Shoe & Footwear Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Shoe & Footwear Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Shoe & Footwear Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Shoe & Footwear Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Shoe & Footwear Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Shoe & Footwear Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Shoe & Footwear Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Shoe & Footwear Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Shoe & Footwear Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||8%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||8%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||8%|
|Textile, Apparel, and Furnishings Workers||50%|
|Sewing Machine Operators||8%|
|Sewing Machine Operators||8%|
|Shoe and Leather Workers||39%|
|Shoe and Leather Workers and Repairers||12%|
|Shoe Machine Operators and Tenders||27%|
|Other Production Occupations||7%|
Shoe & Footwear Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Wolverine World Wide||561|
|New Balance Athletics||257|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Data Center IT Asset Disposition Market by Manufacturers, Type and Application, Forecast to 2022 - This report focuses on the Basketball Shoes in Asia-Pacific market, especially in China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Southeast Asia, India and Australia.This report categorizes the market based on manufacturers, countries/Regions, type and application. (01/11/2018)
- Infographic: See How Much US Footwear Imports Dipped in First 10 Months of 2017 - The U.S. imported fewer shoes last year, and China’s share continues to slide ... as the recovery in investment, manufacturing and trade continues. This content is for Annual, Monthly and Limited members only. You can read up to five free articles ... (01/10/2018)
- Blackstock & Weber Takes a Modern Approach to The Classic Shoe - We handcraft beautiful shoes in England in the town of Northamptonshire, the home of some of the top footwear manufacturers on the planet. Priced at $295 or less collection wide, we’re offering an unprecedented value by going straight to the consumer and ... (01/10/2018)
- New study: Global volleyball shoes market perceived to develop substantially with a strong CAGR by 2023 - Manufacturers and Downstream Industry Chapter 10 Market Driving Factor Analysis of Volleyball Shoes Chapter 11 Volleyball Shoes Market Competition Status by Major Manufacturers Chapter 12 Volleyball Shoes Major Manufacturers Introduction and Market Data ... (01/10/2018)
- Chinese firms focussing on graphene-enhanced shoes - Chinese footwear manufacturers are reportedly focusing on graphene-enhanced shoes that are lightweight, self-sterilizing and deodorizing. In Jinjiang City, Fujian, China's largest production centre for sports shoes, footwear makers are adding graphene ... (01/09/2018)
- Empowering Aba Shoe Makers - Automation of manufacturing processes is now an absolute necessity, especially in shoe making where orders of tens of thousands pairs of shoes have to be expeditiously serviced and delivered to specification. After analysing the challenges and future ... (01/08/2018)
- Some of the best dress shoes we've ever tried are $250 cheaper right now - Shoes originally priced at $399 are available for $149 ... We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently ... (01/05/2018)
- Global Trail Running Shoes Market by Manufacturers, Types, Regions and Application Research Report Forecast to 2022 - (EMAILWIRE.COM, January 05, 2018 ) Global Trail Running Shoes Market report is replete with detailed analysis from a thorough research, especially on questions that border on market size, development environment, futuristic developments, operation ... (01/05/2018)
- Home products company creates adjustable shoe organizer - “Although she may love her shoes, they can also be a pain point when they are ... Rachel Watson is a Grand Rapids Business Journal staff reporter who covers food, manufacturing, small business, banking and finance, city government, HR and diversity. (01/05/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $9,096,458 on Shoe & Footwear Manufacturing. It has awarded 855 contracts to 123 companies, with an average value of $73,955 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|