|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Soap & Cleaning Compound Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Soap & Cleaning Compound Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Soap & Cleaning Compound Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Soap & Cleaning Compound Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Soap & Cleaning Compound Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Soap & Cleaning Compound Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Soap & Cleaning Compound Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Soap & Cleaning Compound Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||14%|
|Material Recording, Scheduling, Dispatching, and Distributing Workers||6%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||36%|
|Chemical Processing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||5%|
|Crushing, Grinding, Polishing, Mixing, and Blending Workers||10%|
|Mixing and Blending Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||9%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||13%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||13%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||10%|
|Material Moving Workers||9%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||7%|
Soap & Cleaning Compound Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Environmental Biotech International|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Why Choose Quartz Worktops Over Granite - Some companies even mix an antimicrobial compound ... warm water and soap using a non-abrasive sponge and you're good to go! To remove stubborn stains, the best way to remove it is to merely wipe the surface with a pan soap and scrub it clean until all ... (01/13/2018)
- U.S. FDA halts use of triclosan in health care antiseptics - The antibacterial compound triclosan ... The American Cleaning Institute, which represents producers of soaps and detergents, is pleased that the agency deferred action on the six chemicals. “Manufacturers need sufficient time to provide FDA with ... (12/22/2017)
- Hand Soap and Toothpaste Are Exposing Kids to Increasing Levels of a Controversial Endocrine Disrupter - US manufacturers are phasing triclosan out of hand soaps after the Food and Drug Administration banned it effective last year amid concerns that the compound disrupted the body's hormone systems. It remains in Colgate Total toothpaste, some cleaning ... (06/28/2017)
- How to Keep Your Aircraft Clean - Aircraft Cleaning Basics When it comes to washing an aircraft’s exterior, there are two basic types of methods — wet and dry. The wet wash is the most familiar: Spray on water and cleaning agent (soap), scrub ... the wet cleaning compound applicator ... (11/27/2015)
- GEMI Launches Supply Chain Sustainability Tool - plastic film and sheet manufacturing, and soap and cleaning compound manufacturing. The browser-based tool allows users to input spending across purchase categories, then calculates CO2e and water impacts and assesses alternative purchasing scenarios for ... (01/23/2015)
- Research and Markets: 2013 U.S. Soap & Cleaning Compound Manufacturing Industry - Industry & Market Report - has announced the addition of the "2013 U.S. Soap & Cleaning Compound Manufacturing Industry - Industry & Market Report" report to their offering. The 2013 U.S. Soap & Cleaning Compound Manufacturing Industry-Industry & Market Report, published annually ... (02/28/2013)
- The Messy Truth About Dry Cleaning - The Silicones Environmental, Health and Safety Council, an industry group, says that the studies aren't applicable to humans and that the compound is ... And don't dry-clean unless a garment is truly dirty; after all, sometimes soap and water, or a bit ... (08/10/2008)
- Use Latex As First Coat When Painting Wallboard - When painting wallboard you are actually painting two materials: the paper covering of the wallboard, and the compound that was used ... If you are interested in just cleaning a dirty wall, you can use soap and water. A gentle liquid soap is good. (12/13/1998)
- New Wallboard Poses Painting Challenge - When painting wallboard you are actually painting two materials: the paper covering of the wallboard and the compound that was used ... A: If you are interested in just cleaning a dirty wall, you can use soap and water. A gentle liquid soap is good. (10/18/1998)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $16,261,745 on Soap & Cleaning Compound Manufacturing. It has awarded 1,575 contracts to 210 companies, with an average value of $77,437 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|