Soap, Cleaning Compound & Toilet Preparation Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Soap, Cleaning Compound & Toilet Preparation Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Soap, Cleaning Compound & Toilet Preparation Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Soap, Cleaning Compound & Toilet Preparation Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Soap, Cleaning Compound & Toilet Preparation Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Soap, Cleaning Compound & Toilet Preparation Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Soap, Cleaning Compound & Toilet Preparation Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Soap, Cleaning Compound & Toilet Preparation Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Soap, Cleaning Compound & Toilet Preparation Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||14%|
|Material Recording, Scheduling, Dispatching, and Distributing Workers||6%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||36%|
|Chemical Processing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||5%|
|Crushing, Grinding, Polishing, Mixing, and Blending Workers||10%|
|Mixing and Blending Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||9%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||13%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||13%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||10%|
|Material Moving Workers||9%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||7%|
Soap, Cleaning Compound & Toilet Preparation Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Procter & Gamble||8035|
|S.C. Johnson & Son||2247|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Greene County restaurant inspections - Required: Unpackaged foods must have manufacturers information and ingredients ... Required: Must be cleaned as often as necessary to keep them clean. Observed: Restroom door is not self-closing. Required: Toilet room must be provided with a self-closing ... (01/12/2018)
- Full list of items under revised GST rates - Compound preparations for making non-alcoholic beverages, Food flavouring material, Churna for pan, Custard powder, other non-alcoholic beverages, all goods [including aerated waters], containing added sugar or other sweetening matter or flavoured ... (11/11/2017)
- Bad limes, and toilets that don't flush in Montco restaurants - An employee washed their hands but did not use soap ... were not clean. Inspected July 13. Cigarette smoke evident in employee restroom and ashes were found in the hand sink; an employee beverage was stored in prep cooler; the toilet in employee restroom ... (08/15/2017)
- Clean aprons stored in bathroom, cockroaches in kitchen, winged insects in bottles of tequila: Lancaster County restaurant inspections, July 24-30 - clean food equipment on the drying rack stored wet in a manner that does not allow for draining and/or air drying (wet nesting); hand-wash sink in the front and back food-prep area being used as a food preparation sink as evidenced by cheese and parsley in ... (08/19/2016)
- Nigeria: The Girl-Child and Challenge of Toilet Facilities in Public Schools - I always need water to clean myself whenever I use the toilet and that is never available in my school. Whenever I want to urinate, I go to the bush in my school compound but I stopped ... water for their family, making it difficult for them to attend ... (07/29/2014)
- Tummy bug outbreak sparks warning - "It is important that people with recent tummy bug symptoms stay away from swimming ... after going to the toilet, and before and during food preparation. Use plenty of soap, clean under your fingernails, rinse your hands well and dry them on a clean ... (07/16/2013)
- Anal itching is a common, vexing problem - I have used Preparation ... powders, toilet tissue, etc. After a bowel movement, clean gently with a moistened pad, such as Tucks or a baby wipe that has been rinsed with water, then blot dry with toilet paper, never rubbing or using soap. (05/27/2013)
- Hand washing the most effective way to prevent spread of germs - Follow these steps to ensure effective hand washing: -- Wet your hands with clean, hot water and apply soap. -- Rub your hands together, making sure to scrub between ... the surfaces in our home; our food preparation and storage areas; and household ... (12/05/2012)
- 5 Tips for a Cleaner, Greener Kitchen - Most people think that the bathroom is the dirtiest room in the house — it does have the toilet ... preparation to nasty spills, the kitchen is a high traffic area for germs — but don’t freak out and douse your whole kitchen in bleach. Common ... (03/27/2011)
- Research and Markets: Soap and Other Detergent Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and Its International Trade - DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/cbee17/soap_and_other_det) has announced the addition of Supplier Relations US, LLC's new report "Soap and Other Detergent Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its ... (04/01/2010)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $18,126,331 on Soap, Cleaning Compound & Toilet Preparation Manufacturing. It has awarded 1,646 contracts to 237 companies, with an average value of $76,482 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|