|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Sports Coaching & Instruction
Overview: the U.S. Sports Coaching & Instruction Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Sports Coaching & Instruction:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Sports Coaching & Instruction industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Leisure And Recreation Activities Instruction And Training
Leisure And Recreation Activities Instruction And Training - Sports, Exercise, And Nature Appreciation
Special Events, Interschool Athletics, And Recreation (On A Fee-For-Admissions Basis.)
Resale Of Merchandise
Contributions, Gifts, And Grants - Private
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Sports Coaching & Instruction company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Sports Coaching & Instruction industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Sports Coaching & Instruction measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Education, Training, and Library Occupations||54%|
|Other Teachers and Instructors||45%|
|Self-Enrichment Education Teachers||27%|
|Self-Enrichment Education Teachers||27%|
|Miscellaneous Teachers and Instructors||16%|
|Teachers and Instructors, All Other, Except Substitute Teachers||16%|
|Arts, Design, Entertainment, Sports, and Media Occupations||15%|
|Entertainers and Performers, Sports and Related Workers||14%|
|Athletes, Coaches, Umpires, and Related Workers||12%|
|Coaches and Scouts||12%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||12%|
Sports Coaching & Instruction Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Schedule Any Lesson Announces Affiliation with MVP Sports Recruiting - In November they announced an affiliation with the very highly regarded Positive Coaching Alliance ... five categories of instructors: Sports, Education, Fitness & Training, Music and Dance. Unlike competing private instruction sites, Schedule Any Lesson ... (01/09/2018)
- Vote now for United States Sports Academy's Male and Female Athlete of the Year - The awards honor exemplary achievement in coaching, all-around athletic ... special mission sports university created to serve the nation and world with programs in instruction, research and service. The role of the Academy is to prepare men and women ... (01/08/2018)
- Jen Derevjanik doesn't miss a beat as a high school hoops coach - Jen Derevjanik stood in front of her bench, giving instruction, of course, when she wasn't watching her team silently, arms folded. Truth of the matter is, Derevjanik the coach doesn't appear too different from Derevjanik the player. And that's a good thing. (01/08/2018)
- Girls soccer coach of the year: Kelly Bleam, Northwestern - “The coach you see at practice and the coach you see at a game ... There’s a lot more talking, interaction and instruction. “In a game, I feel like it’s an opportunity for the girls to perform what we’ve practiced and what we’ve focused on. (01/07/2018)
- Sambo coaching seminar held in Cyprus - Dmitry Maksimov, FIAS sports director and leader of the seminar ... "This seminar is a very important part of the coach staff instruction process. "Such training courses should be arranged as often as possible." Andreou also stressed the importance ... (01/07/2018)
- Texas A&M Job Posting: “Assistant Football Coach” - The Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Coach with the football program; provides instruction, demonstration, evaluation and teaching of sport to assure individual student athletes and team reaches maximum potential. Assist with ... (01/06/2018)
- Lima area sports calendar - There will be an event for boneless pork loins, canned beef and bacon Sunday, Jan. 7, at the Continental Conservation Club located 1/2 mile north and 1/2 mile east of Continental on Road E. Practice and still target shooting scheduled for 11:30 a.m. with ... (01/05/2018)
- eCoachBasketball, Powered by the National Basketball Coaches Association, Instructional App Launching Today on iOS - immersive video instructional content, and interactive player-coach engagements that extend the traditional in-person sports instruction model. No longer will the barriers of time, distance, or financial resources limit players, coaches and parents from ... (01/03/2018)
- Get Smart: Right Coach, Right Time - The fun of sports is watching otherworldly ... The Georgia defense got a stop. Another instruction. Another stop. A timeout, and now, you saw Smart aflame. This was not a passive, schematic, trust-the-wisdom-of-the-process football coach. (01/01/2018)
- Sports Capsule - Instruction will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. each day ... Candidates should be experienced in the sport, have coaching experience and a resume of working with student-athletes at the high school level. Napa High School desires to select coaches who are ... (12/28/2017)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $3,835,932 on Sports Coaching & Instruction. It has awarded 177 contracts to 77 companies, with an average value of $49,817 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Growth Opportunities / Competitive ThreatsCompanies in other industries may also sell similar products. Since there is an overlap in the customer base, there may be an opportunity for companies in Sports Coaching & Instruction to sell additional products/services offered by these adjacent industries. Alternatively, these industries may identify further products in this industry to target. Products most at risk are those with the highest profit margins and lowest barriers to entry.
The following industries are competing channels for sales of similar products/services.
Occupational, Tech, & Trade; Prof Dev; & Mngmt Training Prog
|Competing Industry||Sales Relative to Sports Coaching & Instruction||Opportunity/Threat|
|Professional & Management Development Training|
|Vocational Schools & Occupational Training|
|Cosmetology & Barber Schools||Competing industry|
|Flight Training||Competing industry|
Sales from other industries of Occupational, Tech, & Trade; Prof Dev; & Mngmt Training Prog are less than those from Sports Coaching & Instruction. This may mean that other channels are a competitive risk of increasing their Occupational, Tech, & Trade; Prof Dev; & Mngmt Training Prog sales, taking market share from this industry.
Occupational, Tech, & Trade; Prof Dev; & Mngmt Training Prog Product Sales Report
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Swimming instruction, Riding instruction academies or schools, Golf instruction, camps, or schools, Sports instruction, Skin diving instruction, Tennis instruction, Gymnastics instruction, Scuba instruction, Sports instructors, independent (i.e., not participating in sporting events), Camps, sports instruction, Girls' camps, Soccer instruction, Sports camps (e.g., baseball, basketball, football), instructional, Sky diving instruction, Boys' camps, sports instructor, Professional sports (e.g., golf, skiing, swimming, tennis) instructors (i.e., Cheerleading instruction, Skiing instruction, Academies, riding instruction, Schools, Automobile racing schools, Bowling instruction, Baseball instruction, Martial arts instruction, Hockey instruction, Basketball instruction, Baton instruction, Jai alai instruction, Judo instruction, Karate instruction, camps or schools, Football instruction, etc.