Shoe Repair Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Shoe Repair
Overview of the U.S. Shoe Repair IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Shoe Repair: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Shoe Repair industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Maintenance And Repair - Footwear
Maintenance And Repair - Garments
Resale Of Merchandise
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Shoe Repair company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Shoe Repair industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Shoe Repair measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||6%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||16%|
|Other Office and Administrative Support Workers||6%|
|Office Clerks, General||6%|
|Office Clerks, General||6%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||39%|
|Vehicle and Mobile Equipment Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers||11%|
|Small Engine Mechanics||10%|
|Motorboat Mechanics and Service Technicians||6%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||25%|
|Home Appliance Repairers||15%|
|Home Appliance Repairers||15%|
|Textile, Apparel, and Furnishings Workers||18%|
|Miscellaneous Textile, Apparel, and Furnishings Workers||8%|
Shoe Repair Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|T & B Boots|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- The future after the fire - In Indiana, the owner of a longtime family business, the Ottumwa dry-cleaning shop named American Cleaners and Shoe Repair, was receiving messages from old friends who knew what the place had meant to him and his family. But it was the present business ... (01/08/2018)
- Genius of Shoes - The shoes were made of suede, which made the problem especially distressing. Fortunately, I have done business in the past with a brilliant shoe-repair man in Manhattan. He is a genius with shoes — caring, knowledgeable and experienced. When I showed him ... (01/08/2018)
- Yelp 100 Challenge 2018 - These boots were made for walking..... I finally found my go to shoe repair store! Quick service. came by and had 3 pairs of boots that needed heel taps to be repaired. $3/pair for heel taps, and this is the cheapest I've seen both in Philly and in LA. (01/06/2018)
- Walking the Walk With a Professional Shoe Conservator - You can’t make the shoe look like it did when it was made ... Sometimes, if an item gets handled too much, a repair can fail. Then you want to be able to go in and replace it or reset it. On some of the 18th-century shoes there are repairs—but they ... (01/06/2018)
- City, downtown Killeen businesses meet to address homeless population - Killeen Director of Communications Hilary Shine said Thursday representatives from Brick & Barrel, Christell’s Flowers, First National Bank, Tharpe’s Boot & Shoe Repair, Killeen Vision Source and Security Finance met with city officials Dec. 11 to ... (01/05/2018)
- Shoe storage that doesn't stink: What's your solution? - Or take them to a shoe repair place and ask for advice. Readers, can you help Marie? Plastic boxes are ok for normal storage of shoes you wear fairly often and aren’t crazy valuable. Expensive designer shoes often come with their own cloth dust bag for ... (01/04/2018)
- Starting on the right foot: Shoe store owners save soles in downtown Waupun - Generations of area residents recall his personalized service and how he could pick the right shoe from a pile of inventory with a single grab. That was in the 1930s, and Brooks Shoes & Repair has been going strong ever since. A new chapter began recently ... (01/02/2018)
- The 10 Best Shoe Repair Shops In NYC - After you buy the perfect shoes, it's important to take good care of them so you can wear them for more than one season. Cleaning and shining them regularly, and getting them resoled when needed will help you keep your shoes looking nice and lasting longer. (12/09/2014)
- Best of New York: Dino's Shoe Repair has best quality shoe shine; Eddie's in Rockefeller recommended - Once you get a $4 shoeshine at Dino's Shoe Repair on Columbus Circle you won't ever go anywhere else. Owner Maria Filios has been in the shoe-care business for 35 years and might as well be the fairy godmother of shoes, if the fairy godmother wore plastic ... (04/10/2011)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $40,687 on Shoe Repair. It has awarded 3 contracts to 2 companies, with an average value of $20,343 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Leather goods repair shops without retailing new leather goods, Luggage repair shops without retailing new luggage, Shoe repair shops without retailing new shoes, Saddlery repair shops without retailing new saddlery, Boot repair shops without retailing new boots, etc.
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.