|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Steel Rolling & Drawing
Overview of the U.S. Steel Rolling & Drawing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Steel Rolling & Drawing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Steel Rolling & Drawing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Steel Rolling & Drawing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Steel Rolling & Drawing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Steel Rolling & Drawing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Steel Rolling & Drawing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||8%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||8%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||7%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||39%|
|Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||12%|
|Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||7%|
|Machine Tool Cutting Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||10%|
|Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||10%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||12%|
|Material Moving Workers||11%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||5%|
Steel Rolling & Drawing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- China Is Powerful, But India Is Not A Weak Nation, Says Army Chief Bipin Rawat - Chief Justice Of India — Above Or Under The Law Why The Oil Price Rise Isn’t Pinching You More Tata Steel Will Have To Buy Its Way Back ... some experts feel, may draw India's neighbours including the Maldives, Sri Lanka and Nepal towards Beijing. (01/13/2018)
- The Unsolved Mystery of the Marbled Murrelet - On the rolling seas two kilometers off the central Oregon coast ... needles, thread, rulers, a small steel band. Then she leans back in her chair and closes her eyes. She has been on the water since 6:00 p.m., and has no qualms about getting a little ... (01/10/2018)
- Houston Jobs: 95 Welding Jobs Open In Houston - Aluminum and steel welding experience a plus ... General Welding experience * Multi Task ability * Minimum 2 years experience with Plate Rolling * Reading of prints and drawings * Must be able to ... Pass a 3G weld test MIG root / Flux fill and cap. (01/09/2018)
- STEEL NEWS ROUND-UP: British Steel chief resigns, FN Steel agrees deal with Ovako, ArcelorMittal jv with Sail a step closer - “The quality of our steel, coupled with FN Steel’s wire rolling and drawing expertise, will ensure that our end customers receive the premium products they require,” Ovako CEO Marcus Hedblom said. Metal Bulletin’s weekly price assessment for ... (01/03/2018)
- Swiss Steel Emmenbrücke awards order to supply a PQA® for quality management to MET/Con of SMS Group - Swiss Steel, member of the SCHMOLZ + BICKENBACH Group ... production and quality data from steelmaking, casting and rolling, right down to the drawing processes. The PQA® expert quality rules, which can be freely configured and fed with specific knowhow ... (12/13/2017)
- Giant Steel Pier wheel rolling again; on track to be in sky by July - Steel Pier’s long-awaited observation wheel is on track to ... But Anthony Catanoso, the president of the pier, said he’s optimistic that the 200-foot-high wheel will be a new draw for Atlantic City even before that point next summer. (09/26/2016)
- BlueScope cleared to acquire Pacific Steel - The sale includes Pacific Steel's rolling mill and wire drawing facilities at Otahuhu and its Fijian rolling mill. Once Bluescope's billet caster is running, NZ Steel will supply billet to the rolling mills at Otahuhu and in Fiji. (04/16/2014)
- Fletchers to sell Auckland steel mill - It includes its rolling mill and wire drawing facilities in South Auckland, as well as its Fijian rolling mill. However, its steel mill will close by the end of 2015. The sale was announced on Monday and has been criticised by New Zealand's biggest union ... (02/17/2014)
- College student’s thigh art draws international attention - The portrait-like drawings are often pre-planned, but Steel said others, like the animal ones, are spur of the moment. Job offers and freelance opportunities have started rolling in to design logos for companies or marketing projects. For Steel ... (09/20/2013)
- Mozambique: Steel Rolling Mill Resumes Production - Maputo — Maputo's steel rolling mill, paralysed for almost a decade ... In 1992, CIFEL and the wire-drawing company Trefil were privatized. EMM, a company owned by Portuguese businessman Antonion Simoes, purchased 60 per cent of the two companies ... (03/31/2008)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $7,674,029 on Steel Rolling & Drawing. It has awarded 570 contracts to 143 companies, with an average value of $53,665 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.