|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Steel Product Manufacturing from Purchased Steel
Overview of the U.S. Steel Product Manufacturing from Purchased Steel IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Steel Product Manufacturing from Purchased Steel: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Steel Product Manufacturing from Purchased Steel Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Steel Product Manufacturing from Purchased Steel companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Steel Product Manufacturing from Purchased Steel company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Steel Product Manufacturing from Purchased Steel industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Steel Product Manufacturing from Purchased Steel measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||8%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||8%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||7%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||39%|
|Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||12%|
|Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||7%|
|Machine Tool Cutting Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||10%|
|Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||10%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||12%|
|Material Moving Workers||11%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||5%|
Steel Product Manufacturing from Purchased Steel Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Allied Tube & Conduit||125|
|Synventive Molding Soultions||59|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Global Superhard High Speed Steel Industry Analysis, Size, Market share, Growth, Trend and Forecast 2022 - Daye Special Steel, Crucible Industries, Schmolz Bickenbach Group, Erasteel Group, Bohler and others. Purchase a copy of this report at: https://www.themarketreports.com/report/buy-now/827681 When taking a good look at this report, based on the product ... (01/07/2018)
- Stock of Irving company skyrockets after $600M purchase - "Over the past several years we have repositioned our portfolio to focus on our core strengths of vertically-integrated steel manufacturing and fabrication ... their respective governments and sell their products at a price that U.S. companies can't ... (01/03/2018)
- CMC to acquire certain US rebar assets from Gerdau - a producer of long and specialty steel products in the Americas for a cash purchase price of $600 million, subject to customary purchase price adjustments. The acquisition includes 33 rebar fabrication facilities in the United States, as well as steel ... (01/03/2018)
- Commercial Metals Company To Acquire Certain U.S. Rebar Assets From Gerdau - GGB), a producer of long and specialty steel products in the Americas for a cash purchase price of $600 million, subject to customary purchase price adjustments. The acquisition includes 33 rebar fabrication facilities in the United States, as well as ... (01/02/2018)
- Kobe Steel : Wolf Popper LLP Files Class Action Lawsuit Against Kobe Steel, Ltd. - Investors who purchased Kobe Steel ... Shanghai cautions on products from scandal-hit Kobe Steel, tightens.. 2017 Mitsubishi Materials says push for market share led to data falsification 2017 Japan manufacturing scandals haven't hurt image but have ... (12/27/2017)
- Falcon Steel America Acquires Manufacturing Facility in Conroe, Texas - The addition of the new plant, located at 3575 Pollok Drive and sited on 25 acres, will more than double the company's manufacturing ... Steel America Falcon Steel America is an industry-leading fabricator and galvanizer of American-made steel products ... (11/28/2017)
- No falsely certified Kobe Steel products on Singapore trains - SINGAPORE - No "non-conforming" products from ... The bolsters are cast by Kobe Steel. The trains were shipped back to Qingdao in China after they were found to have hairline cracks. The KHI-CSR Sifang consortium is also manufacturing the new fleet of ... (10/28/2017)
- River Steel to close, lay off 20 remaining workers; company cites decline in mining, manufacturing - West Salem-based River Steel will close later this month, laying off the last 20 of its employees. The family-owned company, which manufactures components for large power shovels, cites a global decline in mining and the shift of U.S. manufacturing jobs to ... (03/08/2017)
- Research and Markets: Iron and Steel Pipe and Tube Manufacturing from Purchased Steel Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade 2012 Edition - Revenue for 2010 was $8.6 ... - This latest Iron and Steel Pipe and Tube Manufacturing from Purchased Steel Industry report provides the ... while also diving into the details such as market sizes of products and players. Industry experts consistently subscribe to this quarterly-updated ... (01/10/2012)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $11,202,122 on Steel Product Manufacturing from Purchased Steel. It has awarded 993 contracts to 289 companies, with an average value of $38,762 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.