company. Its 67 employees help operate ... (01/22/2016)
- Statistics Canada : Pipeline transportation of crude oil and refined petroleum products, June 2015 - Canadian pipeline net receipts of crude oil and condensates, and other liquefied petroleum products totalled 31.9 million cubic metres in June, edging up 1.4% from the same month last year. In June, receipts from fields (up 1.2% to 8.3 million cubic metres ... (08/20/2015)
- Plan to build petroleum pipeline through SC and Ga hits significant roadblocks - Houston-based Kinder Morgan has said pipelines are the safest and most environmentally sound way to transport refined petroleum products. What’s more, its safety and environmental performance, in operating thousands of miles of pipelines, is ... (07/30/2015)
- Georgia DOT rejects Palmetto Pipeline for refined petroleum - ATLANTA (AP) - A Georgia transportation official has denied ... citing concerns from landowners. The pipeline would hook into an existing network carrying refined petroleum from points in Louisiana, Mississippi and South Carolina to markets in Savannah ... (05/19/2015)
- Magellan Midstream Partners leasing petroleum pipeline, storage in Arkansas and Missouri - A subsidiary of Tulsa-based Magellan Midstream Partners LP has entered a 10-year lease agreement on pipeline transport and refined petroleum storage from Mt. Vernon, Mo., to Rogers, Ark. The deal reported Wednesday by Magellan will include capacity leases ... (01/29/2014)
- Nigeria: Petroleum Products Supply and Distribution Through Pipelines and Trucks - Pipelines should by far remain the most important form of bulk transport of refined petroleum products within the Nigerian State .Transfer from refineries or from ports to storage terminals by pipeline must be increased. Other important forms of bulk ... (01/05/2012)
- Centennial Pipeline announces beginning of full operation - ... Centennial Pipeline on Friday announced its interstate pipeline is targeted for full operation by April 1, and it is now accepting nominations for the transportation of refined petroleum products from the U.S. Gulf Coast to the Midwest. "The ... (03/15/2002)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $69,884 on Refined Petroleum Pipeline Transportation. It has awarded 4 contracts to 2 companies, with an average value of $34,942 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Booster pumping station, refined petroleum products transportation, Petroleum pipelines, refined, Natural gas liquids pipeline transportation, Gasoline pipeline transportation, Pipeline transportation, gasoline and other refined petroleum products, Refined petroleum products pipeline transportation, etc.
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.