Secondary Smelting & Alloying of Aluminum Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Secondary Smelting & Alloying of Aluminum
Overview of the U.S. Secondary Smelting & Alloying of Aluminum IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Secondary Smelting & Alloying of Aluminum: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Secondary Smelting & Alloying of Aluminum industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Secondary Smelting And Alloying Of Aluminum
Secondary Smelting And Alloying Of Aluminum, Not Categorized, Total
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
Contract Work - Receipts For Work Done For Others On Their Materials
Miscellaneous Receipts, Including Receipts For Repair Work, Sales Of Scrap And Refuse.
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Secondary Smelting & Alloying of Aluminum Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Secondary Smelting & Alloying of Aluminum companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Secondary Smelting & Alloying of Aluminum company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Secondary Smelting & Alloying of Aluminum industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Secondary Smelting & Alloying of Aluminum measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||6%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||11%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||9%|
|Supervisors of Production Workers||6%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers||6%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers||6%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||34%|
|Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||8%|
|Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||6%|
|Machine Tool Cutting Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||7%|
|Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||5%|
|Metal Furnace Operators, Tenders, Pourers, and Casters||8%|
|Metal-Refining Furnace Operators and Tenders||7%|
|Other Production Occupations||12%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||7%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||14%|
|Material Moving Workers||13%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||7%|
Secondary Smelting & Alloying of Aluminum Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- UK’s GFG Alliance in bid to buy French aluminium firm - Liberty acquired Rio Tinto’s aluminium smelter at Lochaber in Scotland in December 2016 and is currently investing £120 million ($162 million) to modernise and expand the plant, including the addition of an adjacent alloy wheels factory that will use ... (01/11/2018)
- Sanjeev Gupta envisages €2bn manufacturing business in France - Among his deals was the £330m purchase in 2016 of Rio Tinto’s aluminium smelter in Scotland where GFG Alliance is building an alloy wheel factory. He has also expanded to Australia, most recently buying the Tahmoor coal mine from Glencore through GFG ... (01/10/2018)
- EUROPEAN MORNING BRIEF 10/01: SHFE trades mostly lower; global aluminum premiums; US non-ferrous scrap exports backpedal - Secondary aluminium alloy prices in the United States have held steady with ... Liberty House in deal to acquire Rio Tinto’s Dunkerque aluminium smelter NORTH AMERICAN MORNING BRIEF 09/01: Stronger dollar weighs on LME base metals; seaborne iron ore ... (01/10/2018)
- US secondary aluminium alloy prices flat - Access to AMM.com editorial content is granted to paid subscribers and trialists only. If you wish to have instant access to article content please either subscribe or take a free trial. Find out today why AMM, the original metals price reporting agency ... (01/09/2018)
- US secondary aluminum prices start the year steady - S&P Global Platts assessed A380 secondary aluminum alloy at 96-98 cents/lb ... "Scrap dealers want more money, especially with this weather," the smelter said, adding: "So we're trying to lay low [for now] to see what's going on." Prices remained fairly ... (01/04/2018)
- Global Alumina and Aluminum Production and Processing Market Briefing 2016-2017 & Forecasts to 2020 & 2022 - Research and Markets - Markets Covered: Aluminum Product Manufacturing From Purchased Aluminum, Secondary Smelting And Alloying Of Aluminum, Alumina Refining And Primary Aluminum Production Time Series: Five years historic and forecast. Data: Market value in $ billions. (01/03/2018)
- RUSAL LMZ SKAD lifts aluminium wheels production by 27pct in 2017 - the SKAD Research Centre engaged Krasnoyarsk Aluminum Smelter to launch the production and direct supply of aluminium-silicon based alloys. The developed alloy is characterized by its higher strength, stiffness and lightness, which provides optimal quality ... (01/02/2018)
- U.S. Secondary Aluminum Market - Analysis And Forecast to 2025 with Smelter Service Corp and others - Research and Markets - DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "U.S. Secondary Aluminum Market - Analysis And Forecast ... and aluminum-base alloy powders, paste, and flakes from purchased aluminum; Secondary smelting and alloying of ... (03/13/2017)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $2,984,755 on Secondary Smelting & Alloying of Aluminum. It has awarded 8 contracts to 4 companies, with an average value of $746,189 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Aluminum flakes made from purchased aluminum, Powder made from purchased aluminum, Aluminum recovering from scrap and making ingot and billet (except by rolling), Alloying purchased aluminum metals, Aluminum extrusion ingot (i.e., billet), secondary, Aluminum ingot, manufacturing, Aluminum ingot made from purchased aluminum, Flakes, aluminum, made from purchased aluminum, secondary smelting of aluminum and manufacturing, Aluminum billet made from purchased aluminum, Metal powder and flake made from purchased aluminum, Aluminum alloys made from scrap or dross, Aluminum smelting, and making ingot and billet (except by rolling), Paste made from purchased aluminum, Aluminum billet made in integrated secondary smelting and rolling mills, Refining aluminum, etc.