Stone Mining & Quarrying Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Stone Mining & Quarrying
Overview of the U.S. Stone Mining & Quarrying IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Stone Mining & Quarrying: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Stone Mining & Quarrying Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Stone Mining & Quarrying companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Stone Mining & Quarrying company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Stone Mining & Quarrying industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Stone Mining & Quarrying measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Construction and Extraction Occupations||31%|
|Construction Trades Workers||14%|
|Construction Equipment Operators||11%|
|Operating Engineers and Other Construction Equipment Operators||11%|
|Mining Machine Operators||7%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||10%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Other Production Occupations||9%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||28%|
|Motor Vehicle Operators||11%|
|Driver/Sales Workers and Truck Drivers||11%|
|Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers||11%|
|Material Moving Workers||15%|
|Dredge, Excavating, and Loading Machine Operators||9%|
|Excavating and Loading Machine and Dragline Operators||8%|
Stone Mining & Quarrying Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|S & W Ready Mix Concrete||17|
|Cold Spring Granite|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Parsik quarries remain major source of building materials - Despite the fact that the hill is left with only 15% to 20% of permissible mining limits, quarry owners said it could last for ... The data provided by CCF , Thane, shows the distribution of stone mines is hugely skewed. Out of them, 74 mines are currently ... (01/13/2018)
- Seven stone quarries fetch ? 5.75 crore - which were of ‘rough stone’ category, would be leased for a period of five years. On the 38 quarries that were not leased, a senior official from the Department of Geology and Mining said that auction process would be initiated again for these quarries ... (01/12/2018)
- Call to set up marble industrial parks in collaboration with China - LAHORE - Marble and granite industry of Pakistan can be transformed into a cutting-edge stone industry by adopting Chinese ... and Kohat are the high-potential areas where quarrying and mining are already taking place, he added. Identifying the major ... (01/11/2018)
- Call for bringing Chinese marble extraction technology to Pakistan - LAHORE: The Pak-China Joint Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PCJCCI) here Wednesday called for adopting Chinese quarrying techniques for marble and granite extraction so as transform a cutting-edge stone industry ... quarrying and mining were already ... (01/10/2018)
- PASDEC, UET sign deal for research, development in marble, granite sector - ISLAMABAD: The Pakistan Stone Development Company (PASDEC ... Granite Sector of Pakistan and established mechanized quarries. PASDEC is also facilitating the private sector through provision of mining machines as well as arranging participation in the ... (01/06/2018)
- Kilifi school to be moved because of troublesome stone quarry - ALSO READ: Sh29b for free day learning released He said the school has been in existence for 20 years and quarry and mining companies operating in the area ought to have taken preventive measures. In an interview, Kilifi County Executive for Environment ... (01/06/2018)
- Lack of rules to check felling of trees in Margalla Hills annoys SC - for checking deforestation and stone crushing in the Margalla Hills National Park. A three-judge Supreme Court bench, headed by Chief Justice Mian Saqib Nisar, also imposed a complete ban on mining and quarrying in areas that fall within the jurisdiction ... (01/05/2018)
- Kiran Choudhry demands CBI probe into illegal mining in Dadam area - Leader of the Haryana Congress Legislature Party Kiran Choudhary on Wednesday demanded a CBI inquiry into the illegal mining at Dadam stone quarry in Bhiwani district which not only constituted a grave violation of the Supreme Court orders banning mining ... (01/03/2018)
- Dadam mining: MP got whiff of it, but no one took action - It seems the BJP MP from Bhiwani-Mahendragarh, Dharambir Singh, had caught a whiff of illegal mining in a Dadam stone quarry (Bhiwani district) a few months after mining commenced there. The mining in Dadam had started on October 29, 2015 after the state ... (01/02/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $29,321,883 on Stone Mining & Quarrying. It has awarded 582 contracts to 194 companies, with an average value of $151,144 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.