Instant Download - Available immediately
Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Sand, Gravel, Clay & Ceramic Mining & Quarrying
Overview of the U.S. Sand, Gravel, Clay & Ceramic Mining & Quarrying IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Sand, Gravel, Clay & Ceramic Mining & Quarrying: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Sand, Gravel, Clay & Ceramic Mining & Quarrying Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Sand, Gravel, Clay & Ceramic Mining & Quarrying companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Sand, Gravel, Clay & Ceramic Mining & Quarrying company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Sand, Gravel, Clay & Ceramic Mining & Quarrying industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Sand, Gravel, Clay & Ceramic Mining & Quarrying measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Construction and Extraction Occupations||31%|
|Construction Trades Workers||14%|
|Construction Equipment Operators||11%|
|Operating Engineers and Other Construction Equipment Operators||11%|
|Mining Machine Operators||7%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||10%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Other Production Occupations||9%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||28%|
|Motor Vehicle Operators||11%|
|Driver/Sales Workers and Truck Drivers||11%|
|Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers||11%|
|Material Moving Workers||15%|
|Dredge, Excavating, and Loading Machine Operators||9%|
|Excavating and Loading Machine and Dragline Operators||8%|
Sand, Gravel, Clay & Ceramic Mining & Quarrying Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|U. S. Silica||48|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- General Mineral Mining Market Global Briefing 2017 - Research and Markets - The general mineral mining industry includes establishments involved in mining construction sand and gravel, industrial sand, kaolin and ball clay, clay and ceramic and refractory minerals. This market also includes companies carrying out potash ... (01/03/2018)
- Blue holes attract, but hidden hazards can kill - An unmarked road off Leipzig Avenue leads to an old sand quarry, where mining pits are filled with rainwater ... their steep sides a mix of soft silt, clay and gravel. The dangerous conditions can create situations where the township’s all-volunteer ... (06/23/2017)
- Govt’s sand mining guidelines shift focus on alternative sources - New Delhi: To promote sustainable sand mining, the Union environment ministry has suggested tapping “alternative sources of sand and gravel” like sand that ... “Recycled building and quarry dust material can be a substitute for sand. (06/13/2016)
- Worry over Cross River’s untapped goldmines - Others are quartz, barite, diamond, graphite, pyrite, talc schist, rutile, tourmaline, amethyst, spring water, granite, bentonite, clay and iron ore ... Yakurr and Obanliku; and sand/gravel, which is all over the state. Mining of limestone and granite ... (07/25/2014)
- Valley dust storms on their own unlikely to cause silicosis - Is it possible to get silicosis from the dust storms we ... stuff found in sand, rock and ores such as quartz, and it is found in a lot of things. People who do sandblasting, mining, quarrying, some construction jobs and even pottery work are especially ... (04/11/2014)
- Prairie Oil Field Services Ltd. Signs Agreement to Purchase 160-Acre Quarry to Increase and Diversify Product Line - The quarry will provide Prairie Oil Field with new opportunities to expand its existing quantities of crushed gravel, as well as begin mining and marketing a more ... and supplies quality crushed gravel and clay sand, along with expert staffing and ... (05/13/2013)
- M-Sand thrown up as an alternative to river sand - With river sand ... quarry dust by floating it through pressurised water shower leading to reduction of impurities gives us M-Sand. The production of robot silica or sand, got through another method of processing gravel and soil by cleansing the material ... (08/11/2012)
- Architect shows board benefits of quarry Parks, homes could be built on land after mining - In addition, the quarry might process and stockpile sand, gravel, clay and fill dirt. It later could house an asphalt plant. If all county and state regulatory hurdles are cleared, Gould plans to start the project in two to three years. Mining is expected ... (05/24/1996)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $25,249,325 on Sand, Gravel, Clay & Ceramic Mining & Quarrying. It has awarded 939 contracts to 219 companies, with an average value of $115,294 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.