|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Sawmills & Wood Preservation
Overview of the U.S. Sawmills & Wood Preservation IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Sawmills & Wood Preservation: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Sawmills & Wood Preservation Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Sawmills & Wood Preservation companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Sawmills & Wood Preservation company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Sawmills & Wood Preservation industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Sawmills & Wood Preservation measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||6%|
|Farming, Fishing, and Forestry Occupations||5%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||7%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||26%|
|Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Wood||20%|
|Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||10%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||29%|
|Material Moving Workers||24%|
|Industrial Truck and Tractor Operators||6%|
|Industrial Truck and Tractor Operators||6%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||17%|
|Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand||12%|
Sawmills & Wood Preservation Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Sierra Pacific Industries||27|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Fonds Valorisation Bois Invests in Groupe Lebel of Rivière-du-Loup - Groupe Lebel is a family business whose origins date back to 1956 that operates softwood lumber sawmills, in value added wood products manufacturing and in wood preservation treatment. Groupe Lebel is a regional leader with its head office established in ... (01/04/2018)
- A new vocation: Jay Healy talks about life at the Sawmill - CHARLEMONT — Former state legislator and Agriculture Secretary Jay Healy stands in cascading sunlight, pouring through a small window in a storage barn at The Sawmill at Hall ... is to finish the wood. The sawmill is able to produce both unfinished ... (11/27/2016)
- ICSS relocates, opens F-M's only full-service sawmill - MOORHEAD—A reclaimed wood company that opened in Fargo in 2012 has moved across the Red River to Moorhead and expanded its services to include what is believed to be Fargo-Moorhead's only full-service sawmill and lumber kiln. "As far as I know ... (07/13/2015)
- John Nielsen: Forestry key part of region’s economy - Sawmills, wood preservation and kitchen cabinetry businesses in this area provide nearly 800 of about 2,100 forest-supported jobs in the region. These are good-paying jobs averaging nearly 15 percent higher average income per job compared to the economy as ... (08/05/2013)
- Montpelier donates sawmill to Somerset Steam and Gas - Recently, one of the remaining remnants of that time, a Frick sawmill responsible for cutting all the wood used on Scott’s property, was passed from Montpelier to the capable and eager hands of the Somerset Steam and Gas Association for preservation. “ (07/17/2013)
- Research and Markets: Sawmills in China - Sawmill Industry Revenue Is Set To Reach $9.1 Billion In 2012 - The Sawmills in China industry comprises establishments that saw raw logs lengthwise into lumber of standardized width and depth with sawing machines or manipulative devices. They also process lumbers chemically in preservatives and other soaks ... (06/08/2012)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $5,308,185 on Sawmills & Wood Preservation. It has awarded 243 contracts to 90 companies, with an average value of $58,980 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.