|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Seafood Canning
Overview: the U.S. Seafood Canning Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Seafood Canning:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Seafood Canning Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Seafood Canning companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Seafood Canning company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Seafood Canning industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Seafood Canning measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||6%|
|Food Processing Workers||43%|
|Butchers and Other Meat, Poultry, and Fish Processing Workers||37%|
|Meat, Poultry, and Fish Cutters and Trimmers||37%|
|Miscellaneous Food Processing Workers||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||12%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||6%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||6%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||16%|
|Material Moving Workers||13%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||11%|
|Packers and Packagers, Hand||6%|
Seafood Canning Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Bumble Bee Foods||121|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Blockchain Project Could Revolutionise Seafood Industry - New Blockchain Project has Potential to Revolutionise Seafood Industry Environmental organisation ... the Blockchain Supply Chain Traceability Project is using digital technology in the fresh and frozen tuna sectors of the Western and Central Pacific ... (01/08/2018)
- Seafood Market Is Expected To Grow Owing To Technological Improvements In Processing, Packaging And Storage Of Seafood Till 2021 | Million Insights - The technological improvements in processing, packaging and storage of seafood ... Europe and Japan are the major regions consuming fresh and frozen seafood while in the U.S fresh, frozen and canned seafood are mostly consumed.The market is segmented ... (01/04/2018)
- Fresh seafood keeps traditional grocers strong - It’s a preference that echoes the results of Mintel’s Fish and Shellfish US 2016 report, which found that frequent seafood customers trend to purchase fresh options as opposed to frozen counterparts ... incredibly wary of processing and manufacturing ... (07/24/2017)
- Nova Scotia Unveils Pure Seafood Products at Seafood Expo Global - HALIFAX, NS--(Marketwired - April 25, 2017) - Nine seafood companies from ... in the industry and specializes in fresh and frozen products around the world. Gidney Fisheries Ltd. have been procuring, selecting, processing and delivering the finest quality ... (04/25/2017)
- Seafood company's future in question - ... a fresh fish cutting line to supplement other processing lines for lobsters and frozen Chilean sea bass. It became an integral player in the city’s “Gloucester Fresh” campaign to market its seafood by agreeing to exclusively cut the fresh ... (01/16/2017)
- Gloucester Seafood Processing to focus solely on lobster - City officials were scrambling Tuesday to decode the meaning in the Mazzetta Company’s announcement that it plans to “temporarily suspend” its fresh fish processing operation at Gloucester Seafood Processing ... lines for frozen Chilean sea bass ... (08/24/2016)
- Seafood Processors From Around the World Receive FDA Warning Letters - Foreign seafood processors ... of its seafood-processing plant last Feb. 11-12, 2014. The agency was not satisfied with the HACCP plan the Portuguese company provided. An inadequate plan means the company’s fresh and frozen sardines, mackerel, and ... (12/08/2014)
- Research and Markets: Fresh And Frozen Seafood Processing Industry in the United States - Industry Size & Growth, Trends and Competitive Analysis - has announced the addition of the "Fresh And Frozen Seafood Processing Industry in the United States - Industry Size & Growth, Trends and Competitive Analysis" report to their offering. The Fresh And Frozen Seafood Processing report provides an independent ... (10/29/2013)
- Busy seafood processor moves into bigger building - is an international fresh and frozen seafood company. But the company had outgrown its former location and jumped at the opportunity to move to its new location on South Street. "We've been processing fish on Hassey Street for almost two years, but it was ... (02/14/2012)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $64,080,321 on Seafood Canning. It has awarded 132 contracts to 36 companies, with an average value of $1,780,009 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Fish manufacturing, Dinners, frozen seafood, manufacturing, Canning, fish, crustacea, and molluscs, Fish freezing (e.g., blocks, fillets, ready-to-serve products), Chowders, seafood, Drying fish and seafood, Seafood and seafood products manufacturing, Picking crab meat, Seafood dinners, frozen, Curing fish and seafood, Freezing fish (e.g., Fish egg bait canning, Seafood and seafood products curing, Cod liver oil extraction, crude, processing, Shucking and packing fresh shellfish, Shellfish and shellfish products manufacturing, Soups, Shellfish curing, Fish, curing, drying, pickling, salting, and smoking, Fish meal processing, Cannery, Fish and marine animal oils processing, Surimi manufacturing, Seafood and seafood products canning, Shellfish and shellfish products canning, Seaweed processing (e.g., dulse), etc.